Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-18-2006   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Chris Simms

I'm gonna preface this with my opinion of Chris Simms up until 10 minutes ago:
Soft. Great arm, throws good looking passes, good kid... choker, pick 6 champion, beneficiary of one of the greatest injustices in the history of college football (Applewhite benching), underperformer, hard worker, thinks he's better than he actually is (turning down the $10 mil.), doesn't know how to win.

Then I just watched SC's little interview with him & Mort... and I'll say this about him; there's nothing he wants to do more than be a great NFL QB. Maybe I've given him a bad rap for being Phil's son, but I'll give him some toughness points for playing through that game.

I've never been a fan of this guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him as our backup in 2007. He's got three big things going for him: his arm, his knowledge of the game, and his desire. He's got plenty of things going against him (aforementioned), but he could develop into a good NFL QB. If we're still losing midway through next year, and Carr regresses to the DC pre-2006, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot. Aside from the merits of acquiring him, I think there's a decent possibility of him signing here (Kyle Shanahan).
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #2
TexanLen
Veteran

Default Re: Chris Simms

He is a tough kid. I wouldn't mind seeing him here myself, but I don't think he will come here knowing he will be a back up.

Since we are talking Texas QB's.

Colt McCoy looks like he is going to be a winner!!!

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #3
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
He is a tough kid. I wouldn't mind seeing him here myself, but I don't think he will come here knowing he will be a back up.

Since we are talking Texas QB's.

Colt McCoy looks like he is going to be a winner!!!
I don't think anybody is gonna give him a starting job after his start to the 2006 season/injury. That's why I think he has a chance of landing here, kinda like Harrington ended up in Miami.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #4
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i dunno about McCoy alot of people think thats hes not as good as people think he is, and they got 2 five star QB's comin into texas from highschool, plus a 3rd 5 star guy named Jevan Snead, i think Colt will loose the job after this season, i really like him, but theres a vince young type of guy goin to texas from highschool. Colt will make it to the NFL but not as a starter
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #5
Bongo59
Veteran

Simms will play again this yr...................and much like his dad he will get better with age...............people will go out to sign him...............
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #6
Bongo59
Veteran

id love to see him play in Minn............he'd be a great match with Childress offense
Old 10-18-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
id love to see him play in Minn............he'd be a great match with Childress offense
not at all, actually.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I "coached" Chris when he was in 5th grade during a day basketball camp in Oradell, NJ. He was a terrific athlete, very coachable and a very good teammate all the while everyone knowing and treating an 11 year old like Phil Simms son.

I hope he comes back and finally goes out with a win. Outside all of the mudslinging that has occurred the kid has kept his nose clean, been well spoken about his teammates and has competed at a high level for many years. Nothing to be ashamed of even though others do not agree with carrying oneself that way.
Old 10-18-2006   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris won't be getting Super Bowl MVP like Daddy any time soon.
Old 10-18-2006   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I have always found it odd when grown men refer to other men's fathers as Daddy. Always has creeped me out.
Old 10-19-2006   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
i dunno about McCoy alot of people think thats hes not as good as people think he is, and they got 2 five star QB's comin into texas from highschool, plus a 3rd 5 star guy named Jevan Snead, i think Colt will loose the job after this season, i really like him, but theres a vince young type of guy goin to texas from highschool. Colt will make it to the NFL but not as a starter
I like McCoy. I just think he doesn't fit well with the Texas offense. As good as he's doing now, he'd be better somewhere else.
Old 10-19-2006   #12
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I like McCoy. I just think he doesn't fit well with the Texas offense. As good as he's doing now, he'd be better somewhere else.
It seems they forget VY isnt there anymore. I realy doubt the DE is going to bite on Colt taking it on the zone read play. Also, after the 15th quick screen to Sweed, the defense starts to figure it out. Its like watching the Texans offense from last year, just with an O-line and infinately more talent then the teams they are playing (except for Ohio St., which is why they lost)
Old 10-19-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

texas would be undefeated if they had matt grothe at QB. best freshman QB this year no doubt.
Old 10-19-2006   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
It seems they forget VY isnt there anymore. I realy doubt the DE is going to bite on Colt taking it on the zone read play. Also, after the 15th quick screen to Sweed, the defense starts to figure it out. Its like watching the Texans offense from last year, just with an O-line and infinately more talent then the teams they are playing (except for Ohio St., which is why they lost)
LOL! No kidding. They're lucky they have a pretty good defense as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
texas would be undefeated if they had matt grothe at QB. best freshman QB this year no doubt.
I think somebody like Tim Tebow would better fit the Texas offense. He can throw and run good. He's not afraid to smash you in the mouth when he runs either. Too bad he went to Florida.:brickwall
Old 10-19-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think somebody like Tim Tebow would better fit the Texas offense. He can throw and run good. He's not afraid to smash you in the mouth when he runs either. Too bad he went to Florida.:brickwall
so can grothe...he's run the zone-read to perfection this year. he's 80% of their offense.
Old 10-19-2006   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
so can grothe...he's run the zone-read to perfection this year. he's 80% of their offense.
Where is he from? Who's he with now? I haven't heard of him.
Old 10-19-2006   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Where is he from? Who's he with now? I haven't heard of him.
QB for USF.

http://sportsline.com/collegefootbal...yerpage/558654

almost beat rutgers single-handely. his receiver dropped the game-tying 2-pt conversion with no time left on the clock.
Old 10-19-2006   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Does Grothe play defense? If not, then he wasn't going to be the difference between Texas winning or losing to Ohio State.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
Does Grothe play defense? If not, then he wasn't going to be the difference between Texas winning or losing to Ohio State.
yes he does, actually. he also does kickoffs and coaches the team as well. very talented.
Old 10-19-2006   #20
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
the first 5 yrs of simms senior career in NY were worse and I mean far worse than Carr.............he was bad...............Simms Jr has been better already

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read