Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow Current State of our Houston Texans

Our Houston Texans improved their record to 2-4 by defeating the Jacksonville Jaguars yesterday, on a final score of 27-7.

This was a huge win for our Houston Texans, bouncing back from a tough defeat to the hands of the Dallas Cowboys the previous week, and coming back home and battling tooth and nail for a victory against a good Jacksonville team.

This was a pretty big win for our team for several reasons, one it takes our record to 2-4, matching our win total from last year, gives us 2 of 3 wins in the last 3 games, 2 straight home victories for the first time in franchise history, and allows us to stay tight with Jacksonville in the division.

I want to give credit to alot of people. First off, the coaching staff and Gary Kubiak on preparing us for this game, the entire offensive and defensive side off the ball, and my fellow fans on cheering on greatly Sunday at Reliant. That place was on fire, and I feel we can alot more of memories like that this year and in the future.

Several players stepped up against Jacksonville, Antwaan Peek espically, I was really impressed with this kid, he's been battling injury this year, and again, really stepped up Sunday in the 3rd quarter when Jacksonville was in the red zone getting reading to possibly take the lead with another TD, Antwaan stripped Fred Taylor and Mario Willaims recovered. As i said yesterday in my post game, I thought this was the play of the game, it really swung the momentum back to us and we never looked back.

Again, Great game for the entre defense

Offensively, we were pretty solid as well. Great job to the o-line on protecting Carr again, I'm really seeing improvement with the o-line this year, and thats a plus.

David Carr continues his pretty good season. He really stepped up against Jacksonville, tossing 2 TD passes, 1 in the second half. I have always had faith in this kid to one day take us to the promise land, it will just take time, and were watching this young kid mold in front of our eyes. Great job to him.

Andre Johnson had another monster game, he is one of the most reliable recievers this leauge has to offer when we apply him correctly in my mind. He made a very nice TD grab in the first half when David just tossed it up there, he just went up and got it in double coverage. He played a sweet game, congrats AJ!

Finally, the running game. I was so happy to see us get the running game going and use it effictely through the entire game. It was also very encouraging to see us be able to run the football late in the game to kill clock and secure the win. My hat goes off to Wali Lundy and Samkon Gado, our running game should continue to improve it will just take time.

We now have to begin preparing for the Tennessee Titans who are coming off a bye week, but also an impressive victory of Washington two weeks ago in their last game. These boys from Tennessee are young and talented, and it will be a tough game in their house.

I said all along we can have a good amount of success this season with the ballclub and coaches we have with our Houston Texans.

The key for us now is becoming a more consistent team week in and week out, and hopefully we are not to far off from that. We will obviously still go through growing pains with young players and new coaches, and it will still take time. We jsut need to be patient, and our day will not be to far off.

We continue to fight hard each week, continue to practice hard, step up and make plays on Sunday, and believe in ourselves, guys I'm telling you right now, you never know what can happen this year..and I'll leave it with that, take it as you may

Let's continue to fight,
GO TEXANS!

Last edited by TexansAllTheWayBaby; 10-23-2006 at 09:08 PM.
TexansAllTheWayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #2
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default Re: Current State of our Houston Texans

Amen!! :-)
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #3
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I sure am excited by the team's progress. I feel much better after the win over a quality team though. I wish Mathis would not have gotten injured. Can you imagine putting him on the Outside and Moulds in the slot? Sorry I am rambling. Anyway, I am excited by the idea of the Texans possibly being tied with Jax next week. They play at Philly so anything can happen.
Old 10-24-2006   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Love the write up! Good win!

Dont wanna rain on your parade, but his team has some serious concerns, that when we face a tough team might just get us blown of the water.

1) LB, a huge concern. Greenwood particularly. Id love to see Wong in there next week. S.Orr is not playing with enough instict, going through the motions. This is his first time starting and never played 4-3 linebacker before.... he better improve quicky cause he is a huge liability against the pass.

2) Safety is a concern also. CC might not be good in this system..... One huge sophomore slump? I dont see any explosion in his game. He seems to be too far away from the plays.
all we need is a safety and LB in the 2nd and 3rd next year
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Nope I want veterans at safety! I want vets at LB too.
people in hell want ice water..
Old 10-24-2006   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you would rather have C.C. Brown than Landry from LSU?
Old 10-24-2006   #7
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
I think John Lynch is a free agent after this season, I'm not sure how much he still has in the tank but he could be one hell of a leader and a nice example of how to carry yourself as a football player and a person to the young guys on this team. Who knows he might even show our safties how to cover.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan View Post
I think John Lynch is a free agent after this season, I'm not sure how much he still has in the tank but he could be one hell of a leader and a nice example of how to carry yourself as a football player and a person to the young guys on this team. Who knows he might even show our safties how to cover.
good luck with that. Lynch has really lost a step. He cant even cover TE's anymore
Old 10-24-2006   #9
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
good luck with that. Lynch has really lost a step. He cant even cover TE's anymore
Yeah I was wondering about that, his coverage has never really been that great anyway. I hav'nt seen him play in about 3 years but usedto be a fan of the way he layed the wood and always played hard. How old is he now 60-65? lol
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiantexan View Post
Yeah I was wondering about that, his coverage has never really been that great anyway. I hav'nt seen him play in about 3 years but usedto be a fan of the way he layed the wood and always played hard. How old is he now 60-65? lol
lol. He is closing in on 50 years old and still lays the wood for Denver
Old 10-24-2006   #11
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

I personally would love to have Leron Landry. If there's anything the Texans could currently use on defense, it's an athletic safety who can both cover and knock the heck out of you. Landry can do both.
Old 10-24-2006   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantTexan1 View Post
I personally would love to have Leron Landry. If there's anything the Texans could currently use on defense, it's an athletic safety who can both cover and knock the heck out of you. Landry can do both.
touche
Old 10-24-2006   #13
Wordem
Veteran

Go Oilers!
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
people in hell want ice water..
Not anymore. The Texans beat the Jags and have started the season 2-4. People in hell are scrounging around for parkas right now.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read