Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2006   #1
Samkonfan
Rookie

Default Gado To Start

Just heard from an inside source that Gado will start this Sunday. I'm telling you this kid can be good just don't give up on him too early. It doesn't matter if Jim Brown or Walter Payton played running back the last couple of weeks for Houston they were not going to run the ball successfully against those teams and even Jacksonville has an awesome run defense. But given the ball as much as Dayne has gotten over the last few weeks, Gado will be more productive. You can see how the coaches want to try and get Gado the ball because he caught 5 passes last week out of the backfield. I think he does a lot of good things during the week of practice and impresses the coaches and just have been unfortunate to play some of the top rank defenses in the NFL that last few weeks. I think Gado and Lundy will be a good combination, Dayne has seen his best days already. Gado is a class act also and just a good person to have in the locker room.
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #2
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default Re: Gado To Start

Dayne's best days were in college.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #3
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers View Post
Dayne's best days were in college.
Despite achieving the all-time yardage mark, didn't he have a pedestrain YPC in college?
Old 10-19-2006   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkonfan View Post
Just heard from an inside source that Gado will start this Sunday.

Old 10-19-2006   #5
TexanLen
Veteran

Gado is a third down back. Lundy needs to start. Lundy is much faster and can hopefully get through the tiney holes our line creates. I agree though, I think Gado will be good for the texans.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #6
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh my Gado!

Well it can't get any worse can it?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
Gado is a third down back. Lundy needs to start. Lundy is much faster and can hopefully get through the tiney holes our line creates. I agree though, I think Gado will be good for the texans.
Just asking, why do you think the coaches feel completely different?? Are they stupid?? Or do you think Lundy is going to have to earn his start (unlike the Philly game) like Maroney, D'Angelo, Maurice, ReggieBush etc....

I agree that he looked better in the preseason,and even against Philly than Gado or Dayne has..... but Dayne out performed him against Indy. He never should've got that start in Philly.

I'm fine with the Gado Start, but I think Dayne should start. he's the only one who has been getting us postive yards (other than David) on a regular basis. Jacksonville is going to be as tough as Miami & Dallas. But Dayne did screw up a couple of times against Dallas.

I'd be upset, if he activates EdellSheppard or Anderson just to return punts & kickoffs..... Lundy & Walter can do that. But he needs to bring three RBs to this game. We need to run the ball at least 30 times.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkonfan View Post
Just heard from an inside source that Gado will start this Sunday. I'm telling you this kid can be good just don't give up on him too early. It doesn't matter if Jim Brown or Walter Payton played running back the last couple of weeks for Houston they were not going to run the ball successfully against those teams and even Jacksonville has an awesome run defense. But given the ball as much as Dayne has gotten over the last few weeks, Gado will be more productive. You can see how the coaches want to try and get Gado the ball because he caught 5 passes last week out of the backfield. I think he does a lot of good things during the week of practice and impresses the coaches and just have been unfortunate to play some of the top rank defenses in the NFL that last few weeks. I think Gado and Lundy will be a good combination, Dayne has seen his best days already. Gado is a class act also and just a good person to have in the locker room.
Tell your son or brother OR cousin GOOD LUCK!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
Lundy needs to stay away from the football field right now.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #10
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care who starts, just get us give us a running game
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #11
Samkonfan
Rookie

Actually Gado if faster than Lundy. Lundy is without a doubt quicker side to side but straight ahead, Gado smokes him. Trust me. Give the ball to Gado at least 20 he will get you 80 yards rushing without question. Some of the piles that Dayne would just fall on Gado will get more yards.
Samkonfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm fine with the Gado Start, but I think Dayne should start. he's the only one who has been getting us postive yards...
Lundy,Gado and Dayne=Slow,Slower and Slowest...

It's pick your poison at this point and I think Kubes knows it....I expect him to go with the experience first because that's just how it's done....And it is only the sixth game of the season and I expect to see more young guys the more we start losing and the deeper into the season we go...unlike the previous regime....But @ this point I'd rather see anyone but Dayne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just asking, why do you think the coaches feel completely different?? Are they stupid?? Or do you think Lundy is going to have to earn his start (unlike the Philly game) like Maroney, D'Angelo, Maurice, ReggieBush etc....

I see a lot of comments about how we(the fans) don't know anything, and the coaches are getting paid for a reason....

Well...In all honesty...you or I, can do the job that the coaches have been doing....Im tired of all this "coaches knows best" mentality...Kubes has even said himslef...."We're gonna try a lot of different things and see what works"....He might as well set up a suggestion box....Not saying that he's a bad coach...because I think he's a good one....but I'm just saying that not even Kubes has the answers.....
Old 10-19-2006   #13
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i thought yesterday on cold pizza, someone said lundy would get the start
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #14
Benchwarmer

Dayne had a great day against Miami, granted that they're Miami. 22 attempts for 58 yards. Dayne seems to be able to grind yards out more so than Gado. Against this tough Jacksonville defense, that's a must.
Old 10-19-2006   #15
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I don't care who starts at the RB position...

I just want to see DC air the ball out more...

Anyone know what game he has thrown the ball the most in? Has he ever reached the 40 atts. in a game yet?

Sorry if that got off topic, but just how I feel...

Let DC throw the ball 40 to 50 times and I bet the running game opens up...

Last edited by HomeBred_Texan; 10-19-2006 at 09:13 AM.
HomeBred_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #16
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

xtruroyaltyx, I always get stuck sitting there watching your avatar play over and over. I'd think I'd get tired of it, but I don't.

I can't remember the name of that linebacker he ran over. Robinson, Robertson . . something. First name's a blank. I know he was a pro bowler.

But I do remember watching that game like it was yesterday. The color commentator was Jim Brown, (not a bad runner himself in his day) and he couldn't stop stop talking about it the rest of the game.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchwarmer View Post
Dayne had a great day against Miami, granted that they're Miami. 22 attempts for 58 yards.
Is this really what we've come to as fans??? To call 22 for 58 great??? O.k is pushing it...Great is just......
Old 10-19-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Isaiah Robertson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMJv...&search=oilers

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #19
touttail
All Pro

Dayne's rushing stats----sucks
Gado's rushing stats-----sucks
Lundy's rushing stats----sucks

Is it really all threes fault. Seems more like we need to start benching some linemen.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #20
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

I heard Lundy was practicing with the first team all week and is going to start?
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read