Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2006   #1
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans/titans

This game is perhaps even bigger than the Dallas game.

The match up. To this point in the brief existence of our franchise the Texan/Titan games have not exactly stirred the emotions or rivalry the league was hoping to when putting Houston's old team in the same division as Houston's newest team. Primarily due to the fact that in four years of play the Texans are 2-6 against there old squad. Its hard as a Texan fan and even harder as an old, die hard Oiler fateful, to get up for a game or even admit to some how much this game really means to them. Leaving your heart on a plater and letting it be exposed for easy extraction is what some would describe as "Less than Ideal."

This year this game means so much more. Never mind the fact that Bud Adams not only still lives in River Oaks but gets all his hair pieces imported from Possum Holler off the backs of local road kill. Never mind the love many of us had for Columbia Blue, and the heart break suffered when the team announced it was heading toward the land where everyones family tree is a straight line. Never mind the fact that someone forgot to tell our front office that if you are going to win only two games a year, than you should really do it against the flaming retards. This game is a three way match up involving Carr/Williams/Young. This game, as extreme as it may sound, could make or break our Houston fan base.

There are three things Carr has to do this weekend. Carr has to win this game. Carr has to have a better performance than Young. Carr has to throw more TD's than Young. If he doesn't, if he misses any of those categories, not only do the Carr haters/Vince man lovers continue to relentlessly pound him into the ground until he leaves Houston, but also loses the fans who are teetering on the edge. The undecided vote if you will. If Carr comes out flat and we still win, forgetaboutit. Carr's life in Houston will become even more miserable than before. Not to mention those of us on this board who have fatefully defended Carr will lose any leg to stand on and the Vince Young loyalists will start to wag there finger at us and start to spout a "See I told you so." One such board member that pops into mind is Vinny. God help us if he gets a voice with something to back it up. I might have to change my name and start all over.

There are three things Mario has to do this weekend. Number one, sack Vince. He has to, there is no other way around it. Two, he has to contain Vince in the pocket and not let him make any plays with his feet. Three, Mario is going to have to dominate this game. This needs to be the Mario Williams coming out party. If he doesn't I feel that no matter what he does for the rest of his career he will get the bust label and his life will become very difficult here in Houston. The overall number one draft pick needs to beat the snot out of Young and prove to the fans that he was worth the number one pick.

Vince Young has to have a terrible day. All rights he should. No receivers and a sub par offensive line, the only thing he has to ride on is Travis Henry. Thats why this game is more on Mario than on Carr. If Mario takes away there run by stuffing the running lanes, if Mario collapses the pocket to create pressure and sacks, then Davids job of out performing his sub par counter part is much easier.

Maybe we will even win some fans back.

Old Houston team -vs- New Houston team with Carr/Williams/Young. Drama.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #2
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Texans/titans

Even though they are 2-6 against the Titans they always come to play. Turnovers has been the problem with the Titans games. I think if we target Pac-Man with Andre than it's over before it even started, period.
Old 10-23-2006   #3
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

The match up. To this point in the brief existence of our franchise the Texan/Titan games have not exactly stirred the emotions or rivalry the league was hoping to when putting Houston's old team in the same division as Houston's newest team. Primarily due to the fact that in four years of play the Texans are 2-6 against there old squad. Its hard as a Texan fan and even harder as an old, die hard Oiler fateful, to get up for a game or even admit to some how much this game really means to them. Leaving your heart on a plater and letting it be exposed for easy extraction is what some would describe as "Less than Ideal."

This year this game means so much more. Never mind the fact that Bud Adams not only still lives in River Oaks but gets all his hair pieces imported from Possum Holler off the backs of local road kill. Never mind the love many of us had for Columbia Blue, and the heart break suffered when the team announced it was heading toward the land where everyones family tree is a straight line. Never mind the fact that someone forgot to tell our front office that if you are going to win only two games a year, than you should really do it against the flaming retards. This game is a three way match up involving Carr/Williams/Young. This game, as extreme as it may sound, could make or break our Houston fan base.

There are three things Carr has to do this weekend. Carr has to win this game. Carr has to have a better performance than Young. Carr has to throw more TD's than Young. If he doesn't, if he misses any of those categories, not only do the Carr haters/Vince man lovers continue to relentlessly pound him into the ground until he leaves Houston, but also loses the fans who are teetering on the edge. The undecided vote if you will. If Carr comes out flat and we still win, forgetaboutit. Carr's life in Houston will become even more miserable than before. Not to mention those of us on this board who have fatefully defended Carr will lose any leg to stand on and the Vince Young loyalists will start to wag there finger at us and start to spout a "See I told you so." One such board member that pops into mind is Vinny. God help us if he gets a voice with something to back it up. I might have to change my name and start all over.

There are three things Mario has to do this weekend. Number one, sack Vince. He has to, there is no other way around it. Two, he has to contain Vince in the pocket and not let him make any plays with his feet. Three, Mario is going to have to dominate this game. This needs to be the Mario Williams coming out party. If he doesn't I feel that no matter what he does for the rest of his career he will get the bust label and his life will become very difficult here in Houston. The overall number one draft pick needs to beat the snot out of Young and prove to the fans that he was worth the number one pick.

Vince Young has to have a terrible day. All rights he should. No receivers and a sub par offensive line, the only thing he has to ride on is Travis Henry. Thats why this game is more on Mario than on Carr. If Mario takes away there run by stuffing the running lanes, if Mario collapses the pocket to create pressure and sacks, then Davids job of out performing his sub par counter part is much easier.

Old Houston team -vs- New Houston team with Carr/Williams/Young. Drama.
sorry I feel the only drama here is the one of your own making, you are TRYING to foment this drama, for some unseen reason. sorry I'll take no part in it personally. the media will do as the media does, but any extra drama will only come from those who crave it, are you that guy? I'm not.
Old 10-23-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

All 53 players needs to show up as they did yesterday. I am looking forward to our team maturing and putting together the first two game winning streak in the Kubiak era. Could really care less about the Oilers, Bud Adams, VY thing. Does not effect me one bit.
Old 10-23-2006   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
sorry I feel the only drama here is the one of your own making, you are TRYING to foment this drama, for some unseen reason. sorry I'll take no part in it personally. the media will do as the media does, but any extra drama will only come from those who crave it, are you that guy? I'm not.
If you can't see the old Houston Team -vs- the new Houston Team match up featuring your home town hero who got passed up in the draft. Then I would suggest to check your pulse.

Bud Adams, Stump Jumpers, David Carr, Vince Young, Mario Williams. If you can't get excited about that then your probably the guy who sat in front of me all last game and didn't make a single noise. Or your down playing the importance of the game cus your secretly rooting for the Titans and Young and don't want to put yourself out there.

Either way, for a lot of us its a pretty big game.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #6
Rightnow
Veteran

VY isn't having a breakout season, he isn't even having a good season. He's a rookie that came out a year early, with a mediocre team, and it is showing. He might be really good in the future, but right now he isn't.

For the Texans to win the offense needs to put up some points early and then the defense needs to pin their ears back. If we go up 10-0 like we did with the Jags we can win the game because it will force the Titans to pass. We don't want the Titans running because they can do it very well and our run defense is still weak.

Everyone is a bit nervous about this Sunday, but honestly I give us a very good shot at winning. The Titans won their last game, but they just aren't very good this year.
Old 10-23-2006   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

There is no reason why the Texans shouldn't beat the Titans. The Texans are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, and I agree with KT - it isn't just Carr and Williams. It is Peek, Orr, Pitts, Faggins, Lundy, Weaver, Weigert, McKinney, Daniels, and as last season showed, by God it's Kris Brown. The Texans need everybody giving a hundred percent. There is no reason they should not beat the Titans. I'm not being cocky. There are no more excuses. The Texans have everything they need to win.
Old 10-23-2006   #8
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow View Post
The Titans won their last game, but they just aren't very good this year.

Didn't the Titans upset the 'Skins?
Old 10-23-2006   #9
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
If you can't see the old Houston Team -vs- the new Houston Team match up featuring your home town hero who got passed up in the draft. Then I would suggest to check your pulse.

Bud Adams, Stump Jumpers, David Carr, Vince Young, Mario Williams. If you can't get excited about that then your probably the guy who sat in front of me all last game and didn't make a single noise. Or your down playing the importance of the game cus your secretly rooting for the Titans and Young and don't want to put yourself out there.

yeah cuz alot of people constantly doubt their self and their team and they look for reassurance and closure that to them will only come if mario is great and young and bush are busts. sorry I dont need that kind of reassurance. I think Mario Williams was the best choice for the Texans and allways will. I cant control who becomes a pro-bowler or a bust, or who moves their team to Tennessee, so I'll just cheer on my Texans and wish them the best.
Old 10-23-2006   #10
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 21276 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think from a player stand point the Jags are more of a rival. They always play each other tough, the Texans kept them out of the play-offs, always seems to be some shady hits in their games. The Titans match-up is more of a rivalry from a fan stand point and just like Dallas it might be a bit of a one way thing.

I hate the Titans and want to win everytime we play them but I like the Jags games and look forward to them more. I don't even know why but to me they remind me of the old Steelers/Oilers rivalies and I think that this is the one that will build with time.
Old 10-23-2006   #11
TransplantTexan1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
And looking at the Skins of the last few weeks, maybe that's not really an upset.
Old 10-23-2006   #12
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9597 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I would change the word "Drama" to story line or background. Grown men dont like to think of thier sport as a drama. Its reminds them of junior high girls gossiping.

I would like to see a real rivalry begin. Not because of the tennessee tampons(houston oilers) v. houston texans, or because its division, but because two players get to go at each other that were competing for a job in Houston. And each time one steps on the field, the other one is on the other side. Mario wanting to drive VY into the ground, and VY trying to make Houston regret their pick. Thats a competition. Thats a rivalry that can be watched.

Its better than the usual "Well RB made a touchdown. Mario got a tackle or a sack." That is ESPN manufactured BS.

I want them both to be probowlers. I dont want any busts cause then you dont have that competition. I want them both to be great. Hall of Famers.

Two times a year two players gunning for each other on opposite sides of the ball. Put a stamp on it and send it to me I want some of that.

And then Carr has to have a good game. VY was his alternative. And he has to show us that the company didnt make anoather draft day blunder.

Yea, Cowboys v. Texans is good because of why? We dont like them? The owner? The city? Those arent real reasons for a rivalry.

The Jags are a division rival that would should play hard always.

The Colts, well, let me know when we come up with a plan to beat them.

The Titans, now there are multiple reasons there.

I am excited. I just wish I could be that annoying fan infront of you that doesnt sit down and just shut up for one second. If you have extra tickets let me know when they come to town.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #13
Glacier
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
nearly took out Indy @ Indy too...

This is going to be a very interesting game for all the obvious reasons.

The Titans aren't quite at talented as a team just yet. Houston actually does have talent on both sides of the ball, where as, The Titans, are obviously rebuilding.

The one thing that the Titans have going for them is, they can run the ball.

The "Vince Young Factor" is starting to show up a little bit over there in Tennessee.

This game has all the makings of perhaps, a very legit and true, rivalry for the Texans....

I hope it is a very physical, hard fought, close game. I know I'll be watching this one with great interest.
Glacier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Primarily due to the fact that in four years of play the Texans are 2-6 against there old squad.
hadn't really thought about us being 2-6 against the Tacks.....
Quote:
This game is a three way match up involving Carr/Williams/Young. This game, as extreme as it may sound, could make or break our Houston fan base.
While I think this game is important(division) I don't think we need to get carried away. I'll be here win our lose, & I'll spin the reasons we'll beat them come Dec10th....... win or lose.
Quote:
There are three things Carr has to do this weekend. Carr has to win this game.
All he has to do is not make the mistakes he's made so far.... fumbling the snap(I don't care if the Center snapped early, if the ball hits your hand, grab it), fumbling in general..... anything less than a strip as he is trying to throw it is unacceptable, and INTs...... while not looking off the coverage. He can dink and dunk all day long for all I care, as long as he doesn't look incompetent like he did against Indy & Washington....I'm talking about the fumbles, and the INTs against Dallas.
Quote:
There are three things Mario has to do this weekend. Number one, sack Vince.
I'd so much rather he play a big part in shutting down their run game. If the Titans are going to beat us, that's how they are going to do it. Sack Vince, that'd be cool, but Mario needs to be an impact shutting down their run. Vince isn't throwing 50%(is he?? why do you need to pressure him??)
Quote:
Vince Young has to have a terrible day.
Nobody wanted to draft Vince Young for what he might do on Oct 29..... it's about what he'll do next year, and the year after that.
Quote:

Some fans....... we're better off without.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This game is big for a lot of reasons, first being we have not won a road game since December 2004.

Of course, against a division rival - and that rival in particular - along with the VY media circus of the past year, only ups the ante.

Hopefully our team can bring it for four quarters like they did yesterday. It was nice to see an NFL team play a game in Houston for a change. I think we can compete with anyone (didn't say beat) if they can focus like that for an entire game.
Old 10-23-2006   #16
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

Texans 24 **** 16
The rookie qb will be forced into mistakes.
Old 10-23-2006   #17
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Every player on this team just needs to focus on doing his job to the best of his ability. All the other "stuff" will take care of itself.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #18
TexanBearkat
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to TexanBearkat

This is a huge game to me because first of all it is a divisional game and second because it is against the former Houston team with that jerk of an owner.

I think Vince Young will be a good QB but I am sick of this Vince Young hometown hero crap. How does winning a national championship with the Longhorns make him a hometown hero here in Houston. Don't misunderstand me I was rooting for UT to win and yes I realize he went to school at Madison, just don't believe winning a football game makes one a hometown hero. If he is using some of his money to set up foundations or the such in Houston then I certainly commend him for that.
Old 10-23-2006   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vizzl View Post
Even though they are 2-6 against the Titans they always come to play. Turnovers has been the problem with the Titans games. I think if we target Pac-Man with Andre than it's over before it even started, period.
Fisher is cleverer than that.
Old 10-23-2006   #20
2ToneBlue
Veteran

I anticipate this game as a good one. Division game and two teams trying to pull out a desperately needed win.

I saw a post about picking on Pac-Man and please someone tell Carr to do that. No one this season has picked on Pac, because Hill has played so poorly. This might give him an opportunity to get his much needed INT. Pac's shut down some of the better receivers in the game and now faces another. Johnson is a beast that can make some great catches (Jag's game was a good example). Pac needs to be challenged more. I think the game will come down to, who can run better and control the clock.

Good luck and hope for a good game.
2ToneBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read