Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-21-2006   #1
Snapple
Veteran

Default Calvin Johnson

Talk about a guy whose abilities are getting wasted. He is the most athletic receiver in the country. He has an unusual combination of both great size and great speed, great hands, great instincts, and everything else. And he has the unfortunate circumstance of being saddled with one of the worst senior QBs in college football, Reggie Ball.

I'm watching GT-Clemson, and this should be one of the biggest games of the year for GT, if they want to be called ACC contenders. Yet now that there are just a few minutes left in the 4th quarter, and Clemson has already wrapped up the victory, Johnson has ZERO catches because he's only been thrown to 4 times, most of them being uncatchable balls. How do you not try to get the ball to your best player in a big game? Makes no sense to me.

You can mark my words though. Johnson is gonna explode in the NFL. He has all the tools to succeed, and has no foreseeable downside that I can see at all. He's probably going to be a top ten or top five pick, and he'll deserve it.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Calvin Johnson

Calvin Johnson is going to get a lot of Attention come January.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i can't see any situation where he would fall past the second pick in the draft.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #4
Snapple
Veteran

Well, the first two picks might be Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson or something. Besides, this time last year, people were saying they couldn't see any scenario where Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart weren't the top two picks in the draft. A lot can happen to change people's stock between now and April.

Although I would be shocked if Calvin wasn't an extremely high pick. If "experts" try to move him down the draft board if he has a less-than-perfect combine, they'll be making a huge mistake.
Old 10-21-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

oakland will most likely draft him. and there's no way he goes anywhere near the combine.
Old 10-22-2006   #6
Snapple
Veteran

Who in Oakland is going to throw him the ball though? Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter are absolutely horrible.
Old 10-22-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

they'll stick with walter, or maybe draft another QB in the later rounds. or sign a free agent.
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2006   #8
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

As a Tech fan I couldn't agree more. I didn't get to see the game but Ball is terrible and I have suffered through him for a few years now. Thank god this will be the last.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #9
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i think miami will have the first pick in the draft, if you look at there schedule, they got a tought one, the lions could be a win for them, but not with harrington, and they might beat indy at the end of the season, if indy has got the home field advantage

but i dont think they win either of them
miami then...
oakland
and then i dont know who
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

What's going to hurt me is if after the VY Reggie Bush fiasco, two clubs get into as bidding war over Calvin Johnson. I think Clemson marked him though. He's going to see double and tripple teams the rest of the season. It is Clear to me still early, but he is the prize in next years draft.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #11
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

him and troy smith, i think troy smith will the be the best NFL ready QB in the draft

toss up between him and brady quinn

but smith has more all around weapons
Old 10-23-2006   #12
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Lets give it up for Troy Ware...I mean Troy Smith!
Old 10-23-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

if the season ended now, miami would have the #1 pick, because we've had the easiest schedule in the NFL so far, except for chicago. from here on out, we have one of the TOUGHEST schedules.

brutal. but if it gets us calvin johnson, i'll take it.
Old 10-23-2006   #14
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
if the season ended now, miami would have the #1 pick, because we've had the easiest schedule in the NFL so far, except for chicago. from here on out, we have one of the TOUGHEST schedules.

brutal. but if it gets us calvin johnson, i'll take it.
we wont get calvin johnson, even if we were at #1 again, we wouldnt take him, unless moulds retires after this year

and know one even knows if he'll come out this season
or has he said that he will already?
Old 10-23-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
we wont get calvin johnson, even if we were at #1 again, we wouldnt take him, unless moulds retires after this year

and know one even knows if he'll come out this season
or has he said that he will already?
We probably wouldn't take him if we got the #1 pick....I'd like to see a trade down as much as it would hurt to pass on him.....

And I highly doubt that he will stay...The money calling his name will be too loud to ignore...
Old 10-23-2006   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

well he is a pretty humble guy. i read a few stories on georgia tech's academic site about him doing a ton of things for those less fortunate.
Old 10-23-2006   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody has said anything about this but I could see Brady Quinn falling a little bit.
The Dolphins have a rejuvenated Harrington and the Raiders have Walter (who is fumble prone but is a very accurate passer)
I dont think that Quinn, while extremely talented, is as good as ESPN makes him out to be. As much as I hate to say this cuz Ohio St beat my Texas team, Troy Smith looks like the next McNabb. He is hella fast but never needs to run cuz he is such a good passer (doesnt hurt when you have awesome recievers but Quinn does too)
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
The Dolphins have a rejuvenated Harrington
ahahahahahaha

quinn is awesome. i want him on my team.
Old 10-23-2006   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
ahahahahahaha

quinn is awesome. i want him on my team.
I know your laughing at me. But I've seen some things from him that I didnt see in Detroit. You prob know more about it tho since it appears that your a Dolphins fan and I'm not
Old 10-23-2006   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

My top 3 QB would go like this:

1. Smith- Ohio St
2. Brohm- Louisville
3. Quinn- ND

Just my opinion on what I've seen so far

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read