Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2006   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peek's a playmaker

I have always been a Peek fan and today he showed why he is valuable. This guy always seems to make plays and the fumble he forced was huge today. My game ball goes to him. Peek is a far more disruptive force and much more of a playmaker than Mario is and has been since he was a rookie. Props to Peek. Today's game reminded me again that football can be fun again.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peek's a playmaker

yeah, dunta looked like he was havin alot of fun out there, i dont know about the other guys, but today was fun,
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anybody's doubted Peek's value ... what they've doubted was his ability to stay on the field .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said it before, imagine Mario's physical tools combined with Peek's motor/attitude. Can you say DE from *****?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope he gets out there more and starts gettin some sacks and makin more plays

after preseason i thought peek was goin to the probowl.

but i think i will be wrong about that
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

there's nothing wrong with being a role player as long as he helps the team, obvioulsy he did that today, good to have him back.
Old 10-23-2006   #7
phan1
All Pro

He's a great asset and I really hope he stays in Houston for a long time, even if he's not a starter. He's a great contributor on special teams too. Does Babin even play special teams?
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2006   #8
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek brings to the defense a 'go get after it' mentallity. He is a guy who the others can feed off of. Great job yesterday DEFENSE!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I was never really big on Peek. I'm glad to see he's proving me wrong, and I want him to continue doing that. He had a great game yesterday.
Old 10-23-2006   #10
SESupergenius

Peek had a very good play, but I wouldn't call him the best thing since sliced bread. Call me when he strings a couple of games like this together and I'll give him all the props in the world.
Old 10-23-2006   #11
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea I like peek too but then again comparing him to mario? Thats just stupid..Mario is a rookie when will people realize this?
Old 10-23-2006   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1 View Post
He's a great asset and I really hope he stays in Houston for a long time, even if he's not a starter. He's a great contributor on special teams too. Does Babin even play special teams?
Babin has played ST this year and has made a few really nice plays on ST. Prior to this year, I don't think he did.
eriadoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #13
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

I thought Peek and Faggins brought alot of energy to the defense
Old 10-23-2006   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 140741 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Diddy View Post
I thought Peek and Faggins brought alot of energy to the defense
something that's been lacking previously. i dont trust peek as an every down DE, but as a rest for babin & on passing downs, i love the energy and amount of disruption he brings. that energy really rubs off on the guys around him. that spark is why were able to survive that "oh no, not again ..." that was starting to happen in the 3rd quarter. not only did we survive it, but because of peek's forced fumble, we were able to turn the game into a blowout.

i for one am extremely glad to have him back.
Old 10-23-2006   #15
Cheroqui
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I have always been a Peek fan and today he showed why he is valuable. This guy always seems to make plays and the fumble he forced was huge today. My game ball goes to him. Peek is a far more disruptive force and much more of a playmaker than Mario is and has been since he was a rookie. Props to Peek. Today's game reminded me again that football can be fun again.
Yeah I like him too. I posted about him a few times. After seeing Peek and Orr making plays last year I asked the question of what people thought they would want to see. Peek and Mario opposite each other or Peek standing up back at OLB with Orr?
Old 10-23-2006   #16
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheroqui View Post
Yeah I like him too. I posted about him a few times. After seeing Peek and Orr making plays last year I asked the question of what people thought they would want to see. Peek and Mario opposite each other or Peek standing up back at OLB with Orr?
I like Antwan. He "gets after it" when he is in the game....some times a little too wreckless, but I think he has heart. I think he is playing where he needs to be playing, on the end, rushing the passer. I am looking forward to him and Vince meeting next week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read