Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-20-2006   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default La-a-oooser--Vick

Quote:
"I feel like I'm at a stage where I can almost do it all. I want to continue to run the football and make plays and be a threat with my legs, you know, but I just feel that the game is easier when you're throwing the football. That's the fun part of it. You've just got to be given the opportunity.

"When Reeves was here, I was 50 yards shy of 3,000 yards passing, and I was among top 15 in passing in NFL. Coach Reeves, he believed in me and gave me a chance to throw the football."

Actually, Vick threw for 2,936 yards in 2002, and he was ranked 18th in the league in passer rating.

VICK: "I always think about that, Cris. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week."
Scroll Down

How delusional is this guy? What effect would you have on Indy?--LOL. It is all the WR's fault. OK Mikey.
Old 10-20-2006   #2
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP
Default Re: La-a-oooser--Vick

I have to admit that when I saw him at VT I thought he would wreak havoc in the NFL ..... IMO he hasn't been embraced by a system that takes advantage of his gifts .... not his fault really but in any event time's running out on his window of opportunity ..... he could've chosen his words a bit more carefully in this interview ...
Old 10-20-2006   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Scroll Down

How delusional is this guy? What effect would you have on Indy?--LOL. It is all the WR's fault. OK Mikey.
I think he may have been taking more of a shot at Mora than the WRs, but this kid sure isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he sucks.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #5
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

id still trade carr for vick in a second.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
I am happy you are not in charge!

Ron Mexico, IMO, could not do any better for himself than what he has done. Does he actually think that Dungy would have wanted him in the first place, much less let him run up and down the field? I severely doubt it, but I could be wrong.

From what I have seen, the entire Falcons image is built around this guy. What more can you ask for? Sure, ok.... so you didn't have Harrison and Wayne on your team. So friggin what? Stop complaining about it. Plant your feet and throw the ball....

I have respect for J. Mora... he is one of my favorite coaches. I do not have respect for Vick, though. He hasn't handled himself too professionally and he hasn't even deserved all the chances he has been given to succeed.

Old 10-21-2006   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Kubiak and Shannahan both could coach Vick to alot of success.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2006   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
At least then we'd have a quality halfback.
Old 10-21-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

They ran this on NFL N last night. Vick was definitely railing against his head coach. The Falcons are #1 in the NFL in rushing and #32 in passing.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think Kubiak and Shannahan both could coach Vick to alot of success.
as long as you don't throw the ball or play any half-decent defense.
Old 10-21-2006   #11
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Eeehhh, I don't know what to think of that. I mean I am by no stretch of the imagination a Vick fan but the guy has a point (to a degree). I don't know if it's the actual system he's in, the coach, the WR's or Vick himself but he did have Peerless Price there and look how that turned out. Now I know that Peerless is no Steve Smith or Terrell Owens but the guy still had some value and worth when they brought him in, obviously they had a reason to do so. But that theory never worked out. Now they have Ashley Lelie, again, no Randy Moss or Michael Irvin but again, seems to be wasting his time in Atlanta as a WR. Maybe Oakland or Kansas City or Dallas should take a look at him during the off season, because unless things improve there with Mora and Vick I doubt much will end up as Happy Families in Atlanta...
Old 10-21-2006   #12
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
They ran this on NFL N last night. Vick was definitely railing against his head coach. The Falcons are #1 in the NFL in rushing and #32 in passing.
Yep, saw that too. He said he loved Dan Reeves and what he did for him when he was younger.

Sounded like he doesn't like his head coach down there too much. You can't blame him though with #32 in passing.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #13
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Micheal Vick is what you get when you make Reggie Bush a QB.
Then somebody needs to convert Bush to QB.
Old 10-21-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Micheal Vick is what you get when you make Reggie Bush a QB.
i made a thread about that like 2 days before the draft.

edit: http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=21627
Old 10-21-2006   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

i think unfortunately they do not take advantage of his passing abilities.

he throws a great long ball. he should be in a OLD raider offense. RUN the ball which obviously they can do and get some big wr's who can get down the field and catch jump balls.

he's NOT a west coast qb. he doesn't throw short passes well. kid has NO touch.
Old 10-21-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
There is a reason for that. And its not the coaches.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always wondered what kind of QB Vick would end up being once he aged and his legs lost that youthful burst. Now I know...a whiny QB.

I don't hate the guy, though...I just hate the hype that ESPN/media have constructed around him. He's great for Sportscenter highlights, but I'd rather have a 'traditional' QB (i.e. Manning, Brady, etc.) than one of the prototypes. You can pass the ball down the field a lot quicker than running it.
Old 10-21-2006   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not doggin' him, bro'. I just got tired of the endless hype from talking heads that said Vick is/was the 'QB of the future'. I remember dudes even saying that traditional dropback passers were going to be a thing of the past.

But the thing is that Vick is a one-of-a-kind talent, so you can't just emulate that with anyone coming out of college. He's like Reggie Bush in that these guys with freak talent come out every 15-20 years. However, I still think he's an average passer at best, which is the bread and butter of the QB position. I don't think he's got the mentality to pull off a Manning-like command of an offense...but then again, not many do.
Old 10-23-2006   #19
real

He may not win games the way you want him to....But he wins games...

Last edited by real; 10-23-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-23-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

4 TDs yesterday against a good D...man, he looked great!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read