Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2006   #1
Fldvldog
Veteran

Default Congratulations Houston

Wow. I've never been so embarassed in my life.

Just wanted to congratulate you all for a great victory. You guys dominated every aspect of the game. Our whole team played like *******. No bright spot, except Fred Taylor in the third QTR (but then again...the fumble...). It was apparent that Byron was bothered by his ankle. He had one of his worst days as a pro.

You guys are definitely on your way up. I'd say we're still in the playoff hunt, but we need some serious practicing to do.

The story of the Jags 2006 season = Injuries

PS: I'll be changing my sig momentarily.
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congratulations Houston

Thanks, we played a good game today.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #3
SicilianJag
Rookie

Thumbs up Congrats

We had some excuses coming in to the game, but nothing that would account for the azs kicking we got today. Congrats. Your rook DE made some plays, and Kubiac made some great calls. Heck, both sides of the ball played well for you today.

I'm headed to the beach with my Jag jersey on so everyone knows I'm a fan this afternoon, but the team should be a bit embarassed to have played that way.

Keep it up next week and good luck. We'll be better prepared for you in a few weeks I'm sure.
SicilianJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21874 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

got to give you credit, you showed up after losing. not sure if we are for real yet or just playing well against jville like we always do. anyways, how about that running game today!!
Old 10-22-2006   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe Jack The River actually played Byron Sandwich.

Sorry if this considered "piling on," but that was a poor decision.

He did look very uncomfortable. He needed to be on the bench. Weird stuff.
Old 10-22-2006   #6
Bongo59
Veteran

game went just the way I thought.............Carr throwing to open the run game was smart................and the Jags season is over................no way they make the playoffs in the AFC...............I cant wait to play the Texans next week.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #7
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
game went just the way I thought.............Carr throwing to open the run game was smart................and the Jags season is over................no way they make the playoffs in the AFC...............I cant wait to play the Texans next week.
So, does that make the Titans' season over?
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2006   #8
Nbkan
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to Nbkan Send a message via AIM to Nbkan Send a message via MSN to Nbkan

Woohoo...thanks for the congrats...didn't see the game due to work. But the score I called in my avatar was pretty close...24-10...I was off 3 pts on both sides. I am looking forward to watching it on TIVO.

Now I can take this bloody cowpoke avatar off too .
Old 10-22-2006   #9
doughboy
Veteran

Always nice to see the hags lose.
Old 10-22-2006   #10
bruski
Rookie

A great way to start the week, waking up over here in Australia to see that the Texans have won and run the ball well....Good stuff and well done.
bruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog View Post
Just wanted to congratulate you all for a great victory.
Thanks for being a good sport.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #12
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
So, does that make the Titans' season over?
everything is relative...............you thought this season you'd over take the Clots...............well they clinched today with your loss and now the Jags season could be over..................the injuries, as I predicted in preseason would kill you because youre depth is not hot...............and your LB and DE play proved it today.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #13
SicilianJag
Rookie

Actually, I think it was our offense that really let us down today :brickwall , not the beat up defense. Houston forced two fumbles on two consecutive downs that really turned the game on its ear. That, and Byron had another poor outing. That's two this year already and its getting hard to continue supporting him. Unfortunately I don't think there's anyone better to play (though I expect the Jag message board will be full of panicked suggestions).

Also, major props to Andre's catch in the end zone to take control in the first half. No way he should come down with that, but he manhandled two usually tough defenders. I couldn't tell from the replays if Darius somewhat hindered the CB from knocking the ball away. Watching Andre outmuscle defenders on some other catches makes me simply give him the benefit of the doubt for a spectular play.
SicilianJag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #14
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
everything is relative...............you thought this season you'd over take the Clots...............well they clinched today with your loss and now the Jags season could be over..................the injuries, as I predicted in preseason would kill you because youre depth is not hot...............and your LB and DE play proved it today.
That wasn't my question.
Old 10-22-2006   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow. I've never been so embarassed in my life.

Just wanted to congratulate you all for a great victory. You guys dominated every aspect of the game. Our whole team played like *******. No bright spot, except Fred Taylor in the third QTR (but then again...the fumble...). It was apparent that Byron was bothered by his ankle. He had one of his worst days as a pro.

You guys are definitely on your way up. I'd say we're still in the playoff hunt, but we need some serious practicing to do.

The story of the Jags 2006 season = Injuries

PS: I'll be changing my sig momentarily.
Worse than 30-0 at home?

I wouldn't worry, keep your head up its going to be OK.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Jags fans have so much class.

Sweeping them this year won't be as satisfying as I thought it would....

ah well, a sweep's a sweep.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #17
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Jags fans have so much class.

Sweeping them this year won't be as satisfying as I thought it would....

ah well, a sweep's a sweep.
LOL...I'm still holding you to that!
Old 10-22-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
LOL...I'm still holding you to that!
I wish you'd have left my quote in your sig....... but I understand, a bet is a bet.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147467 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
I can't believe Jack The River actually played Byron Sandwich.

Sorry if this considered "piling on," but that was a poor decision.

He did look very uncomfortable. He needed to be on the bench. Weird stuff.

I expected him to get pulled early. He looked like he was playing hurt.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #20
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Being a Jags fan has got to be frustating as can be.

I mean, I don't think I have ever seen a team so Jeckel and Hyde before in my life. One week, they beat the Cowboys and Jets, and give the Colts all they want, and then they come here to Houston and we blow them out. Just a mystery.

BTW, for you Jags fans, Garrad should be playing ahead of Leftwich. That guy has never impressed me at all. JMO.
gjmac2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read