Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Which conference is the best?
SEC 24 68.57%
Big 12 2 5.71%
Big 10 1 2.86%
Pac 10 2 5.71%
ACC 0 0%
Big East 0 0%
C-USA, MAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt, or WAC is where it's at baby! 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which conference is the best?

Big 10, Pac 10, SEC, Big 12, ACC, or the Big East?

I say the SEC. There's just more quality programs at the top in LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, and to a lesser extent (thus far) Arkansas.

The ACC is a joke this year. Heck, Wake Forest is in line to play in a pretty good non-BCS bowl game. The Big 12 is having a down year. Texas and OU (thought without Adrian Peterson their stock goes down) are pretty good at the top. I don't think Texas A&M is a very good program though. They've gotten by on a pretty easy schedule. After Michigan and Ohio State, the Big 10 is kind of down also. Wisconsin is having a pretty good year and hung around with Michigan for most of the game, but other than those 3 there aren't any really good teams this year. Iowa seems to have been overrated going into the season. USC, Cal, and Oregon are a good trio for the Pac-10. The rest is pretty mediocre. West Virginia and Louisville are the class of the Big East. Not sure what to make of Rutgers though. They rely way too much on their running game.

Here's how I would rank them from best to worst:
1. SEC
2. Pac-10
3. Big Ten
4. Big 12
5. Big East
6. ACC

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which conference is the best?

Gig'em Big 12
Old 10-17-2006   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

SEC by far. There is no conference that is nealry as good. Take anyteam in the SEC they could be contending for that conference's title. Take most teams not in the SEC our of their conferences, put them there, and watch them flounder. SEC is the toughest in the country by far.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Sec.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

no brainer...sec. Most SEC teams play NFLesque defense. Top to bottom no league is close. The big12 is a joke compared to the sec

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #6
real

The SEC...
Old 10-18-2006   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

are u kidding? In the SEC cats are beating up on each other like to 2 drunk women.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2006   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Gig'em Big 12

Every team in the Big 12 would be bottom feeders in the SEC, with the exception of UT & Okla.................they'd barely be .500. And A&M........
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #9
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

I think we should introduce a drafting strategy to Kubiak and Smith. In late rounds only draft proven defensive players or decent O-lineman from the SEC. They are in another league as far as college football goes. I think the top 3-4 teams in the SEC could beat anyone in the Big 12 or PAC-10.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan View Post
I think we should introduce a drafting strategy to Kubiak and Smith. In late rounds only draft proven defensive players or decent O-lineman from the SEC. They are in another league as far as college football goes. I think the top 3-4 teams in the SEC could beat anyone in the Big 12 or PAC-10.
I'd have questions about that last part. I really don't think USC or UT would have much trouble with a team like BAMA or Clemson or even LSU.
Old 10-18-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I'd have questions about that last part. I really don't think USC or UT would have much trouble with a team like BAMA or Clemson or even LSU.
clemson is ACC.
Old 10-18-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It would help if you knew that Clemson was in the ACC

Old 10-18-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
clemson is ACC.
Lol, yeah i realized that after i posted.

Smartass...

Wow, I just used "Lol"...what a loser.
Old 10-18-2006   #14
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Every team in the Big 12 would be bottom feeders in the SEC, with the exception of UT & Okla.................they'd barely be .500. And A&M........
I will eat your face
Old 10-18-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lol, yeah i realized that after i posted.

Smartass...

Wow, I just used "Lol"...what a loser.
allright.
Old 10-18-2006   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
are u kidding? In the SEC cats are beating up on each other like to 2 drunk women.
LSU, Auburn, Georgia (a little overrated), Tennessee, Florida could all be top ten if they stop beating each other out but I guess when you play each other that's bound to happen!

SEC by far. Let's get rid of Mississippi State and bring in a better school.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
SEC by far. Let's get rid of Mississippi State and bring in a better school.
LOL...I used to live in Oxford....one of the great tailgate experiences in the country is at the Grove. I met Deuce at Abners chicken once! I hate those cowbells too.

Old 10-18-2006   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

mmm great chicken. Eli was in the grove with archie during his bye week, we sure are missing him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #19
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

AFC!........oh wait........
Old 10-18-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
mmm great chicken. Eli was in the grove with archie during his bye week, we sure are missing him.
Downtown Grill, Proud Larry's that little Italian place over by Bottle Tree Bakery and Ajax were my watering holes usually...that and the seafood buffet down in Abbeville once a week. I went to many SEC games back in the day.....still love SEC football to this day.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read