Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2006   #1
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2 Games, 1 Sack

Wow, could you ever have imagined it?? No sacks last week and only 1 today against the Jags. Today's was on Carr, he held it forever. (But, let's not get into all that.) Dallas and J-Ville are 2 good defenses. They're not great, but pretty good. I'd say Weary is the better RG over McKinney. Kubiak is making great progress in the pass protection. Let's just give him time, and he'll get the ground game going as well.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #2
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

Default Re: 2 Games, 1 Sack

got to give props for this to sherman.
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Ephraim Salaam has done an excellent job in pass protection as LT. I remember thinking he was an underrated signee when we got him in the off-season. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to do well when Spencer went down, but I think he's done an even better job than Spencer was doing.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #4
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Hopefully now we can get some continuity with the starters in the O-line. I doubt we have had the same line-up for two games in a row so far.
Old 10-22-2006   #5
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

The Texans played extremely well against a "top 5" offense and defense today. The protected DC and Lundy some room to work with. Hell of a game. I think this win gives them confidence they need to go out and win games even when they are facing a tier 1 team.
Old 10-22-2006   #6
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Ephraim Salaam has done an excellent job in pass protection as LT. I remember thinking he was an underrated signee when we got him in the off-season. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to do well when Spencer went down, but I think he's done an even better job than Spencer was doing.
i remember everyone sayin "oh great, now carr is gonna get trampled again"
(when spencer got injured)
but the game that charles got injured, salaam came in a did a good job, and i thought he would do really well, but alot of people didnt think so
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i remember everyone sayin "oh great, now carr is gonna get trampled again"
(when spencer got injured)
but the game that charles got injured, salaam came in a did a good job, and i thought he would do really well, but alot of people didnt think so
He still has problems with speed rushers, like Freeney. Dallas doesn't really have a guy like that..... Ware is quick, but he's not a speed rusher. Jacksonville doesn't have one of those either.

I agree Salaam is doing very well, but when we get this zoneblocking thing down, he'll look a lot better.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2006   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Ware ran a 4.5 with plenty of strength and moves he has the talent and Dallas has the guy to make plays, dont under sell him, he had 8 sacks his rookie year.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
Ware ran a 4.5 with plenty of strength and moves he has the talent and Dallas has the guy to make plays, dont under sell him, he had 8 sacks his rookie year.
I'm a Ware fan.

I just don't think of him as a speed rusher ala Freeney....
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read