Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-23-2006   #1
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pat White

I heard a rumor that White from West Virginia wants to go pro after this season (he is a redshirt sophmore so he is eligible).

Does anybody else think he is crazy? He is not a good enough passer yet to even consider this. He is an awesome runner but he also has an awesome running back in the backfield to take pressure off of him.

If he entered the draft this year I dont think he would even get drafted as a QB, prob a WR or RB like Robinson from Penn St & Smith from Mizz
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pat White

wouldn't be very smart. he has to stay till he's a senior. because they're not going to open the passing game until slaton is gone after next season, and until then, he'll just be looked at as an option QB who rarely throws the ball.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #3
real

I think he should go for it....IMO whether he waits or not they are going to try and convert him in the NFL.....

If I were him I'd leave...his team is ranked high....he is playing well(FWIW)...He wouldn't go past the second round...he might as well come out now because I don't think his stock can get any higher....

come out and get your money...
Old 10-23-2006   #4
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be possible play RB in the pro's?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

He should leave once Slaton leaves. With Slaton gone, they will have to pass more, and he is not an overly great passer. Adequate(sp?), but not great.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

if he leaves before slaton leaves, no way will he be a quarterback in the NFL. so, if he WANTS to be a QB, he better stay as long as possible.

and he's too long and slender to be a RB.
Old 10-23-2006   #7
Glacier
Veteran

If he wants to play a role similar to Reggie Bush, then sure. If he thinks he is a legit QB, then no - he is delusional.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2006   #8
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

He's Mike Vick, but a much worse passer. Liek Kast said, he's too small to be a RB at around only 190 lbs. His best shot is at WR and I dont think he would go 1st round til his senior year because of the talent at WR this year and potentially next depending on who goes and stays. He's got the speed, just needs time to prove himself at the college level.
Old 10-23-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

He would probably play wide receiver and do something like what Hines Ward does. He is 6-2 only 185, but he could work on that. Third round I think would be his round, or the fourth.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
He's Mike Vick, but a much worse passer. Liek Kast said, he's too small to be a RB at around only 190 lbs. His best shot is at WR and I dont think he would go 1st round til his senior year because of the talent at WR this year and potentially next depending on who goes and stays. He's got the speed, just needs time to prove himself at the college level.
at this point he is not even Marcus Vick as a passer
Old 10-24-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

marcus vick is a better passer than his brother.
Old 10-24-2006   #12
tburdette
Rookie

I watch White play every weekend and you guys are right. He would be stupid to leave now. He cannot pass and has only been playing QB for us for a year and a half. Usually players don't leave our program ealry unless you are a troubled player i.e Chris Henry and Pacman Jones. If Pat leaves early though thats ok we have another great PASSING QB waiting in the wings.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006   #13
real

Im of the opinion that he should leave now...I don't see his stock getting much higher...
Old 10-24-2006   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Im of the opinion that he should leave now...I don't see his stock getting much higher...
his stock as a college player is sky high. But he is not ready for the NFL unless he wants to return kicks and catch passes
Old 10-24-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
his stock as a college player is sky high. But he is not ready for the NFL unless he wants to return kicks and catch passes
Thats what i'm sayin....

I think he is going to do that regardless...I don't see him getting much better as a passer...
Old 10-24-2006   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

thats what peole said about Vince Young too and he got wayyy better as a passer between soph and jr year. With game experience he will get better but he needs to make a decision. If he wants to be a QB in the NFL there is no way he can leave until he graduates. If he wants to be a WR then you are right
Old 10-24-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
thats what peole said about Vince Young too and he got wayyy better as a passer between soph and jr year. With game experience he will get better but he needs to make a decision. If he wants to be a QB in the NFL there is no way he can leave until he graduates. If he wants to be a WR then you are right
I knew you were going to use VY as an example....But some would argue that he can't pass either...

And thats cool...Maybe you think he can develop into a good passer....

I don't...

I don't think VY is the best passer, but I think that it is good enough+ all the other things he brings to the table for him to be successful as a QB...

When I see Pat White I see Reggie Mcneal...and I don't even think he is as good a passer as him....
Old 10-24-2006   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I knew you were going to use VY as an example....But some would argue that he can't pass either...

And thats cool...Maybe you think he can develop into a good passer....

I don't...

I don't think VY is the best passer, but I think that it is good enough+ all the other things he brings to the table for him to be successful as a QB...

When I see Pat White I see Reggie Mcneal...and I don't even think he is as good a passer as him....
I agree with you about VY. While he doesnt get the credit he deserves from the media about his passing ability, he is by no means a great passing QB.

I only used him as an example because everybody in Texas saw how much he grew as a passer & I knew you could relate to what I was trying to say.
Old 10-25-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

as i said earlier, white is a sophomore QB with a all-american RB and they're running a zone-read offense. as soon as slaton is gone, he'll get the offense all to himself, much like vince young after cedric benson left. we'll talk about his QB potential then.

unless he does the stupid move and declare for the draft before then.
Old 10-27-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a young guy recieving bad advise from a dubious source. I can see VY leaving after the great come back against USC. I have no probelms with a guy cashing in the brass ring. I doubt this guy has a chance to get vested. Clint Storner is still waitning for his next shot so he can get his monthly check.
Eric Heitman on the other hand is going to make it this season. Good Job Eric. Nice eight hundred dollar monthly check will take the sting out of the bumps and bruises.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read