Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2006   #1
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wali Lundy is not the answer

Its very sad the DD is no longer in the team's future...

But Wali Lundy et al is not the answer. You just can't plug in "Joe Blow Runningback" and expect respect from any NFL Defense.

The Front Office should have known of the severity of DD's injury and planned accordingly with the Draft...

And that even means they should have drafted that low-life Reggie Bush
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #2
Snapple
Veteran

Default Re: Wali Lundy is not the answer

I think most of us realized that Wali Lundy is not DD a few weeks ago. That's why he fell to third in the depth chart behind Dayne and Gado.

Although, it would help if our line could run-block worth a damn.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #3
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

8 yard gain, useless thread

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #4
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
8 yard gain, useless thread
Hey, I hope he proves me wrong. So far this year.. nothing... Even Gado and RD didn't do anything to get him mad.

I hope this is his breakout game.
Old 10-22-2006   #5
GoTexans
Rookie

He's looked great the last few drives.
Old 10-22-2006   #6
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexans View Post
He's looked great the last few drives.

Until that pitchout to the left side and the 30+ gain he was 6 yards on 6 carries
Old 10-22-2006   #7
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Hey, I hope he proves me wrong. So far this year.. nothing... Even Gado and RD didn't do anything to get him mad.

I hope this is his breakout game.
Dude, Lundy has 87 yards, you just movtivated him

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2006   #8
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
Dude, Lundy has 87 yards, you just movtivated him
OK.. here is something else to motiviate him...

Guess who else came out of Virginia? Ralph Sampson..

Maybe that will PO him to the point he gets another TD
Old 10-22-2006   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
Its very sad the DD is no longer in the team's future...

But Wali Lundy et al is not the answer. You just can't plug in "Joe Blow Runningback" and expect respect from any NFL Defense.

The Front Office should have known of the severity of DD's injury and planned accordingly with the Draft...

And that even means they should have drafted that low-life Reggie Bush
Thank you for jinxing him by saying he couldnt. He probably checked the boards at halftime, and felt the need to prove you wrong. 16 carries for 79 yards and a TD is just what we've needed.
Old 10-22-2006   #10
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
Thank you for jinxing him by saying he couldnt. He probably checked the boards at halftime, and felt the need to prove you wrong. 16 carries for 79 yards and a TD is just what we've needed.
I'm happy VERY HAPPY that he has proven me wrong.
Old 10-22-2006   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You need to do this again next weekend Koolaid Time. I'm serious, you should cut and paste that exact same text into another thread with the exact same name.
Old 10-22-2006   #12
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Lundy had a good game. But let's face it, he's not, and probably never will be, an 1100+ yd back like DD. We still need to look at options for RB.
Old 10-22-2006   #13
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You need to do this again next weekend Koolaid Time. I'm serious, you should cut and paste that exact same text into another thread with the exact same name.

Well, when I first made the post, Wali wasn't doing a very good job. It was 6 yards on 5 carries.

Of course when they bring in Dayne and Gado, and start them ahead of you, it doesnt give you much confidence.

I hope the kid starts next week.

I'll cut and paste the thread.. You supply the name. My wife will fill it in.

I'll be at the "tacky" Titans high school football stadium in Nashville watching K.S. "Bud" Adams rip off that godawful rug on his head.
Old 10-22-2006   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattheus_Rex View Post
Lundy had a good game. But let's face it, he's not, and probably never will be, an 1100+ yd back like DD. We still need to look at options for RB.
Why not?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #15
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

I just don't think he has the power or the potential. I hope he proves me wrong. By all means prove me wrong, that was the best display in our running game in a long time.
Old 10-22-2006   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy had a good game, but I don't see him being the long term answer either. In time I think he may be a good back to have as a backup, but I don't see him being a consistent starter in the league.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still don't have a whole lot of faith in Lundy for the long haul either (as a real STARTER, I mean), but I'd sure use permanent ink on his name as the starter for next week. I think Battle Red Day makes a huge difference to the whole team.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #18
Doug
All Pro

I bet he breaks 100 yds next week.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shut up all you negative nellys. Only a complete masochist would find fault in a win like todays.

We won, EVERYONE played well, find some hope!
Old 10-22-2006   #20
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I didn't think Lundy was the answer either until I saw him throw that juke on his second big run. I am still skeptical but I would like to see him start for the rest of the season and see what he can do. I am still open to the idea of featuring hi for a few years if he can average 90 yds a game for us.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read