Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2006   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Lundy

With Dayne and Gado struggling, coach Gary Kubiak said Lundy will get another chance. He's expected to get an opportunity as a punt returner after Phillip Buchanon was placed on waivers Monday.

"(Lundy) is not playing because I don't think he can handle it," Kubiak said. "I think we had a couple of good guys that we needed to take a look at, but it's obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more."

Staight out of chronicle........yesi hope he proves himself and get sthe full load not theis splitting time crap. give him a real shot.

lets get some thoughtsfrom people on how we think he will do. i say possibly 60 to 70 rushing yrds and 3 rec. anyone else??????????????
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #2
real

Default Re: Lundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
"(Lundy) is not playing because I don't think he can handle it," Kubiak said. "I think we had a couple of good guys that we needed to take a look at, but it's obvious right now that we have to give the kid a chance to come back and play some more."

To me that speaks volumes of what he thinks about Dayne and Gado at this point...

He is going to give more carries to a guy "he didn't think could handle it"...and take carries away from slow and slower....
Old 10-17-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy is a hard worker. Maybe the only reason he played was how hard he worked and how much the players and coaches appreciated it. I don't know if he has the vision to play RB right now.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Lundy is a hard worker. Maybe the only reason he played was how hard he worked and how much the players and coaches appreciated it. I don't know if he has the vision to play RB right now.
I agree...I don't think Lundy is "the" answer...But I like him in there more than Dayne....
Old 10-17-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I agree...I don't think Lundy is "the" answer...But I like him in there more than Dayne....
Even Hollings is better...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
To me that speaks volumes of what he thinks about Dayne and Gado at this point...

He is going to give more carries to a guy "he didn't think could handle it"...and take carries away from slow and slower....
That is clearly a misquote situation by the paper confusing a double negative--Kubiak said he didn't think he couldn't handle it. I have heard him on air say that several times--the paper just screwed up this time.
Old 10-17-2006   #7
Chris Taylor MVP
Rookie

Chris Taylor should be the Texans starting running back! No ifs, ands, butts (buts) about it! Altogether now "WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR!!!.......
Chris Taylor MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2006   #8
Rightnow
Veteran

If the quote is true, Kubiak is probably refering to other things besides running. Lundy needs to learn how to chip block and pick up the blitz better. A RB needs to know the offense very well on plays that he isn't just running.
Old 10-18-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That is clearly a misquote situation by the paper confusing a double negative--Kubiak said he didn't think he couldn't handle it. I have heard him on air say that several times--the paper just screwed up this time.
O.K.....that makes me feel better.....
Old 10-18-2006   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Lundy

Cold Pizza this morning--> Lundy WILL play!

I hope he does well, I like the guy!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

From being a 6-year-old with Earl Campbell posters on the wall, I've always been more partial to the power backs.

Right now, I'm all for the guy that can hit the hole the quickest when there is a hole. Dayne and Gado have yet to prove that they are that guy.

Good luck to Lundy.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

What I'm excited about is with the Wiegert ding, we get to see what we got in Erick Winston. He's gonna suck a little bit. But will be fun to watch him play. As far as the running bakcs, I think they are snipe hunting with wet paper bags. Both lines are playing so bad, the coaches are throwing us a bone of hope. The rest of the season is going to be like granny slipin you the toungue. Shocking and disgusting.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
The rest of the season is going to be like granny slipin you the toungue. Shocking and disgusting.
Well, time to vomit.
Old 10-18-2006   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Lundy is going to play because we are at the point of a why not. But don't expect all the running game problems to be magically fixed because of a running back change.

Check out this link that talks about run defense strength: "Jaguar Defensive Tackle John Henderson Will Eat Your Children" (the YouTube video is pretty entertaining, and is something nice to remember for those random people who seem to challenge Carr's manhood).

The Jag's run defense isn't ranked as high as Dallas' but out of all the teams with winning records, the Jags have played one of the harder schedules to date. Harder than Dallas' schedule.

In other words, it is a hard week to be trying to right the ship with your running game. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is a pretty big task to ask Lundy to work miracles in running and run blocking this week.
Old 10-18-2006   #15
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
In other words, it is a hard week to be trying to right the ship with your running game. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is a pretty big task to ask Lundy to work miracles in running and run blocking this week.
And rightly, it is a hard schedule at the beginning of a season for a team trying to rebuild itself. We just need to keep taking steps forward in all facets of the game.

I look for Winston to gain some experience, which is needed eventually. He won't get better or more acclimated to the NFL sitting behind Wiegert. I also look for Weary to have a solid game.

It will be interesting to see if Vonta Leach gets some field time this game to try and open up some holes against a tough Jax front.

Has anyone heard anything about Leach's status for the game?
Old 10-18-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Here's the quote from the presser: Week 6 of the Houston Texans Running Back Experiment: Wali Lundy to Play

They took that quote out of context.
Old 10-18-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Lundy is going to play because we are at the point of a why not. But don't expect all the running game problems to be magically fixed because of a running back change.

Check out this link that talks about run defense strength: "Jaguar Defensive Tackle John Henderson Will Eat Your Children" (the YouTube video is pretty entertaining, and is something nice to remember for those random people who seem to challenge Carr's manhood).

The Jag's run defense isn't ranked as high as Dallas' but out of all the teams with winning records, the Jags have played one of the harder schedules to date. Harder than Dallas' schedule.

heh, nice vid. Henderson is a load....Leading up to the draft John Henderson was one of the guys who was on top of the draft board and was pimped by many of Texans fan nation till we decided on Carr. Bryant McKinnie, Julius Peppers, Mike Williams and Mr Football himself, Joey Harrington were the others.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
heh, nice vid. Henderson is a load....Leading up to the draft John Henderson was one of the guys who was on top of the draft board and was pimped by many of Texans fan nation till we decided on Carr. Bryant McKinnie, Julius Peppers, Mike Williams and Mr Football himself, Joey Harrington were the others.
I was partial to Peppers or McKinnie. I thought the team needed to start by building the lines then moving out from there.
Old 10-18-2006   #19
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Taylor MVP View Post
Chris Taylor should be the Texans starting running back! No ifs, ands, butts (buts) about it! Altogether now "WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR, WE WANT CHRIS TAYLOR!!!.......
I don't know if he should or shouldn't, but I do believe he should have every opportunity like the previous rb's mentioned. He can't do any worse and I think he can be a suprise.
Old 10-18-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
I was partial to Peppers or McKinnie. I thought the team needed to start by building the lines then moving out from there.
That is how the old Oilers did it before their run of 7 straight playoff years. We took Munchack, Steinkuhler (would have been a perennial all pro if not for his bad knees), Harvey Salem, Don Maggs and of course Bruce Matthews with high draft picks as the offensive core to that team.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read