Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2006   #1
kubs-elway
Rookie

Default Peter King of SI-- Props to Texans

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....barber/3.html
Peter King SI

Offensive Player of the Week

David Carr, QB, Houston. A week after getting embarrassed at Dallas, Carr faced a tough Jacksonville defense, completed 25 of 34 passes for two touchdowns, no picks and 224 yards and led Houston to a surprisingly easy 27-7 win. Watch Carr one of these weeks. The Texans aren't going anywhere this year, but Carr is, and Houston should follow soon

e. Wali Lundy is a keeper. Not just because of his production Sunday (19 carries, 93 yards) but because of the way he runs. He's gritty, and if he has to take a big hit to get the extra foot, he'll do it. We know the upside of Ron Dayne. Gary Kubiak should give Lundy half a season to see if he can be Houston's back of the future.
kubs-elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #2
2ToneBlue
Veteran

Default Re: Peter King of SI-- Props to Texans

Peter King is a hard one to get compliments from good work.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #3
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default Re: Peter King of SI-- Props to Texans Lundy

Yeah Lundy looks like a keeper. I like davis, lundy, gado combo for the future!!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to hear some positive love from the national media after all that garbage they've spewed for so long.
Old 10-23-2006   #5
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Good to hear some positive love from the national media after all that garbage they've spewed for so long.
Except Jaws just said on ESPN that the Jags lost because of injuries
Old 10-23-2006   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63 View Post
Last week, Jaws called the Chargers the best team in the NFL ...
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
Last week, Jaws called the Chargers the best team in the NFL ...
Its easy to be the best when the D is roided up
Old 10-23-2006   #8
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

it's nice to earn that positive attention. theres no reason to compliment a team thats always losing. we'll have to earn every bit of respect we get and jacksonville was the first step. the oilers would be a significant second step leaving us at a respectible 3-4.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...and loaded. In more than one sense of the word.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #10
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats funny because I just heard him say the jags were weak mentally.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
If you're not cheating, you're not trying - Mark Grace
While King is nuzzling up to the Texans QB, he's bashing Cougar legend Andre Ware.

Quote:
10. I think these are my non-football thoughts of the week:
f. You know there's been a shift in the tectonic plates when, while working a bit Saturday night, I chose the fourth quarter of Rutgers-Pitt over the opening of the World Series. I even survived Andre (I Never Met a Cliché I Didn't Like) Ware and made it through the ESPN2 telecast.
Maybe Peter should check himself. From the same King article:

Quote:
Don't quit your day job, Rex Grossman.
Very fresh, Petey.
Old 10-23-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've lost respect for Jaws because of his blind homer-loyalty with the Eagles. I understand rooting for a team you played on, but he goes beyond objective analysis (which is his job...allegedly) and starts spouting nonsense. I'm not even a Cowboys fan, but he starts badmouthing them because of his allegiance and he loses credibility (Michael Irvin is doing the same thing, and they are both goons, IMO.)

No, Jaws, the Jags lost because the Texans scored more points. Freakin' doofus.
Old 10-23-2006   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've lost respect for Jaws because of his blind homer-loyalty with the Eagles. I understand rooting for a team you played on, but he goes beyond objective analysis (which is his job...allegedly) and starts spouting nonsense. I'm not even a Cowboys fan, but he starts badmouthing them because of his allegiance and he loses credibility (Michael Irvin is doing the same thing, and they are both goons, IMO.)

Nice Post! I agree, the last statement could be a signature
Old 10-23-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I used to like Ron Jaworksi over any of the other guys, but he seems to have lost it. I don't know if any of the NFL guys on ESPN are credible. I mean, anyone that hires Michael Irvin, then doesn't do anything when he gets caught with drugs or a joint or whatever it was in his car last year (remember, he said it was for a friend) just seems really dumb.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read