Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It's Battle Red, baby. Bring it!

<NFL football voice>

Sunday.

Reliant.

Be there.

Wear Red.

Here's some of my bringing it: Link (hyperlinks in the original)

Quote:
The team encourages all the fans to wear red, and the Texans have oft played inspired football on Battle Red Day, with a 3-2 record when wearing red jerseys.

There might be something scientific to this. Scientists who probably should be curing cancer or something valuable in life have done studies showing that sports individuals and teams that wear red play better.

Yesterday, there was a report that some dirtbag threatened to dirty bomb seven NFL stadiums, including Houston's Reliant Stadium. Today, there is a report that the FBI is questioning the 20-year-old man that may be responsible for writing the email. They are characterizing the threat as "phony."

The Houston Chronicle's John Lopez wrote a nice article today that talks about the nature of terrorism and encourages people to come to the game on Sunday. He quotes Eric Moulds:

"America is the greatest country, and it's going to take care of its citizens. The government is going to do everything to keep its citizens safe. I couldn't think of a better place to be on Sunday than at Reliant Stadium."

Hopefully, we will have a great game to watch as well. For just about every game the Texans have played against the Jaguars, the Jags have had a better team on paper. However, the historical series is tied 4-4.
Lopez says that a Houston Grand Opera singer is going to be doing the national anthem. I love the opera singers' version of it--non-cheesed up.

Wear red. Even if you think it is a cheesy marketing thing. Do not be the person messing up the picture.

No hating or boohooing in this thread. Just bring it.
Old 10-19-2006   #2
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Important Notice for Battle Red Day

From the email today. In case you missed it...

Quote:
Due to the warning from Homeland Security, Kirby Drive will close earlier than usual this Sunday. Kirby will now close at 10:00 a.m. If the early closure affects your arrival to the game, here is a link to our parking lot map. Just click the appropriate parking lot and you will see a detailed map to plan alternate routes accordingly

I will be easy to find, I will be the guy wearing a red shirt in the crowd...
Old 10-19-2006   #3
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's Battle Red, baby. Bring it!

The stadium is awesome on Battle Red Days!!!! How could we not be powerful!!!! Great pictures!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #4
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: It's Battle Red, baby. Bring it!

:brickwall here's some red for ya
Jagsbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Do ya think TEXANRED would miss Battle Red?

Hell Ya I'm there.

Oh and Texans Chick, awsome avatar!

Not even Gary Coleman can over come the power of Battle Red!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #6
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
:brickwall here's some red for ya
Right, like a teal fan knows how to bring it.

I'll be there with my Battle Red custom, as will the other half. I love Battle Red, everyone really goes all out for it...well, except the one who ruined the picture.

GET THERE EARLY, IF FOR SOME UNTEXAN REASON YOU DO NOT AT LEAST OWN A RED TSHIRT. THE FIRST 30K IN THE GATE GET ONE FREE, SO THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!!!
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #7
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I wish I could be there, but I'll be in the hospital for a round of chemotherapy, but I'll be wearing #8 battle red jersey! I will represent at MD Anderson

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2006   #8
Jagsbch
Veteran

Rep Power: 47 Jagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respectedJagsbch is a quality contributor and well respected

Teal fan Filo Girl?? Ask the Stealers about Teal Night at Alltell. Talk about bringing it, we brought to the point of giving them their first shut out since I can't remember when. Teal night was awesome. I actually got an opportunity to hang with Robb, the Cat who came up with the concept of teal night, at the game. He was stoked to see his idea come to life. I am looking forward to this one coming to life as well.

Seeing a Red Stadium will be a great testament to unity of your fan base. I know one thing for sure, this is going to be an awesome game. As I stated earlier in our forum, you all are on the verge of winning a game.

Texans are a lot stronger than their win record suggests...

Texans love to blitz, they know how to pressure the QB. Jags have only 2 more sacks than the Texans.

Texans gave Dallas hell in the first half, Texans actually led the game going into the second half last week.

The week before, Miami had to come back from behind to win it with 2 minutes left to go in the game.

Carr is dangerous. The game before Miami, Carr had 3 TD's and 140.2 QB rating against Indy.

All a team has to do is make the mistake of looking past you and its on IMO...

Speaking of red, I read this article on the color red a while back and there was this study done to reveal how opponents actually get intimidated by the color. It made it seem like this was a natural reaction. I almost sent it to JDR thinking that instead of the players wearing a black under their eyes they could try red as my rational at the time assumed it would be more intimidating phsycologically speaking. But like a lot of things I never got around to it.
Old 10-19-2006   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Teal fan Filo Girl?? Ask the Stealers about Teal Night at Alltell. Talk about bringing it, we brought to the point of giving them their first shut out since I can't remember when. Teal night was awesome.
Teal night?

Teal night?

TEAL night?

u r joking, right?

As far as unis go, that is more manly than pink uniforms and slightly less manly than purple.
Old 10-19-2006   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Teal fan Filo Girl?? Ask the Stealers about Teal Night at Alltell. Talk about bringing it, we brought to the point of giving them their first shut out since I can't remember when. Teal night was awesome. I actually got an opportunity to hang with Robb, the Cat who came up with the concept of teal night, at the game. He was stoked to see his idea come to life. I am looking forward to this one coming to life as well.

Seeing a Red Stadium will be a great testament to unity of your fan base. I know one thing for sure, this is going to be an awesome game. As I stated earlier in our forum, you all are on the verge of winning a game.

Texans love to blitz, they know how to pressure the QB. Jags have only 2 more sacks than the Texans.

Texans gave Dallas hell in the first half, Texans actually led the game going into the second half last week.

The week before, Miami had to come back from behind to win it with 2 minutes left to go in the game.

Carr is dangerous. The game before Miami, Carr had 3 TD's and 140.2 QB rating against Indy.

Speaking of red, I read this article on the color red a while back and there was this study done to reveal how opponents actually get intimidated by the color. It made it seem like this was a natural reaction. I almost sent it to JDR thinking that instead of the players wearing a black under their eyes they could try red as my rational at the time assumed it would be more intimidating phsycologically speaking. But like a lot of things I never got around to it.

I know ALL about Teal night for y'all. I am a member of the 'other Jag board' too and get the email and chat with other Jag fans. It was Sept 18, the first one ever, and Robb is the one who coordinated it.
BATTLE RED day is ours, and has been in existance for several years. Have not seen you at your home board, why not?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We will beat the dog out of you like we used to, if all you could do is be 4-4 with an expantion team, what makes you think it will be any better now.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #12
Jagsbch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl View Post
I know ALL about Teal night for y'all. I am a member of the 'other Jag board' too and get the email and chat with other Jag fans. It was Sept 18, the first one ever, and Robb is the one who coordinated it.
BATTLE RED day is ours, and has been in existance for several years. Have not seen you at your home board, why not?
I needed a vacation, or maybe the board needed a vacation, regardless I am actually to the point where I am satisfied with the Cats holding down the fort over there, and with the Jaguars back to their winning ways I can finally relax and spend more of my energy on other ventures; the board is virtually on autopilot these days. I'll show up now and again to tweak things out while getting my Jag fix, but I am no longer a full time resident. My hands are actually tied to another arduous project I am working on behind the scenes.
Old 10-19-2006   #13
Doug
All Pro

Jagsch:"The week before, Miami had to come back from behind to win it with 2 minutes left to go in the game."

Am I missing something or didn't we win that game?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #14
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, he was on a roll.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #15
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
That's funny stuff!!
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #16
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I'm down with that! Funny Sheeeiiittttee!
Old 10-20-2006   #17
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Teal night?

Teal night?

TEAL night?

u r joking, right?

As far as unis go, that is more manly than pink uniforms and slightly less manly than purple.

Now hold on there TC !!!

You treading on bad karma there girl. Bringing "purple" into the equation.

My LSU Tigers are "purple & gold".

Don't go dissin' my other favorite colors--------LOL

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006   #18
Jagsbch
Veteran

Boy do I feel stupid.:bananasplit: Imagine that I never bothered to acknowledge your win loss record. Looks like my hiatus is paying off, it just goes to show how far out of the loop I am these day's. You guys won a game, I guess a congrats is in order, imagine that, and here I am thinking it was you guys who were on a roll. I knew you all had a win in ya.
Old 10-20-2006   #19
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Wear red. Even if you think it is a cheesy marketing thing. Do not be the person messing up the picture.
I agree 100%
Old 10-20-2006   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard a clip of an interview with Leftwich , and they asked him about coming into Reliant on "Battle Red Day" . He said something to the effect of not caring what color jersey we are wearing and kinda blew it off as a joke . Hopefully we will show him we aint jokin .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read