Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-19-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Rounds 2-4 RBs in 2007 Draft

I would be very suprised if the Texans did not select a RB in Rounds 2-4 in next years draft

RBs available in these rounds that I think would fit well in our system:

Selvin Young(sr.) from Texas. 6-0 210. Hits the holes and has a nack for gettin the first down, a smart and determined runner. Hometown of Houston, TX...I really like this guy. Alot of people for some reason dont seem to like him that much though, I have no idea why.

Andre Brown( Redshirt-Soph) from NC State. 6-0 232. Strong controlled runner who bounces off good hits, and runs through arm tackles with ease. This guy is the type of guy with Domanick Davis balance, but much more speed and quickness to go with it. Probably my favorite guy at RB this year other than Peterson. Averaged 5.2 YPC last year in his first year as a starter. Averaging 6.3 YPC so far this year.

Mike Hart ( jr.) from Michigan. 5-9 198lbs. Another guy who hits the holes with authority and knows how to get that first down. Also a formidable receiver out of the backfield. Avgs about 5 YPC over his career.

These are the three that come to mind as of now...

Another guy that would be a good FB for us is Brian Leonard from Rutgers..He is 6-2 235 lbs and averages about 4 YPC over his career at Rutgers...this guy can run the ball very well and also catch the ball very well. He is also a good blocker...Seems to be everything Kubiak loves in a FB. Don't know where he will go though...I think it all depends on his Combine stats. Very good in the Redzone. We need a threat out of the backfield in the redzone desperately.

Any guys yall can think of? And what do yall think about the guys I have got on here (dont forget Brian Leonard)?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #2
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP
Default Re: Rounds 2-4 RBs in 2007 Draft

Selvin Young and Mike Hart are two guys that I've been keeping an eye on and think would be good backs in Kubes system....and that you could probably acquire in lower rounds.

The only thing that worries me about Young is the fact that he has a long history of severe and nagging injuries. This would make me hesitant about taking him, but his desire and effort (not to mention toughness and speed) may make him worth the risk.
Old 10-20-2006   #3
whiskeyrbl

Kenny Irons Auburn or Steve Slaton West Virginia. Also I would like to see us get Leonard from Rutgers, Think he would fit this system well.
Old 10-20-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Kenny Irons Auburn or Steve Slaton West Virginia. Also I would like to see us get Leonard from Rutgers, Think he would fit this system well.
hes only a Soph. and he will stay at WV for atleast 1 more year after this year

but hes a great RB
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #5
whiskeyrbl

Oh I thought he was junior, sorry about that.
Old 10-20-2006   #6
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Kenny Irons, Auburn, SR - great speed, good vision, decent size, does alot and is a true leader. Balanced runner with a good burst and quickness.

Tony Irons, Penn St, SR - big size (6'2" 230), decent speed, and hits holes with authority. Possibly the type of power runner we've been wanting, can and will wear down defenses.

Kenneth Darby, SR, Alabama - patient runner with good size, decent speed as well.
Old 10-20-2006   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kenny Irons is a 1st round pick, they are asking for 2nd - 4th round guys.

Micheal Bush look like he falls to the 2nd. The kid, Kenneth Darby,from Alabama looks solid.

Lorenzo Booker Flo St
DeShawn Wynn Flo
Tony Hunt PennSt
Courtney Lewis ATM
Alley Broussard LSU
Selvin Young UT
Tyrone Moss Mia 5'9" 239lbs now theres the beef
Kolby Smith Louisville

That's 10 guys to watch that are seniors that should be 1st day to early 2nd day guys.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2006   #8
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 40 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

How many draft picks do you guys have next year?
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post

Micheal Bush look like he falls to the 2nd. The kid, Kenneth Darby,from Alabama looks solid.

Lorenzo Booker Flo St
DeShawn Wynn Flo
Tony Hunt PennSt
Courtney Lewis ATM
Alley Broussard LSU
Selvin Young UT
Kolby Smith Louisville

That's 10 guys to watch that are seniors that should be 1st day to early 2nd day guys.
If Michael Bush fell to us in the second, I might take him on a McGahee type of thing.

Booker dances too much, he wouldn't fit well in this system, all though he does have alot of speed and when he gets out in one on one situations he is tough to take down.

Wynn is a good player for UF. He is good at getting out in the flats and catching passes.

Tony Hunt is an interesting guy. Big guy he is something around 6-2 and 230. He has good stats with 2500 yards and 21 TDS already for Penn State. He is from San Antonio.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh I thought he was junior, sorry about that.
if slaton was draft-eligible he'd be a top 10 pick.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lorenzo Booker Flo St
DeShawn Wynn Flo
Tony Hunt PennSt
Courtney Lewis ATM
Alley Broussard LSU
Selvin Young UT
Kolby Smith Louisville

moss is definitely a guy to keep an eye on. and kolby smith could skyrocket up the board on draft day.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #12
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i like selvin young, he just runs straight and seems to not stop till he gets that first down, Darby is good to but, he might be a late 1st,
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #13
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 879 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

I think Hart will end up going later in the first round.
Old 10-20-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree that Irons is a first rounder...I'm big on him...I'm also huge on Bush. I think he sticks in the first round. Either one of these guys would be ideal at the top of the 2nd if one slips...and you know we will have an early 2nd round pick. I like Hart quite a bit too...I've had him on my college fantasy team.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a guy that is a bit later, but I have been watching. He is gonna go on my small school sleepers thread in a couple months.

Kyle Steffes, HB North Dakota State.
He is averaging 5.3 a carry, and over 100 yards a game despite being taken out in the 3rd because of the score (they are 6-0, and have crushed some people. He has 7 rush Tds. Also contributes in the pass game, with 15 rec for 115 yards. Oh yea, 5'11" 209. What do people think?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I would be very suprised if the Texans did not select a RB in Rounds 2-4 in next years draft

RBs available in these rounds that I think would fit well in our system:

Selvin Young(sr.) from Texas. 6-0 210. Hits the holes and has a nack for gettin the first down, a smart and determined runner. Hometown of Houston, TX...I really like this guy. Alot of people for some reason dont seem to like him that much though, I have no idea why.

Andre Brown( Redshirt-Soph) from NC State. 6-0 232. Strong controlled runner who bounces off good hits, and runs through arm tackles with ease. This guy is the type of guy with Domanick Davis balance, but much more speed and quickness to go with it. Probably my favorite guy at RB this year other than Peterson. Averaged 5.2 YPC last year in his first year as a starter. Averaging 6.3 YPC so far this year.

Mike Hart ( jr.) from Michigan. 5-9 198lbs. Another guy who hits the holes with authority and knows how to get that first down. Also a formidable receiver out of the backfield. Avgs about 5 YPC over his career.

These are the three that come to mind as of now...

Another guy that would be a good FB for us is Brian Leonard from Rutgers..He is 6-2 235 lbs and averages about 4 YPC over his career at Rutgers...this guy can run the ball very well and also catch the ball very well. He is also a good blocker...Seems to be everything Kubiak loves in a FB. Don't know where he will go though...I think it all depends on his Combine stats. Very good in the Redzone. We need a threat out of the backfield in the redzone desperately.

Any guys yall can think of? And what do yall think about the guys I have got on here (dont forget Brian Leonard)?
always hurt. Taylor, Melton & all those other guys weren't even supposed to be getting as many reps as they were last year if he's healthy.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farough View Post
I think Hart will end up going later in the first round.
He's a junior, I dont see him declaring this year. Size on him is also a huge downer, but reminds me of a more patient Domanick Davis.
Old 10-20-2006   #18
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 879 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
He's a junior, I dont see him declaring this year. Size on him is also a huge downer, but reminds me of a more patient Domanick Davis.
Yeah, i don't think he will be declaring this year... But if he does I can definately see him going in the first round.
Old 10-20-2006   #19
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

What abour Amir Pinnix from Minny? They run a zone blocking scheme, he'd be nice for us. He's a JR...

6'0", 205...5.4 ypc this year with the G-Gophers....he was Gary Russell's backup last year...he's real good in a zone blocking system.
Old 10-20-2006   #20
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
What abour Amir Pinnix from Minny? They run a zone blocking scheme, he'd be nice for us. He's a JR...

6'0", 205...5.4 ypc this year with the G-Gophers....he was Gary Russell's backup last year...he's real good in a zone blocking system.
He'd have to be stupid to declare, Maroney did as a junior but Pinnix isnt close to his level.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read