Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Seriously.. what if we lose??

I don't think it's going to happen. I think we'll shock them in the first half, and the game will be over early in the third. We'll continue to be aggressive enough on offense to continue running the score up in the third, but Fisher & his Crew will be thinking of this as an educational experience early.

But this board has been a totally different place in the last week. We've been on a rollercoaster since the beggining of the season, Starting off with hope, and faith, and good will towards Kubiak and his coaches. After Philly, Indy, and Washington, we started looking for candidates for DC for next year.

After Miami & Dallas, we were looking for replacement Running backs, and after Jacksonville, there's been nothing but love for Lundy, Gado, & RichardSmith.

I understand the highs & lows are all part of being a fan, but the swings on this board have been so wild... it's crazy.

Knee Jerk??

That's putting it mildly.

But if we lose to Tennessee( I know we won't, but if we did), are we gonna want to see heads roll??
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seriously.. what if we lose??

winning is tough in this league...so yeah, we may lose. It's just a game between two bottom dwelling teams right now...I don't think it has long term implications...if that is what you are getting at.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

We will be 2-5 and therefore may be deleting or editing many flammable and derogatory posts.

I am not so much worried about if we lose, but would be more worried about how we lose. I do expect us to win.
Old 10-27-2006   #4
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Shame on you for even bringing up the fact that we may lose. Get that nonsense out of your head NOW. We are on a winning roll. May some day be called a dynasty. But, if we do lose, you'll see the same old "fair weather" fans calling for heads to roll. This is a game that I think we will win. We should be able to run on these chumps which will open up the passing game. We also need to spank Mr. V.Young early and often.
Old 10-27-2006   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

if we lose i wont know how to react, its never happened before.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
you'll see the same old "fair weather" fans calling for heads to roll.
Thanks Mike, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Vinny, I'm just talking about the MB, not real world stuff. I'm asking are we going to swing to the other side of the spectrum, and want to cut everyone but Dunta , David & AJ??

I think it's silly, and think the "fans" that do it are silly.
Old 10-27-2006   #7
done88
Veteran

It could happen and if it does we prepare for next week. However I'm hoping we get to celebrate a little.
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2006   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

We are in a tough spot here.

If we lose, everyone will start off on how we should have drafted Vince, and that Mario isnt helping us, because we got beat by a inferior team.

But if we win, its like, well they were supposed to win, so this win doesnt mean much.

So we dont gain anything from winning, but lose alot more if we lose.

*Why did a team that we have to play twice a year have to draft VY?!!*
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Vinny, I'm just talking about the MB, not real world stuff. I'm asking are we going to swing to the other side of the spectrum, and want to cut everyone but Dunta , David & AJ??

Message boards are always knee-jerk to some extent....the complainers in life are always louder than the patient folks...it's no different here....frankly, it's more exaggerated here because you can hide behind your keyboards. A football message board is like a rolling 'letter to the editor'. The negative generally outweighs the positive on a short term basis but long term we have good fans who are smart and grounded for the most part...it shows through long run methink.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #10
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Speaking of "fans" I want Mario to dominate Vince just to see/hear what Mattress Mac has to say. Oh and winning would also be nice too.
TigerV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1 View Post
Speaking of "fans" I want Mario to dominate Vince just to see/hear what Mattress Mac has to say. Oh and winning would also be nice too.
This is exactly what I am talking about. If VY and the Titans win, Mac can go nuts talking about how dumb we are, and how we should have taken VY.

But if we win, he wont say anything about it, and that will be that.

So like I was saying, we stand to lose alot more by losing, than we would gain by winning.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #12
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Losing is a very real possibility. While we feel pretty good about the last few games, I would think the Titans do as well.

Basically its a battle of two moderately bad teams on the rise. If I were betting money, I'd have to go with Tennessee at home.

On the plus side, I'm starting Travis Henry on my FF team, so at least we know he'll have a lousy day.
Old 10-27-2006   #13
Osso
Veteran

I asked my father one day a strange and difficult question....He looked at me and said..." what will you do?, if tomorrow you wake up and there is no sun "...then he walked away.
Osso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Message boards are always knee-jerk to some extent....the complainers in life are always louder than the patient folks...it's no different here....frankly, it's more exaggerated here because you can hide behind your keyboards. A football message board is like a rolling 'letter to the editor'. The negative generally outweighs the positive on a short term basis but long term we have good fans who are smart and grounded for the most part...it shows through long run methink.
Kudos for the optimism, Vinny.

Personally, I think if we lose, it will be because we didn't show up on defense at all. The Titans have shown they can run the ball. We have to stop it. If we can force VY into beating us with his arm, we'll be fine.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to think we pull off a dominating victory this week, but anything can and has happened in games that "we should win" in the past. As far as your comment on how the board has changed in the last week or so, I think many people's reactions are based on the product that they are paying to see being put on the field. Many have said that they expected us to lose a game, but it's the fashion that we lose in that breaks fans down, repeatedly. Blow-outs kill the fan base and team moral. I think that many people were calling for Richard Smith's head at that point because he had the defense playing too cautious, where as now we are more aggressive and that makes a game more exciting to watch. As far as the running back goes, people were fed up with not being able to pick up a single yard consistently throughout a game when it was a must for us to score a TD or pick up a first down. People are happy that we got over 60 yards rushing in a game...not much of a goal, but compared to what we were doing I'm freakin' ecstatic!
Old 10-27-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I would like to think we pull off a dominating victory this week, but anything can and has happened in games that "we should win" in the past.
The Titans are favored in this game.
Old 10-27-2006   #17
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we lose, we'll probably be staring 2-7 right in the face.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #18
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1 View Post
I've been living out of Houston for over a year. MM isn't a fan of MW?. that's funny.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I would like to think we pull off a dominating victory this week, but anything can and has happened in games that "we should win" in the past. As far as your comment on how the board has changed in the last week or so, I think many people's reactions are based on the product that they are paying to see being put on the field. Many have said that they expected us to lose a game, but it's the fashion that we lose in that breaks fans down, repeatedly. Blow-outs kill the fan base and team moral. I think that many people were calling for Richard Smith's head at that point because he had the defense playing too cautious, where as now we are more aggressive and that makes a game more exciting to watch. As far as the running back goes, people were fed up with not being able to pick up a single yard consistently throughout a game when it was a must for us to score a TD or pick up a first down. People are happy that we got over 60 yards rushing in a game...not much of a goal, but compared to what we were doing I'm freakin' ecstatic!
Still, I think they were being unrealistic. had we blitzed Peyton, or mcNabb(which we did, not as much as some would like, but we did) we may very well have given up 50 pts, and 600 yds.

We blitzed StL in the preseason, and gave up 300 yds... they thought their QBs looked so good, they showed us all 4 of them, including Ragone. We won that game, but they proved what they needed to prove.

We stayed home, and gave up less yards to Denver(usually on big plays), coming into the season it made sense to cautiously blitz(like we did in Philly) but after Philly, we definitely needed to work on our coverage, same with INdy. Watch the games, time the QB release. It's not that there wasn't any pressure, but that we couldn't cover for 2 seconds.

I agree we should've rushed Brunnells a lot more, I don't understand the thinking going into that game.

& our running game hasn't gotten any better. We looked the same through the first three Qtrs against a team weaker against the run than the teams we played previously. They even had key injuries to the heart of their run defense, and we still got stuffed. But we break off two big runs, and all of a sudden we have a running game??

Last edited by thunderkyss; 10-27-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2006   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If we lose the Carr haters will all of a sudden come back to life.

I'm looking for a win.

Saying that we will come out and shock the Titans right away will be too much means you don't really know the nature of VY. He does like to come from behind sometimes.

I don't want to think about losing because winning comes from winning attitudes.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read