Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2006   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default record?

now tht we can move the ball on the ground and ave beaten jags. i think we can go 9-7 just by looking at the schedule possby better. i think we BEAT tenn, and jags again, bills jets raiders, and the browns........we most likely lose to giants pats, colts.....just my thoughts any others?
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #2
real

Default Re: record?

At this point I think it's about execution...

seriously though...i think if we cut down on mental mistakes we can hang with anybody in the leauge...

Im optimistic...Im still hoping for play-offs.....
Old 10-24-2006   #3
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
now tht we can move the ball on the ground and ave beaten jags. i think we can go 9-7 just by looking at the schedule possby better. i think we BEAT tenn, and jags again, bills jets raiders, and the browns........we most likely lose to giants pats, colts.....just my thoughts any others?
I think best case scenario we finish 8-8,more likely it will be 6-10. But I'll take that after a 1-4 start.
Old 10-24-2006   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

7-9.... see my pre-season prediction
Old 10-24-2006   #5
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mine was 10-6, I will stay with that, I think this team gets hot a makes a run, Maybe 9-7.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Mine was 10-6, I will stay with that, I think this team gets hot a makes a run, Maybe 9-7.
I hope you are right.
Old 10-24-2006   #7
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

It comes down to the next three games.

Lose 'em all, and we're looking at draft positioning.
Lose any two and we're fighting for 8-8.
Lose one and we're dark horses.
Win 'em all ... and we're serious wild card contenders.

Game 1 vs. Ten - prove that we're not going to get beaten by a team we should beat

Game 2 vs NYG - if we win this one, people are going to wake up fast

Game 3 vs Jax - realistically, if we want a wild card spot, we can't be 3rd in the division
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2006   #8
canadiantexan
Veteran

At the beging of the year I thought a 4-6 win season was all we were getting however with our win against the Jags and with the players buying into the system I think we can get 6-8 wins here's where.

Titans-Win This one is going out to all the Carr haters...Still want VY
Titans-Win This one is soley for Bud
Bills-Win but only if the defense cotinues to improve
Raiders-Win and with the first pick the Raiders select...........
Browns -Win sweet revenge for that last week debacle 2 years ago
Jags-Win this pick is simply because the Jags are our bicthes

We also have a good shot at beating the Jets but the are playing very good football right now if we win this one we will lose one of the previos maybe the Jags but I doubt it. Pats and Colts I am not so optimistic about but who knows??

we are only one or two good off seasons away from contention.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're a 6-10 team with a few close losses in the second half of the season.

Winning against the Jaguars was nice, and I never want to diminish a winning effort, but Jax played a horrible game against us. You can't plan on our opponent shooting themselves in the foot every week.
Old 10-24-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

We should watch out for the Jets.

They got blown away by the Jags 41-0 but other than that they have played well
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #11
HeartofHouston
Veteran

At the very worst I could see 7-9 at the very best i could see 9-7
Old 10-24-2006   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see us beating the

Bills,
Raiders,
Titans (in Houston), and
Browns (we stomp them this time)

to go 6-10.

It is possible we could sweep the Titans and also beat the jets, making us 8-8 this year, but I really wouldn't count on it. Of course, anything can happen and injuries, both to us and our opponents, will make a difference.

6-10 may not sound real great, but it's a huge improvement over last year.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
It comes down to the next three games.

Lose 'em all, and we're looking at draft positioning.
Lose any two and we're fighting for 8-8.
Lose one and we're dark horses.
Win 'em all ... and we're serious wild card contenders.

Game 1 vs. Ten - prove that we're not going to get beaten by a team we should beat

Game 2 vs NYG - if we win this one, people are going to wake up fast

Game 3 vs Jax - realistically, if we want a wild card spot, we can't be 3rd in the division
I printed a schedule off the website and I am showing we are playing Pittsburgh that week. Is that correct?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have said 6-10 sense pre-season and see no reason to change.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh yeah. Here is my deal on the record.

I think we should stay aware that this is still a young team and inconsistency will play into it. We need to go on a week by week basis. I believe we can win and be 3-4 after 7 weeks.

But since we are doing scenarios I see us beating Tenn, beating a team after that , and then losing to the Jags at home. 4-5 after week 9 is alot better than where I thought we would be.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most probable outcome:
@Titans - W
@Giants - L
@Jags - L
Bills- W
@Jets- L
@Raiders- W
Titans- W
@Patriots- L
Colts- L
Browns- W

This would have us finish at 7-9, but if we take it to the Jets it could be 8-8
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #17
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I printed a schedule off the website and I am showing we are playing Pittsburgh that week. Is that correct?

We don't play Pitt this year. AFC East, NFC East plus last year's 4th place from AFC North (Cleveland) and West (Oakland). Jax drew Pitt by virtue of both teams placing 2nd in the division last year.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I see us beating the

Bills,
Raiders,
Titans (in Houston), and
Browns (we stomp them this time)

to go 6-10.

It is possible we could sweep the Titans and also beat the jets, making us 8-8 this year, but I really wouldn't count on it. Of course, anything can happen and injuries, both to us and our opponents, will make a difference.

6-10 may not sound real great, but it's a huge improvement over last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
I have said 6-10 sense pre-season and see no reason to change.
8-8 was my prediction after the preseason and before the first real game. It could still happen, but I'd be really surprised.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #19
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I think we can pull out 8-8, beating Cleaveland in the last game of the season at home (sound familiar) and continue the path of the first three years (in terms of getting better every year). However, we still have to take this one game at a time, any road game in the NFL is no gimme, especially when you are 0-10 in your last 10 road games...
Old 10-24-2006   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'm still thinking 5 - 6 wins. I hope they don't start looking ahead to the second half of the season, though, and instead concentrate on what will be this year's most important game: the next one.

Currently, the next one is Tennessee. They need a win here to boost themselves mentally. (The Texans lost twice last year to a Titans team that they should have beaten.) Also, the win moves them further away from the basement. In fact, if the Jags lose to Philly (always a chance there), then the Texans are tied with the Jags for second in the AFC South. So Sunday's game is the most important one of the season and to treat it as anything less is not giving it due diligence. The Titans are not going to roll over for the Texans. In their minds, this is one of the only truly "winnable" games they have, and they have beaten the Skins, who throttled Houston.

For Coach K, this is a very important game because he is taking on one of the popular picks "he" passed over. He doesn't just need Mario to have a good day, he needs the Texans defense to keep Vince Young on the floor.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read