Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2006   #1
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is it me or.... (Faggins)

Did Faggins make a big difference in the secondary?
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it me or....

I think he forced a fumble :bananasplit:
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, he managed to change my avatar for now. I think Buchannon must've really been stinking it up at corner.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #4
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

It was refreshing. Dunta's game was much better too...
Old 10-22-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Faggins! Would you have guessed it?

Scott was in for Earl also.
(not sure what happened to Earl assuming injury)
Old 10-22-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Scott make several good plays. I mean nothing great, but considering I didn't know he existed until today.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya' think?

Yeah, he proved that he's worthy of starting: While making the tackle, he had the "big play" thought on his mind and he was going after the ball.

I noticed the entire defense stepped it up after that. How many passes did we bat down against Byron Sandwich toward the end of the game? A bunch of passes were knocked down--And I remember screaming at my TV all season long for our d line to...."Put your hands up! You ain't gettin' to the Qb, so try to bat it down!." Finally they played SMART.

The defense was just a different unit out there with Faggins helping Dunat to shut down the WRs.
Old 10-22-2006   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63
Default Re: Faggins! Would you have guessed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Scott was in for Earl also.
(not sure what happened to Earl assuming injury)
Ya Earl was out with a stained nexk, Scott looked good to me.
Old 10-22-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I saw Scott make several good plays. I mean nothing great, but considering I didn't know he existed until today.
exactly
Old 10-22-2006   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Leftwhich definately helped us out today, missed a few open receivers and such, and his windmill delivery lets linemen knock more balls down. Anyway, great play from the D today, continued the first half dominance against the Cowboys. Now the question is, can we keep this up? Three straight road gams coming up, we better bring the D.
Old 10-22-2006   #11
UberDork
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Leftwhich definately helped us out today, missed a few open receivers and such,
Yeah and their receivers had quite a few drops, but there were a lot of plays where the CBs were right on the receivers...

I don't remember seeing hardly any of that prior to today....i.e. both CBs had their guys covered...some semblance of balance of skill in the secondary can do wonders...
Old 10-22-2006   #12
Doug
All Pro

Default Re: Is it me or.... (Faggins)

You have Wong, Faggins, and Peek back and add Scott, Simmons with everyone else stepping up and that D was lethal. I hope we can do that from here on out.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #13
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I liked what I saw from Simmons today more than Scott but Peek and Faggins were great contributors today. What a great difference they make.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #14
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

IMO, there were several players that were key today in our good defensive play.

Peek made a huge difference at DE. Peek, Mario, and Kalu were getting consistent pressure on the QB and Peek made a big play stripping the ball from Taylor. As always, D. Ryans was all over the field.

Our secondary looked a lot better b/c Faggins played very good. He may not be a shutdown corner and may allow receivers to periodically catch the ball, but what I love is the fact that he is always looking for the ball and trying to make a play. If the receiver catches the ball, the play is not over...you should continue to give maximum effort and try to make a play.

So many times this season PBurnt and Sanders had great coverage on their receiver, but still gave up the play b/c they would not look for the ball or get their hands up to bat the ball down. Faggins did those things today and no one else has up to this point.

This makes me extremely happy b/c if Faggins can be as productive as he was today after being out of game action so long, I can only believe that he will continue to improve and make an impact throughout the season. The entire defense did a good job today.
Old 10-22-2006   #15
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

On the other hand, Sanders had a horrible game today. Leftwich picked on him a lot and he had that pass interfernce on third down on an overthrown ball in the end zone. I still look for us to pick up a CB in the first round.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I was not a Faggans fan last year, but he's much better than Sanders/McCleon. He looked solid today and he did get the strip on Williams/Wilfork that Greenwood (IIRC) recovered.

It was also great to have Wong and Peek back.
Old 10-22-2006   #17
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Is Greed View Post
On the other hand, Sanders had a horrible game today. Leftwich picked on him a lot and he had that pass interfernce on third down on an overthrown ball in the end zone. I still look for us to pick up a CB in the first round.
Teams have been targeting Sanders all year (see T.O.'s TDs in Dallas.)
Old 10-22-2006   #18
Tayton
Veteran

Got pressure on an overrated QB. Our secondary played pretty much like it had throughout the year. Trust me I watched them closely.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #19
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Leftwhich definately helped us out today, missed a few open receivers and such, and his windmill delivery lets linemen knock more balls down. Anyway, great play from the D today, continued the first half dominance against the Cowboys. Now the question is, can we keep this up? Three straight road gams coming up, we better bring the D.
Agreed! He looked horrible often today.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #20
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton View Post
Got pressure on an overrated QB. Our secondary played pretty much like it had throughout the year. Trust me I watched them closely.
That is the same secondary (exception... Sanders and Earl) that made Brunell look like Joe Montana. I dont care how much you looked... they played better today. Whether it was due to us getting key players back off of injuries or for some other reason is yet to be determined.

They played better today. Dunta played better today. Leftwich played terrible but oh well.... take advantage when you can.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read