Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who do you feel sorry for?
Bob McNair - His investment is taking big time 8 10.13%
The fans - We are investing money and emotions into a hole 31 39.24%
Capers - Maybe he wasn't the problem 1 1.27%
Kubiak - He inherited quite a mess and a lot of expectations 10 12.66%
Eric Moulds - He thought he was joining a winning team 2 2.53%
David Carr - Still no OL after how many years? 19 24.05%
Andre Johnson - The only truly talented player on the offense 4 5.06%
Dunta Robinson - He'd look great with a real defense around him 4 5.06%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who do you feel the most sorry for?

Our team is awful year in and year out. Who do you pity?
Old 10-17-2006   #2
19-10
Veteran

Default Re: Who do you feel the most sorry for?

How could we feel sorry for any of the players??? We're paying them. I don't care to calculate PSL's, 4 seasons of club seats and a fifth year in a new section. Add that to the tailgate, clothing, etc. etc. and it get's sickening to see the product. I know, I know - no one is making me do it and if I could sell tickets to come watch me sell financial products I'd do it. But I feel sorry for me. And you.
Old 10-17-2006   #3
joshri
Rookie

At least Carr is making money out of this whole deal. The Texans fans are getting totally screwed. I'll always be a fan of Houston football first and foremost but I don't think the Texans deserve the common person spending hard earned cash on a pathetic product. It's not even coming close to respectable.
joshri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #4
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i feel bad for d-rob everybody's sayin that he sucks, but hes got know help out there, hes showed us what he can do with a decent Defense around him in 04, and ever since we havent done jack all, a people are callin for dunta's head
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

I feel sorry for the fans who have no faith and have nothing better to do but waste their breath trying to show how miserable we are, those who feel we're doomed to pick top 5 every year, those negative ones who wont know what to do when something good happens.
Old 10-18-2006   #6
sleepwalker
Veteran

I had to stare at this poll for numerous minutes...I still don't think I know who to most feel sorry for...I voted Kubiak.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr.............
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2006   #8
phan1
All Pro

Dude, how could you feel sorry for anyone other than the fans? We've been hoping for playoffs ever since 7-9 and now we're back to square 1 again. How is a team in a 49ers-like rebuilding mode after just 5 years? It's ridiculous. Casserly, YOU SUCK.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #9
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Gee, didn't see my pick again.

I feel sorry for anyone we beat, think of them having to face their fans.

Oh well. Better days are not THAT far away.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Kubiak - He inherited quite a mess and a lot of expectations
Old 10-18-2006   #11
real

The Fans...

They are paid to do a job just like you and I....

If we don't cut it at our job we get the axe....If they don't cut it they need to go....whoever it is....
Old 10-18-2006   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno. For some reason, fans choosing to feel sorry for themselves seems a tad contemptible, but that's just me.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not the least bit surprised that the Texans are 1-4, but I'm totally stunned that the game they won was the only game they played at a competitive level. And what really concerns me about this is Kubiaks credibility, because it calls into question his ability to effectively evaluate the talent level (or the lack thereof) of the team.
If you recall, Kubiak was early on very positive about our DLine, and even had expressed confidance in the D backfield. What does that do for his cred now ? And just as troubling, it gives one concers about his ability to motivate his team. But we should all keep in mind he is just in the sixth game of his rookie year, and is is still fighting the learning curve as all NFL rookie HCs and players must, one way or the other.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
And what really concerns me about this is Kubiaks credibility, because it calls into question his ability to effectively evaluate the talent level (or the lack thereof) of the team.
All the years Kubiak has been around and involved with the NFL and NFL players I highly doubt that he's all of a sudden forgotten what a good NFL player looks like...Maybe he was talking his guys up becuase he felt like they could achieve that standard...Maybe right now he just doesn't think they're playing up to their standard...the standard he thinks they can achieve...

But on another note one thing that worries me about our ZBS is that Kubiak was the one who ran the system in denver, but Sherman is coaching the O-line....Why didn't he go out and get a guy from another team that used the ZBS???? Or even someone from denver that was familar with it.... That's something I would question Kubes on....
Old 10-18-2006   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1 View Post
Dude, how could you feel sorry for anyone other than the fans? We've been hoping for playoffs ever since 7-9 and now we're back to square 1 again. How is a team in a 49ers-like rebuilding mode after just 5 years? It's ridiculous. Casserly, YOU SUCK.
Won't go that far but will say the brains in Washington was clearly Joe Gibbs. Casserly is one unluck guy.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read