Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2006   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default stands

was it me or wasthe stadium pretty empty? on tv it looked so empty....if so r the tickts cheap. i live in wisconsin and i want to see houston play but i cant afford airline and ticket costs.
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: stands

I'd say the stadium was about 50%-60% capacity...give or take several thousand fans. We still made some noise, though!

It blows me away that purchased tickets are just wasted. I'm sure folks could find someone to take them...heck, give them to charity or something.
Old 10-24-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans can go at least 2-1 over the next 3 weeks. That place will be loud as can be when they come back on Nov 19 against Buffalo.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how many of those are tickets that were purchased by ticket brokers and couldn't find any takers? I would be willing to say quite a few. Risky buisiness, that is.
Old 10-24-2006   #5
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

the problem is those people may have given their seats to cowrkers or whoever but those people woke up Sunday and didn't feel like going to the stadium. It takes alot to be a football fan, eating up an entire day of couch veggin.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #6
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a really late arriving crowd. I took some pictures and was looking at them, and in one right after the opening kick-off, it was not even 30% full, but by around the 3rd quarter, it was about 80% full. Not sure wht folks buy tix and don't go or give them away...winning will change all that though for sure!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #7
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

howabout the 10% that left when we are cramming it down the jags throat the last 6 minutes of the game. they are the ones that suck. Our team kicks arse and then while they are still on the field trying to play good football for us y'all leave them their without the roar we could be giving them.

y'all suck.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2006   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If the Texans can go at least 2-1 over the next 3 weeks. That place will be loud as can be when they come back on Nov 19 against Buffalo.
Good thing I already bought my tickets

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read