Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-26-2004   #1
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Titans 1-2

The Titans have lost two in a row at home against division opponents. And Jacksonville keeps pulling wins out of their ***. Strange.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #2
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

And they are last in the division! :woot

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #3
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Yea .. who would have thought the Jags would be sitting on top of the division at this point.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks to me they are a bit like the cowpies of last year. A good defense, but basicaly winning by smoke and mirrors. Might just be their year to pull one out of their backsides.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

And McNair spends a couple of nights in the hospital with a bruised sternum. This only leads me to believe (based on his history with injuries) that he'll not practice all week long, be listed as either doubtful or questionable, then hobble out onto the field barely able to throw (but he'll be smiling) or jog and then he'll start and throw for 300+ yards and at least two TD's. His QB rating will be over 100 and he'll scramble a few times to keep drives alive netting better than 10 yards a carry.

I just no longer believe them when they say Steve McNair is less than 100%. Unless that guy has a major organ hanging outside of his body (And none of this "spleen" or "pancreas" stuff, I mean like his heart or lungs) then he's playing and probably playing well.
Old 09-28-2004   #6
longhornjag
Rookie

The McNair injury shows how the Jags are winning, with good punishing defense. I along with many of the "experts" thought the Titans would be able to exploit the Jags secondary and put up some points. We were all wrong about that. I agree they have had some luck in their wins but they have to be doing something right to be in the position to win at the end of games. This week will really be the test for the secondary. If they can stop the Colts then their bandwagon may not be big enough to hold all the fans trying to jump on.
longhornjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Colts win this division by at least 2 games.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2004   #8
longhornjag
Rookie

WWJD i think it is possible, only because their offense is so explosive. However, that defense is pretty weak (read last in the league). We'll see after this week. If they are able to blow out the Jags then yes they probably will take it by at least 2, but if it's close or they lose then look out the division may be closer than anyone thinks.
longhornjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The Colts is TRULY going to be a test to you guys...I mean, they put up 5 touchdown passes against Green Bay...geez. I am sure they are going to throw, and throw alot. You guys take them down...and I'll be impressed.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The Jaguars are this years Panthers. Stroud and Henderson are the best DT duo in the league.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

They are the best duo in the league but the two DE's they have on the line were probably sacking your groceries for you last week.

The Jaguars are definitely winning the way Carolina did last year. The only way they will continue, however, is if Fred Taylor and goes off or Leftwich takes it up a notch. Leftwich has been clutch in the 4th but he will have to show a lot more consistency. I think they will be on the cusp of the wild card (could go either way) when the dust settles this season.

I like the way the Jags have built their team. I think if they concentrate on DE and CB in the next offseason that 2005 will be an even better year for them.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read