Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2006   #1
JD187
Rookie

Default Jaguar excuse thread

Jesus, you guys finally get a win against us (Jaguars) and I finally see how I looked last year when the Jaguars beat the Steelers, who didn't have Big Ben, or Hines Ward. I mean there is such thing as an excuse, but that's not what I have for you today. What I have is a reason and I will prove it. Now I'm not to sure I have a reason that you won, but I do have a reason why you scored up 27 points against us. Now I know what you are all thinking, he's gonna blame it on injuries, and you know what? You're damn right. The losses that the Jaguars have sustained are brutal, starting with the D-Line. We have lost our best pass rusher who broke the franchise record in getting to the QB, last year, Reggie Hayward. Marcus Stroud, the man in the middle. Do you really think that Fred Weiry would have even been considered a match for him? On to linebackers, Mike Peterson. In 2005 alone he had 131 tackles, 6 sacks, and 3 interceptions (one for a touchdown). When you lose a playmaker like him it's very bad. So because of the loss to Mike Pete we had to move an outside linebacker into the middle and start a rookie, and someone who was cut from the Gianats last year. On the D-Line we had to move Rob Mier into fill for Stroud who was suppose to be filling in for Hayward. So we had 2 rookies on the D-Line throughout the game. We alos have Matt Jones out for many games. 6'6 reciever...need I say more? So this is what I have come up with. If the Texans had the same exact injuries as the Jacksonville Jaguars, it would look a little something like this...

Starting with your D-Line. Good ol'e Mario Wiliams. He forces offenses to throw him into the equation, double teaming him opening up something for another person. Will be an outstanding football player. Anthony Maddox, he was once a Jaguar was pretty good, he got even better in Texas, he just straight threw around Brad Meester. Now onto Middle Linebacker. Yep you guessed it Demeco Ryans. I don't know if there is enough I can say about this man. I can quote it exactly but I think I read a fan saying he's one of the best? Now onto the offensive side of the ball. Andre Johnson is your Matt Jones. He's big, fast, and he throws around CB's. He didn't actually burn Brian Williams on that cover, but Brian Williams and Donovan Darius looked like high schoolers to them. Do you actually think someone filling in for Andre could have made that same catch?
JD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You finally get a win...

Frankly, I don't even know who all those players are, but I agree with you at least partially. Injuries were bound to be a part of it.

Relax, most people are aware of these things.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jesus, you guys finally get a win against us (Jaguars)
2004: 2-0 vs jags, so you either havent been a jags fan for very long, or your dumb
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #4
gsbtxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD187 View Post
Jesus, you guys finally get a win against us (Jaguars)...
Umm, we're 5-4 against your POS team. What's this "finally" mess you're talking about?
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, it looks to me like somebody went to the Jags board and got him all riled up by being an *** on their boards (I don't have any clue who), so let's not get too upset. By, "....finally got a win...." I think he just means since 2004. It has been a while.

Old 10-24-2006   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally? You're the Jags, not the frick'n Colts.

Troll.
Old 10-24-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA View Post
Finally? You're the Jags, not the frick'n Colts.

Troll.
Ah, crud, I give up.

Go home, troll! LOL

Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2006   #8
amazingandre
All Pro

Default stop with the excuses!!!!!

wtf everyone just settle down on the whole awwwww our team was hurt crap:brickwall u lost football is a game of injuries deal with it already. we will see who the real goats are after we play agan in jacksonville.......
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Default Re: stop with the excuses!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
we will see who the real goats are after we play agan in jacksonville.......
Um, yeah. I'm glad I didn't say that.

Old 10-24-2006   #10
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Re: stop with the excuses!!!!!

ya and why is that
Old 10-24-2006   #11
JD187
Rookie

Let me tell you all something. I don't buy all this pla hard. You guys played us "hard" when we had no team. We had Troy Edwards and Jermaine Lewis or our WR's. Not to mention Fred didn't even play in the game when you beat us in 2004. Not excuses but Byron had no targets to throw to. So don't bring up the past. If that's the case I could compare the Panthers to the Jaguars, because they beat us in our 1st game as a franchise. That was then, this is now. Totally new teams, this whole play hard thing wasn't even in the Jaguars heads, despite what our old ass Senior Editor might say. We have so many players that weren't on the team in 2004. Sure you are 5-4 against us. Congratulations, but I don't buy into that "play hard" one bit. Out with the old in with the new.
JD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #12
amazingandre
All Pro

so lets start new and fresh we got rid of capers and casserly now lets start from here on in we are 1-0 haha we win u lose go home troll......
Old 10-24-2006   #13
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

YOU brought up the past with your cute remark
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #14
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Ah, crud, I give up.

Go home, troll! LOL
Eh, I think we were posting at the same time. Oh well, got it out of my system though.
Old 10-24-2006   #15
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Let me tell you all something. I don't buy all this pla hard. You guys played us "hard" when we had no team. We had Troy Edwards and Jermaine Lewis or our WR's. Not to mention Fred didn't even play in the game when you beat us in 2004. Not excuses but Byron had no targets to throw to. So don't bring up the past. If that's the case I could compare the Panthers to the Jaguars, because they beat us in our 1st game as a franchise. That was then, this is now. Totally new teams, this whole play hard thing wasn't even in the Jaguars heads, despite what our old ass Senior Editor might say. We have so many players that weren't on the team in 2004. Sure you are 5-4 against us. Congratulations, but I don't buy into that "play hard" one bit. Out with the old in with the new.
You get another shot (just like the Texans) on November 12. Get well soon.
Old 10-24-2006   #16
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
2004: 2-0 vs jags, so you either havent been a jags fan for very long, or your dumb
Can't it be both?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #17
NRowl
Rookie

Until Sunday, I have always respected the Jags as a team and how they go about their business. But watching them quit the way they did in the fourth quarter made me sick to my stomach. If Jack Del Rio can't get this team to fight it looks like they'll be going down the path of the Raiders.
NRowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguar excuse thread

Depth is part of football...if you can't win games when your team is hurt then your probably not a playoff caliber team...that is football and that is the NFL. It will happen again and again.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #19
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let me tell you all something. ... So don't bring up the past.. Sure you are 5-4 against us.... Congratulations, .... Out with the old in with the new.
We'll cut you some slack because bitterness and disillusionment is a powerful emotion. But wandering about aimlessly in a disaster area is not good therapy.

If it makes you feel better, type this 100 times for the theraputic effect: "yeah but we have a lot of injuries." On second thought -- scrap that idea. I'm guessing you've already typed that more than 100 times.

Speaking of not bringing up the past, don't you think it's time for you to look ahead to the Eagles ... and to get ready to be 3-4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRowl View Post
If Jack Del Rio can't get this team to fight it looks like they'll be going down the path of the Raiders.
Del Rio is the modern day version of Jerry Glanville.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great av. aj.

Have they decided that it was Leftie's fault yet? Or is it still injuries?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read