Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2006   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Injuries

Will Peek, Mathis, or Wong be ready Sunday?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #2
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Injuries

Wong yes. A percentage of the time.

Peek probably not. Kinda iffy.

Mathis no. Maybe in a couple of weeks? They said he was a couple weeks behind Wong and Faggins. He is a speed guy and I am wondering how fast he can get that back.
Old 10-19-2006   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Injuries

They were just talking about PUP on 610. This was the first week they could practice, Mathis hasnt started yet. I guess he MAY be out for the season...
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #4
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

peek is probably a go this week. he was ready to play last week but he said the coaches held him out. him and wong should be on the field as well as faggins.

mathis has a couple more weeks to go
Old 10-19-2006   #5
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Im starting to lose respect for Mathis.After what Kubiak said at training camp about his attitude,after that motorcycle accident, I dont think he is commited

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Glenn Earl going to play? If not is Jason Simmons going to take his place?
Old 10-19-2006   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
Im starting to lose respect for Mathis.After what Kubiak said at training camp about his attitude,after that motorcycle accident, I dont think he is commited
I have a bad feeling about Mathis, too. They were asking Kubiak on the radio about Mathis, and if he was going to play this year. He said he did expect him to play sometime this season, but that he was a couple of weeks behind Wong and Faggins. But I dunno. Just something about the inflections in his voice revealed disappointment, as if he expected Mathis to be further along.

Just a feeling I have. Might not be anything.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2006   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
What did Kubiak say about his attitude after the motorcycle accident?

Before the accident he was very interested in getting him involved in the offense.

Here's the latest on Mathis:

Quote:
“Well, I just think he’s definitely behind the other guys. Those other two were ready, and we knew that. Jerome’s running, (and head athletic trainer) Kevin (Bastin) could probably gave you a percentage on it. I’m going to say he’s maybe between 70 and 80% right now as a player. So he has got a little ground to makeup, and he has a 21 day period to make that up. We have to make that decision, but hopefully that picture gets a little clearer each day.”
And others...

Quote:
(on whether they will need to dress just seven on the defensive line) “I don’t know. You have (DE Antwan) Peek, he looked like he made it through today. (LB) Shantee Orr had a hip problem yesterday. So those things for us go down to the wire. We prepared them all to play and then we make the decision on Sunday, so I couldn’t answer that right now.”
Quote:
(on whether CB Demarcus Faggins has looked good in his two days back) “Yeah, I think he has. We have monitored what he’s doing. We have to be real smart in the game with that. But he brings energy to this football team, he and (LB) Kailee (Wong) both, and definitely big time leadership.”

(on whether Faggins will start vs. Jacksonville) “Right now I would think he wouldn’t start, but he’s definitely going to play. Him and Kailee, I wouldn’t think they would start. That could change, but now I don’t think that’s the right thing to do. We make sure they play and play the right amount of time in the right situations this first week.”
Quote:
(on LB Kailee Wong) “He’s going to be ready to go. Like I said, we’ll make the decision tomorrow, make the move tomorrow but he’ll be out there Sunday. He worked some. He just didn’t work (much), we’re monitoring what he does, but he still got his work and I expect him to be fine.”
Quote:
(on DE Jason Babin leaving practice) “It’s my understanding that…he had back spasms so they took him in. I don’t know, I’ll find out when I go in.”
Quote:
(on T Zach Wiegert being back sooner than expected) “He didn’t do much today. He tried to go a little bit, and took himself out and said it (knee) was bothering him. It’ll be a game time decision.”

(on G Fred Weary starting) “Fred will start at right guard. Hopefully (G) Steve (McKinney) will be available to be our swing guy. That’s always our decision, whether we suit seven or eight.”

(on G Steve McKinney’s situation) “He’s battled his body a little bit. I just wanted to see (G) Fred (Weary) play; I thought Fred played well last week. you know, we’re going to keep looking at players and searching to find a way to get better as a football team. That’s not going to stop; we’re going to continue to do that.”

(on T Brad Bedell coming back to play football) “He’s a battler, you know. Against Miami he had to go in and play left tackle against Jason Taylor, a tremendous spot, a tough spot to go into. He’s a journeyman work horse guy; he’s out here busting his tail every day. We’ve had issues, Zach’s had some problems physically, Steve’s had some problems physically; you’ve got to keep playing. You’ve got to keep preparing and keep playing and that guy’s been out here everyday doing that so I think, I know he’ll play hard as heck for us so he gets a chance to play and I expect him to play well.”
argh
Old 10-19-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
What did Kubiak say about his attitude after the motorcycle accident?
Give it up. There will always be those who parse every statement and look for every possible negative expectation--you know Spencer's broken leg will be career ending while my kids' multiple broken bones don't mean crud. Odds are sometimes they will be right and crow about it and they will be wrong as well and crickets will chirp.
Old 10-19-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Give it up. There will always be those who parse every statement and look for every possible negative expectation--you know Spencer's broken leg will be career ending while my kids' multiple broken bones don't mean crud. Odds are sometimes they will be right and crow about it and they will be wrong as well and crickets will chirp.

Crud, Crow & Crickets. It would be a great name for an album done by a rockabilly band.

Maybe Crude, Crow & Crickets.
Old 10-23-2006   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody know if Mathis is gonna be back?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by [[Gary Kubiak]] View Post
Way the go and stick up for a totaly non productive guy cak...... No productive cause he like his bike so much! He broke that foor form the motorcycle and you know it!

He better come out on fire od we should cut his ass! I would not cry........
Old 10-23-2006   #13
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Way the go and stick up for a totaly non productive guy cak...... No productive cause he like his bike so much! He broke that foor form the motorcycle and you know it!

He better come out on fire od we should cut his ass! I would not cry........
They said that it likely predated the motorcycle crash. You can guess that it came from the motorcycle crash, but then you would speaking outta your behind. It was troubling him from beforehand. They didn't realize it was that serious.

The type of injury he had is very hard to diagnose and is not unusual for track athletes to get.

For more information, check out this old blog post. There are some links in it that have more stuff in it:

Pro Bowler Jerome Mathis injured for start of season
Old 10-23-2006   #14
real

Quote:
I am talking about mathis! He is totaly reckless and should go the way of sho-time Buchannon.

I didnt hear about no broken foot till he slamed his bike on the pavement.........

Who buys this ****? That Mathis broke his leg at the probowl? Who?
Players don't get to the pro-bowl on accident....especially not rookies...

I think Kubes is gonna give him a chance....just because the prospect of averaging starting on the 35 is too good to pass up...
Old 10-23-2006   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[[Gary Kubiak
]Who buys this ****? That Mathis broke his leg at the probowl? Who?
Me. Though I think it is unclear when he broke his foot. That it was bothering him predated the motorcycle accident.

It was a broken foot, not a broken leg.

Just because you don't like a guy, there is no need to exaggerate stuff.
Old 10-23-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Players don't get to the pro-bowl on accident....especially not rookies...

I think Kubes is gonna give him a chance....just because the prospect of averaging starting on the 35 is too good to pass up...
I am guessing it will depend on how back he is from the injury.

His game is all speed. And it is not likely he is up to speed on the wide receiver position yet. Kubiak doesn't want to spend a roster spot on the return position.

If he is not at his world class speed by the date he needs to be healthy, it is possible that they will shut him down for the season.
Old 10-23-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
If he is not at his world class speed by the date he needs to be healthy, it is possible that they will shut him down for the season.
Yeah I agree...Originally I thought Kubes would cut him regardless because he was basically a one trick pony....

But then i thought about how a good/great return man can change a game, and I thought that Kubes would deem that to valuable to let go....

Heres to hoping he can get healthy....
Old 10-23-2006   #18
real

Quote:
I never liked the guy! I am not gonna hide that.
If you don't mind me asking....Why didn't you ever like "the guy" ?
Old 10-23-2006   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never liked the guy! I am not gonna hide that.

Between Mathis, Payne and Greenwood........

Tribal council says Mathis is GONE!
How can you dislike a guy that can return a kickoff at any given time? A guy that that earns a spot on a probowl roster his first year in the league? A guy that that wasn't drafted until the second day? I guess rumors of a guy being a locker room disruption can really be persuasive. To each his/her own I guess.
Old 10-24-2006   #20
real

Quote:
He has so much potential not only as a PR guy but also as a WR! He has so much speed, but when he is on the field as a WR he is VERY SLOPPY! Not much effort on his routes. Smaller Gaffney...

Watching him a couple of time is enough to make me lose respect of him. The motorcycle accident only made it worst. I think you got to win a ring first for me to excuse this kind of dumbassery........
Some guys are just going to be special teamers.....I wouldn't mind it if he could become a legit reciever, but I just think what he offers on KR's is too valuable to just let him go...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read