Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2006   #1
Samkonfan
Rookie

Default Gado should still start!

I know many of you will disagree with this statement but look at what it got us last week. I think Gado is just as much of a quality back as Lundy and Lundy just benefited from timely blocking and good play calling. Let me point out when else in the game did they run the same play that Lundy broke the long run on with Gado. They didn't. It was just a good call at that time and excellent blocking not taking anything away from Lundy by any means. I think confidence wise it just good to have two backs that can produce. If you start Lundy just because of one game and he goes out there and has the game he had at the beginning of the season then everyone says here we go again. Gado is a nice spark at the beginning of the game and then you hit them with Lundy who is a little quicker and shiftier type back. Gado pounds on them but doesn't just fall on the pile like Dayne. I'll go ahead and say what was said on the Packers forum by Jim Nayzium last year. The first time Gado gets in the open field you will see that his speed is legit
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #2
Samkonfan
Rookie

Default Re: Gado should still start!

As another post puts it about Mario. "WE ARE 1-0 when GADO STARTS"
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #3
amazingandre
All Pro

I think that the holes were there and the line did open them from time to time for both backs... not just lundy, the difference is that lundy had the vision to find the holes. i think that lundy has better instincts and vision. i hope to see him start........according to kubiak though..............."I don't get too caught up in the starter thing, but he's definitely going to play (more)," coach Gary Kubiak said. "He stepped up and played well.

thank u chronicle......anyway they will most likely split time. i hope they both do the same and gain yards. then we can open the deep ball once again. and then the brilliant bootleg that coach k likes.
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #4
amazingandre
All Pro

u could also say that we are 1-0 when lundy gans over 90 yards haha
Old 10-24-2006   #5
real

I'd rather have Samkon come off the bench...But honestly it doesn't matter as long as Lundy gets most of the carries...i just don't want any more Dayne
Old 10-24-2006   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Gado softens'em up and Lundy comes in to deliver the knock out blows. That could work...
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #7
amazingandre
All Pro

ya get gado to loosen em up, then throw for a litle bit then send in some quikness to hit the holes and provide big chunks of yards.
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

well both my ff backs are on bye weeks so I have lundy starting for me next week, hopefully he will get the majority of the carries as we establish a truly domminant running game for the first time all season.
Old 10-24-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkonfan View Post
I know many of you will disagree with this statement but look at what it got us last week. I think Gado is just as much of a quality back as Lundy and Lundy just benefited from timely blocking and good play calling. Let me point out when else in the game did they run the same play that Lundy broke the long run on with Gado. They didn't. It was just a good call at that time and excellent blocking not taking anything away from Lundy by any means. I think confidence wise it just good to have two backs that can produce. If you start Lundy just because of one game and he goes out there and has the game he had at the beginning of the season then everyone says here we go again. Gado is a nice spark at the beginning of the game and then you hit them with Lundy who is a little quicker and shiftier type back. Gado pounds on them but doesn't just fall on the pile like Dayne. I'll go ahead and say what was said on the Packers forum by Jim Nayzium last year. The first time Gado gets in the open field you will see that his speed is legit
Okay he his on a team, this is not the Samkon show, I am sure he is a fine back, and we have all seen what he can do we all watched on Monday Night last year or what ever year that was.

This is a team though and Samkon does not look like the kind of guy that cares if he gets the ball on every snap, if he is the man then I am sure Kubes will not keep him off the field.

We Won, thats all that matters and Samkon contributed as much as he could.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy should start!
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #11
MrMeToo
All Pro

Coming from a guy who's username is Samkonfan .
Nah man, Lindy should start.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #12
Dunta_23
All Pro

We are 2-0 when we score a rushing TD
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #13
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Coming from a guy who's username is Samkonfan .
Nah man, Lindy should start.
If Kubiak wants to start Wahli that's fine with me. But I kind of like the idea of Samkon going first and banging on the Titan's D for a little while, THEN bringing Lundy in fresh.........
Old 10-24-2006   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, or version of thunder and lighting. It worked well in the Jags game. Gado came in and roughed up the Jags D by pounding through the middle, then Lundy came in and bursted to the outsides.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #15
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Uhhhh, why? 10 carries for 27 yards really softened them up? Please. When Lundy came in the game our offense had a new spark and really played well.

Lundy should be the featured back with Gado spelling him when necessary. We stick with that and we'll be fine.
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006   #16
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

This is the most preposterous logic and reasoning to date.

To imply or flat out say, that Lundy has better vision and that is why the holes were there, is rediculous.

Owens Daniels has EVERY SINGLE YARD that Lundy had in that game if they swapped places.

I predict that Lundy earned the start this week in practice. Kubiak gave him props today at the media, so I am sure it was practice. Any coach of the game that is as knowledgeable as Kubiak is can see what happened.

I can't believe you people. If Samkon catches that toss sweep and scores...he would have by the way...Then everyone here is bashing Lundy's vision for those first six carries for 5 yards.

The isolation play was even worse...worse in terms of easy for the running back.

I like Lundy. He seems like a good kid. I hope that Kubiak won't just use this fake little decent showing to believe he has found his man though. And even worse...we play the Titans now...so whomever was at running back will look good this week.

Let's see where this kid is in five weeks after 125 carries...

MY PREDICTION: I.R.
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Nayzium View Post
Let's see where this kid is in five weeks after 125 carries...

MY PREDICTION: I.R.
You say you like the kid.....and then predict he will be on I.R.........

Yeah right....

It's obvious that you have a jones for Gado...So just be honest and don't try to hide it....
Old 10-26-2006   #18
kingh99

Gado runs between tackles. Lundy can bounce out. They did a good job last week changing them out halfway through.
Old 10-26-2006   #19
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Lundy should start!
Ask an ye shall receive.

Wali Lundy is the starter against the Tacks per the Chronicle.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006   #20
Jim Nayzium
Rookie

Just because I like Lundy doesn't mean I think he is a better RB...

What I am saying is basically that Lundy got lucky to be in the game during the ONE play that was blocked perfectly...

Had Gado been in the game then, then all the town would be Gado Crazy, and they would be talking about the "total package..." inside power...outside speed...

I do like Lundy. I am happy for him. I just think to declare him "the starter for a long time to come" based on that one half...is looodddaaaacris

And it will make Kubes look stupid in two weeks when Lee Suggs is starting or whomever...

He should have said, like all good politicians..."We think the world of this young kid, and we like Gado and Dayne. I think Wali definitelly earned the right to play more, and might even start...but this is the NFL and they all have a lot of football in their future, so we'll see how it all plays out..."

That way he can do what he pleases with the rotation and not be made the fool....
Jim Nayzium is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read