Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2006   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Wali

This morning as i flipped through the NFL section of the chron, I noticed a great picture of wali lundy reaching across the goal line for the score.

There was something goofy about that photo that i couldn't put my finger on. thats when i spotted it:

the look on his face. it looks like he's attained complete consciousness. he's wearing a face of pure, unadulterated bliss. I lol'd.

yeah. that's all.
Old 10-23-2006   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wali

these dudes make funny faces all the time, you notice it more in pictures. you're bound to after exerting physical strain on yourself for 60 minutes.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

he's holding the ball with so much love.
Old 10-23-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, it was his first time....to score an NFL touchdown.

He had a great game. Hope it's a sign of things to come.
Old 10-23-2006   #5
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Gado and Wali seems to be a good combo. Gado showed me somethig last game. I love theway he sliced through some holes. Wali is more shifty. He gets a hole ans he is gone.
Gado had a good game??? If we could trust Lundy to perform like that every week I think Gado would be inactive....I would like to see what Taylor can do....Gado isn't very good IMO....
Old 10-23-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
I think Gado has a good game. Not much, but he showed more smash mouth than any Texans RB I've seen so far. Even Wali. Against good teams we will need the smash mouth attack.
Smash mouth football only works when you are actually smashing someone....running into the pile "real hard" and getting dropped in your tracks doesn't count....He may be the "most" smash mouth type player we have but who says you need a smash mouth RB??? And saying that he's the most physical runner we have doesn't impress me...

look to your left and your right and gauge your competition.....
Old 10-23-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Hey, it was his first time....to score an NFL touchdown.
Yeah man, i thought it was awesome that you could see it in his face.
Old 10-23-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know but when Wali came into the game it seemed our running game did a complete 180 compared to what we have seen from our other backs. I still think the problem is Gado and Dayne and not the O line.
Old 10-23-2006   #9
ansuz118
Rookie

they should of put lundy in at dallas with a running game we would of won i was there it would of been bliss to watch the dallas fans cry hopefully we will contiue to kick ass like yesterday
ansuz118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279 View Post
I don't know but when Wali came into the game it seemed our running game did a complete 180 compared to what we have seen from our other backs. I still think the problem is Gado and Dayne and not the O line.
I agree with you. To me it looked like he was much faster hitting the hole and making his cuts. Gado appeared better than past games but still seemed to run into the pile too often. As far as the oline goes, you're correct in saying that Dayne was a majority of the problem but we're still going to need some help along the line.
Old 10-23-2006   #11
Scottyboy
Veteran

If only they applied this to the Dallas game last week,

Matress Mac wouyld owe me 5K. now im paying it off :brickwall

I got owned by Matress mac
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #12
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

It's Wali's World! He should be the undisputed starter now with Gado spelling him when needed!
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #13
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
....He may be the "most" smash mouth type player we have but who says you need a smash mouth RB??? .....
You need that so the other team has to prepare for two completely different styles. It's even better if you can make them prepare for three, so I was really glad to see some successful pitches in the Jags game.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
You need that so the other team has to prepare for two completely different styles.
signed,
Jerome Bettis

Tell that To Tatum and Mike

or

L.T and Michael
Old 10-23-2006   #15
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Dayne is a smash mouth runner. I see him smashing into the backs of our OL all the time without worry or hesitation.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #16
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
This morning as i flipped through the NFL section of the chron, I noticed a great picture of wali lundy reaching across the goal line for the score.

There was something goofy about that photo that i couldn't put my finger on. thats when i spotted it:

the look on his face. it looks like he's attained complete consciousness. he's wearing a face of pure, unadulterated bliss. I lol'd.

yeah. that's all.
awsome picture!!!
thanks, now i have a new avatar
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #17
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
Dayne is a smash mouth runner. I see him smashing into the backs of our OL all the time without worry or hesitation.
Yeah, He smashed a leg-or-two this year too.

I hope Wali's success will elevate Dayne and Gato's level of play......we need that to happen. There needs to be a good running game "knock out punch" to go along with the air show Carr is putting out there. Wali looked good, but with another solid running back the Texans are gonna look better.
Old 10-23-2006   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr View Post
It's Wali's World! He should be the undisputed starter now with Gado spelling him when needed!
This is how I see it. Lundy is much more explosive and should be the starter IMO, but Gado didn't look bad at all, he's pretty fast and got some good yards. He is certainly a serviceable back up. Now Dayne on the other hand is slower than molasses.

One thing to remember the O-Line performed a lot better also, I saw a lot more holes for the RB's.

To make it even sweeter, I picked up Lundy on my fantasy team on Saturday as I was looking for another RB. I think he earned the starting spot this past weekend.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read