Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

One More Example of Reggie -vs- Mario...HYPE...BOLOGNA! [:-o>

Luv_ya_blue

Truth, Love, Faith & Obedience - Christianity 101
WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!
WARNING!!! THIS IS NOT A "TRADITIONAL" MARIO vs REGGIE DEBATE!!! WARNING!!!

Not trying to get any crapola stirred up. As many of you know, I'm a card collector and tonight I was looking on ebay and started looking at MW's stuff. (Pretty good cards out there by the way)

I decided to look at what the highest price on a MW card was...

mario.jpg
This auction is for a Mario Williams 2006 Leaf Certified Freshman Fabric Autographed Rookie Card which includes a piece of NFL Logo Patch / NFL Logo Helmet / Football / Shoe. This card is numbered 1/1. Please see scan. This card is in nm/m condition. Good Luck and thanks for bidding!

reggie.jpg

WOW!!!, Reggie Bush 2006 Leaf Certified Materials Freshman Fabric Triple Mirror Blue Jersey, Football, & Helmet Rookie Autograph Card #210 SERIAL NUMBERED TO ONLY 46/50. NICE CARD!!

THIS IS SIMPLY AMAZING TO ME!!!
:brickwall

Here's another example of the Reggie Bush BOLOGNA!!! Oh yeah! I forgot...there's just one more aspect to this post...

Mario Williams Card...current bid?
$177.50 w/4 days left

Reggie Bush Card...current bid?
$2,000.00 buy it now, w/6 days left

Now on one hand, the RB card probably WON'T sell for this amount...but on the other hand, the Mario card is a ONE-OF-ONE!!! For those of you that are NOT very well versed in card lingo...that means that there was ONE OF THOSE CARDS MADE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!! Only ONE!

All I can say is, "I wish that I had an extra $200.00 to throw down on the MW card!" Absolutely HANDS DOWN the single most AWESOME Mario card that I've seen this year!!!!!

The more crap like this I see...the more I want to see Mario turn into a BEAST!!!

~~GO TEXANS~~
texansthreepointstanceblanket.jpg

Luv ya blue...

I'm confused... I think you're saying that it's BS that a page for Mario's card included a RB card as well... If that's the case, to me your explanation is a little vague... Other than the RB card going for more $, I'm still not 100% sure what you're gettting at. Can you clarify?

Luv ya blue...

I'm confused... I think you're saying that it's BS that a page for Mario's card included a RB card as well... If that's the case, to me your explanation is a little vague... Other than the RB card going for more $, I'm still not 100% sure what you're gettting at. Can you clarify?

I believe what he's getting at is the fact that the only Mario rookie card of this type that was made is going for less that $200, whereas the Reggie rookie card, which is one of 50 made, is going for $2,000.

All I can say is I'm happy for the ***** who's shelling out that much money for something like that...

I believe what he's getting at is the fact that the only Mario rookie card of this type that was made is going for less that $200, whereas the Reggie rookie card, which is one of 50 made, is going for $2,000.

I thought the same, but he seems to have an initial point about the cards that makes him upset, then he says "oh yeah, I forgot... there's just one more aspect to this post" then he goes on to describe what you're saying about the price difference.
He has an initial point that got him upset first, but his description is vague... I think he took issue with the RB card being listed on the page for Mario's card... perpetuating the Mario/RB hype...

I thought the same, but he seems to have an initial point about the cards that makes him upset, then he says "oh yeah, I forgot... there's just one more aspect to this post" then he goes on to describe what you're saying about the price difference.
He has an initial point that got him upset first, but his description is vague... I think he took issue with the RB card being listed on the page for Mario's card... perpetuating the Mario/RB hype...

I believe he is upset at the write up for the Bush card showing more excitment than the MW card. Oh well whoever gets the Mario card will likely get the better deal.

Very nice post Luv ya Blue. What's the weather up there ? Been on the Livingston Idaho Falls run yet ?

Makes sense to me. Reggie is the ESPN anointed greastest running back since....

And Mario is the mistake. We'll see. Buy the Mario card.

The confusion is that there isn't a link to the auctions. I was told that we "can't host threads with links to ebay auctions." The RB card ISN'T on the MW thread. The links would've shown that, but it's all good.

The gripe I had was that the MW card was a 1/1 and the RB card was a 46/50. A HUGE DIFFERENCE in the card collectors game. NO CONTEST WHATSOEVER! The MW card is INFINENTALLY(sp) more valuable than the RB card...and yet it's less than 10% of the "established worth" of the RB card. Yes I was VERY irritated.

But NO the RB card wasn't on the MW page...just a comparison of the two...and this guys opinion on the matter.

Too me, it looks like a stock offering for a .com start up in the '80s, versus a stock offering of a small oil drilling company around the same time.

Of course the demand is going to be on the get rich quick stock in the environment of the 80s..... but in the long run, that small oil drilling company actually has more real value.

Too me, it looks like a stock offering for a .com start up in the '80s, versus a stock offering of a small oil drilling company around the same time.

Of course the demand is going to be on the get rich quick stock in the environment of the 80s..... but in the long run, that small oil drilling company actually has more real value.

Nice analogy, tk. And appropriate IMO.

Maybe ESPN should go ahead and buy that Bush card .... I wonder when they will lose their mancrush on the guy .... So what , he had a punt return for a TD lasst week . The rest of his stats are very ordinary .... :stirpot:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407605

Rushing
Att Yds Avg Lg TD
65 196 3.0 18 0

That 3.0 ypc is the same 3.0 that the Texans group of backs average .... and they are the worst rushing offense in the NFL . So much for the second coming of Gayle Sayers . :ok:

Back