Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default With :35 left in 3rd Quarter...

... and the Jaguars driving for at least a tie, and probably the lead, Antwaan Peek changed the direction of this season and possibly the entire franchise. If that fumble does not happen everything snowballs like we have seen so many times with this team. I can see that one play being the turning point for this organization and look forward to talking about playoff expectations in 2007.

The only negative that I can take out of the game is the play of Lewis Sanders. The guy has given up so many big plays this year and the coaches continue to put him on the field. I expect to see Dayne let go this week and am really hoping that Sanders goes with him.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Re: With :35 left in 3rd Quarter...

I said the same thing to the gf at Wing House when the Texans scored after that turnover.
Old 10-23-2006   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I was really worrying about our team yesterday until we got that break. Once it happened it was like a light went on those guy's heads and they knew they could compete with good teams and win. It reminded me so much of that Coleman touchdown a couple of seasons ago against the Cheifs. IIRC it was Coleman who intercepted the ball in the Cheif's inzone and ran it back. That was a tide turner for our season then and hopefully it will be one now.
Old 10-23-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

That Peek fumble was huge. I - along with a lot of fans - had visions of the Jaguars at least tying the game and our team deflating itself. That fumble, along with scoring from it, was a big step for this team. It's nice to finally see our defense step up and make some plays.
Old 10-23-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Dunta before this game has been used.... abused and more.
Seems like the Jags were scared of ol' D.Rob...
Old 10-23-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
... and the Jaguars driving for at least a tie, and probably the lead, Antwaan Peek changed the direction of this season and possibly the entire franchise. If that fumble does not happen everything snowballs like we have seen so many times with this team. I can see that one play being the turning point for this organization and look forward to talking about playoff expectations in 2007.

The only negative that I can take out of the game is the play of Lewis Sanders. The guy has given up so many big plays this year and the coaches continue to put him on the field. I expect to see Dayne let go this week and am really hoping that Sanders goes with him.
Peek made a great play, but let's not forget that there is the other half, the recovery. Thankfully Mario, the workout warrior, was able to recover the fumble in between his vertical jump, bench pressing and 40 yard sprint exercises.
Old 10-23-2006   #7
SESupergenius

I agree with that, that fumble lit a spark for the team. I wish more people would realize that having a great defense makes the offense look so much better. Where would the Steelers be last year if it were not for a great defense? Where would the Patriots be? How did the Ravens win the Super Bowl without a great offense? It all starts there. Carr is not playing any different, his teammates are, and the defense today played pretty good. Although I can hand some of the win on the Jags not being able to catch the ball and starting Leftwitch instead of the better #2 QB.
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2006   #8
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
I said before this game. D-Rob has a good game and made plays. Great tackling display. I am not taking anything away from dunta, but he has been HORRIBLE the last 5 games before the Jags, even in the win against Miami.
I wasn't disagreeing with you....I think D.Rob leaves a lot to be desired with his pass coverage too....
Old 10-23-2006   #9
rafterticket
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Peek made a great play, but let's not forget that there is the other half, the recovery. Thankfully Mario, the workout warrior, was able to recover the fumble in between his vertical jump, bench pressing and 40 yard sprint exercises.
There are way too many people to give credit yesterday. When is the last time we could sit back in our chairs and relax for so much of the fourth quarter knowing our guys REALLY had it in control?

We may still lose some games this year that we don't think we should, but it is sure nice to see some good ball. I hope they start to believe in themselves more - at least now they know how it feels to win convincingly.
Old 10-23-2006   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

What I want to see from this team is a consistent ability to beat teams that are inferior to us. In the past, we have played up and down to our competition. We need to beat Tennessee (X2), Cleveland, and Oakland, and do so convincingly.
Old 10-23-2006   #11
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
agreed

Quote:
I expect to see Dayne let go this week
I have my fingers crossed

Quote:
and am really hoping that Sanders goes with him.
nah, we're wayyyy tooo thin at DB
Old 10-23-2006   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
..The only negative that I can take out of the game is the play of Lewis Sanders. The guy has given up so many big plays this year and the coaches continue to put him on the field. I expect to see Dayne let go this week and am really hoping that Sanders goes with him.

You know that box of Band-Aids they sell that comes with three or four different sized bandages? You know how after a while all you end up with are those little tiny 1" long bandages that couldn't cover anything?

Lewis Sanders is like one of those tiny little Band-Aids and you (Toro) just accidentally cut open an artery while shaving. Thankfully Faggins is coming back because Sanders belongs in a secondary with Matt Stevens and Phillip Buchanon. They'd all go together perfectly.
Old 10-30-2006   #13
skycosmo
noob

You guys are so clueless. You only see the obvious and not the many times Sander's coverage prevented passes to his side of the field, shutting it down.
skycosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #14
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycosmo View Post
You guys are so clueless. You only see the obvious and not the many times Sander's coverage prevented passes to his side of the field, shutting it down.
So, in what capacity are you related to Lewis?
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEROtheZERO View Post
So, in what capacity are you related to Lewis?
It is Lewis!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read