Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2006   #1
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Byrons ankle keeps him out of practice today.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio was caught off guard on Friday morning when he was told his starting quarterback, Byron Leftwich, was favoring a sore left ankle.

“He didn't practice today. He'll get an MRI this afternoon. He came in today and it was swollen and sore,” Del Rio said following Friday's practice.

“We'll see what the MRI results say and make a decision leading up to the game,” Del Rio said of Leftwich. “He practiced (Thursday) and walked out of here. He just woke up this morning sore. We hope it'll settle down and be OK.”

http://www.jaguars.com/story/5559.asp

Looks like DG has a good chance of starting. If this is the case, Texans chance of winning dramatically increases.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Byrons ankle keeps him out of practice today.

Matt Jones is doubtful and I think Henderson is doubtful also. If Leftwich goes down it might even out this game for this week although Gerard is pretty decent.

Normally I like playing teams with all their soldiers so that if we beat them there is no excuse but at this point who cares.

Let's go Texans!!!!!!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #3
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I thought with Mark Brunnell being the Redskins QB gave us a good shot at winning. Then he sets a record for consecutive pass completions. I'm not going to get too excited if it is Garrard starting.
Old 10-20-2006   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Matt Jones is doubtful and I think Henderson is doubtful also.
Stroud is the one who is questionable along with Jones and OT Stocker McDougle.

Quote:
If Leftwich goes down it might even out this game for this week although Gerard is pretty decent.
Eeh I would rather have Gary Coleman and his man boobs out there.
Old 10-20-2006   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He's always hurt. Nothing new.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This might be more important than it seems. He uses his right leg to plant and use his windmill delivery. However, I think David Carr and his funky delivery would burn the Texans' secondary, so it doesn't matter, after all.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #7
Doom Capers
Veteran

Doesn't matter. Gerrard is just as good.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2006   #8
Fldvldog
Veteran

This news made me sick to my stomach. Is there a more injury-plagued team in the league?

Byron is a warrior though. If it isn't a severe sprain, or broken, I'm sure he'll play.
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

keep chopping wood

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog View Post
Is there a more injury-plagued team in the league?
You're kidding righ? If you still don't know, just watch the game on Sunday because you'll be playing them.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
keep chopping wood

Nice!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #12
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Eeh I would rather have Gary Coleman and his man boobs out there.
Agreed, I like are chances of winning with Byron as QB. He isn't very mobile (aka Dunte Culpepper). D-Line and Blitzers pick a spot and go after it. While Gerard's mobility will give us fits.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #13
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Either way Jag fans will make excuses if they lose to the worst defence in the league...with three key players on the Defence coming back for the Texans, we might have a shocker on our hands.
Go Texans!!!

Sippin Kool-aid and Chuggin Hater-Aid!
Old 10-20-2006   #14
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Leftwich always seems to play better hurt than 100% healthy, if there is such a thing.

I like our chances with Leftwich in there and Garrard on the bench. In fact, Garrard would be welcome on a lot of times I think. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned up a starter somewhere in the next year or two.

Anyone that loses to the Texans and that makes excuses about injuries is just sour grapes. Every team has injuries and has to overcome them, so just becuase you lost, doesn't mean that you always the inferior team overall. As far as I am aware, there is only 1 perfect season, so even the Super Bowl champs lose an unexpected one throughout the course of a year.
Old 10-20-2006   #15
was385
Rookie

Now they are saying that Henderson and Jones are out for the game. This seems like a team that we can beat, over the past two weeks their run defense has taken two huge hits and now they dont have that big target in Jones. Hopefully this can be a breakout game for Gado or Lundy, whichever is starting
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #16
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
Now they are saying that Henderson and Jones are out for the game. This seems like a team that we can beat, over the past two weeks their run defense has taken two huge hits and now they dont have that big target in Jones. Hopefully this can be a breakout game for Gado or Lundy, whichever is starting
So you assume that we just out-play them offensively? I think this game for the Texans can only be won by revving up on the defensive side of the ball. We need to take their offense out of their gameplan early, like we did against Dallas in the first half.

I have concerns about us being able to stop them enough. If we are playing well, I think we can put up maybe 24 - 28 points at most. We still have execution problems on offense that we will not get perfect.I think a realistic point total for us is in the 16-21 range for this game. That is going to require an above average performance by our defense.

With the lack of experience in the front 4, I would look to stunt Weaver or blitz to Weaver's side to try and perhaps let him us a bit more technique to try and get to the QB. Obviously Mario is not there yet in being able to out technique the OL or sadly, the TE.

I don't think we have shown the capability to slow down an offense, in particular an offense that can move the ball on the ground. We have had quite a few games this year where is seems like our defense is on the field for almost the entire quarter because they give up long sustained drives.

Sadly, I wish we could have our guys focus on more things like stripping the ball and blitz to create interceptions, but we are so poor at tackling, that we will have a hard time making the stop at the point of first contact.

I expect more of the same from the past few weeks, except I would like to see a bit more "playmaking" by Mario and others. Seeing Mario take down the RB from behind last week showed me the motor that he needs to have. I see progress.
Old 10-20-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We couldn't even put pressure on Bledsoe, one of the most immobile QB's in the NFL. Leftwich could go out there with crutches and we'd still be sorry at pressuring the pocket. Our front four are worthless right now.
Old 10-20-2006   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by was385 View Post
Now they are saying that Henderson and Jones are out for the game.
It is Stroud that is out not Henderson.
Old 10-20-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We couldn't even put pressure on Bledsoe, one of the most immobile QB's in the NFL. Leftwich could go out there with crutches and we'd still be sorry at pressuring the pocket. Our front four are worthless right now.
Hopefully we'll have a starting four soon, so they can practice together more often, and start rushing the QB in sync. We've been going after the QB with a hodgepodge makeshift line since the beginning of the season.

Then they're practicing against our OL & QB, so it's hard to be prepared for Sunday.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006   #20
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Byrons MRI was negative, he say's he feels better today according to NFL network.
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read