Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Grading the Texans

Quarterback: A Carr had a great game. He found the open receiver, checked down when needed, and even though he had a few drops they were not his fault.

Running Backs: B Lundy and Gado did a good job today against an injured Jags team. They dropped a couple of passes, but a good game for sure. (Heh, Lundy has 1 more rushing TD than Bush)

Wide Receivers: A found open spots, Kevin Walter showed up (Finally) and AJ went for the ball 2 on 1 and WON (as quite a few of us wanted). Great game, and congrats to Moulds for 700

Tight Ends: B Good job on blocking and getting open

O-line: A Nice to see Weary and Pitts get some push finally. Weigert still looked shaky, but no miserable sacks (yes some, its gonna happen), but I was finally impressed with the push.

D-Line: C I saw very little pressure today and I think they got beat off the line by the Jags O-line

Linebackers: B+ Finally the other 2 LBs showed up with Demeco. Easy yards on the ground still

Defensive Backs: A Outstanding coverage, made plays, created, just Brilliant play from them!

Coaching: B Did not like some calls, they seem to go WAY Conservative in the 3rd, but a good day for Kubiak and Smith.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #2
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Grading the Texans

Very little pressure? Peak had a FF and there were numerous pressues and batted passes. The Dline looked great today.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

So you give them a B??? A???
Old 10-22-2006   #4
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I guess I would give them a B. A few more sacks and they get an A, but they did their job and they did it well.
Old 10-22-2006   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Saw Leftwhich on his back after many a play, the D-line did well, but not spectacular (no sacks). All in all, very good play, and nice to see Shante Orr show up.
Old 10-22-2006   #6
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Saw Leftwhich on his back after many a play, the D-line did well, but not spectacular (no sacks). All in all, very good play, and nice to see Shante Orr show up.
1 sack.
Old 10-22-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
1 sack.
lol, Mario's "sack"...not exactly a good example of pressure from the defensive line on that play...
Old 10-22-2006   #8
whiskeyrbl

I give the TEAM an overall B,and it was fun watching them have fun. The hard hits are worth the price of the tickets . Still a lil' conservative at times,but a win is a win...
Old 10-22-2006   #9
Sco-tai
Veteran

QB : Carr managed the game VERY VERY well. Being almost 1/2 into the season...I think it's safe to say he's having a legit GOOD YEAR. A

RB : Lundy looked very impressive. Good moves and quickness. Gado had atleast 2 drops in the receiving dept. I'd say stick with Lundy for at least the next 3 - 4 games as the starter...see if it was a fluke or not. B

TE : Good catches & blocks. B+

WR : Great catches and YAC's. Mould's blocking very well. Good to see WALTER having some impact. A

O-Line : Improved. Getting some push. B

D-Line : Still average...but having PEEK back is tremedous. C+

LB : Average...with exception to the Rookie-of-the-Year, Mr. RYANS! C+

DB : Average...but did have their best game of the year. Let's be honest though...JAGS dropped SEVERAL catches...having little to do with our performance. C+

Special Teams : Besides the missed field goal, we did good. Great coverage on kick offs/punts. B+

COACHING : Although I was one of those who wanted us to go for it in the 3rd Quarter when we had a 4th and 1, I must admit I was wrong. Had we NOT made it...I have a feeling we could have really messed up. Kudos for focusing on LUNDY more in the second half. B+

CROWD : I mean....we ACTUALLY did a WAVE!!!! haha....that's an automatic A in my book! Hehhe

OVERALL : W.......so who cares! hehe

CONGRATS TEXANS!!!
Old 10-22-2006   #10
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
lol, Mario's "sack"...not exactly a good example of pressure from the defensive line on that play...
i will take that sack im sure some of the great pass rushers have freebies somewhere in their stats.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #11
texflex513
All Pro

Overall total team effort for most of the game. The 3rd was kinda scary but our guys responded well I will give the team an A for the W.
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #12
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't use it as one but to say that we had no sacks is erroneous.
Old 10-22-2006   #13
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

There really weren't any sacks by the D-lines today. Both QBs clutzed it up and someone fell on them while they were already down. Counts, but they were both pretty cheap.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #14
TexanLen
Veteran

All in all, the team had a very good game. "A" as an entire unit. They played their arse off the whole game and they didn't let up when i think every texan fan said "here we go again" when Jax scored and then we went 3 and out. Good job, Texans!!!

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #15
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
RB : Lundy looked very impressive. Good moves and quickness. Gado had atleast 2 drops in the receiving dept. I'd say stick with Lundy for at least the next 3 - 4 games as the starter...see if it was a fluke or not. B

I agree, lets see what Lundy can give us and if we need to throw in Gado for a "rest" or change of pace do so. Lets see if it is not a fluke.
Old 10-22-2006   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Think you're being a little hard on Weigert. The guy is a right tackel. And he's playing hurt. And he has a decent cap freindly contract. I thought the line as a whole earned their pay today. Thought Pitts and the grey beard on the left side were most excellent. Props to Cook for the fine I-so block on the long Lundy runs .
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #17
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by texflex513 View Post
i will take that sack im sure some of the great pass rushers have freebies somewhere in their stats.
ala Strahan and Favre
Old 10-23-2006   #18
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

What I liked is seeing the Texans dominate a game, rather than stumble into a win. No offense, but our last three wins against Cleveland, Arizona, and Miami all felt like somebody had to win it and not so much that the Texans were going to take the game. Yesterday, it felt like the team went out there shooting for a win and got it. They outplayed and outcoached the Jags. I give them an A for the upset win. Now if they can keep their momentum going against Tennessee...
Old 10-23-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Our 53 were better than their 53. The team does not need a grade as they got the win. Tennessee is next and we will need all 53 players to contribute again.
Old 10-23-2006   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The Texans have everything they need to be a play-off contention team. They have some great players. Individual stats alone shows that. They have the right schemes and coaches in place. They have just needed cohesion, and it is good to see that happening. There is no reason they can't beat any team on any Sunday.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read