Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2004   #21
Sco-tai
Veteran

Someone on here predicted that the OLB's by the end of 2004 would be PEEK & BABIN. I think that is EXACTLY what it should be. Wong has been improved compared to previous seasons. But that's not saying a whole lot.
Sco-tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #22
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai
Someone on here predicted that the OLB's by the end of 2004 would be PEEK & BABIN. I think that is EXACTLY what it should be. Wong has been improved compared to previous seasons. But that's not saying a whole lot.
Count me as one of them. By the end of the year, peek, wong, sharper and babin at linebackers.
Old 09-26-2004   #23
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I can't believe I am reading this stuff when Babin had a couple of great open field tackles on LT in week 1.
Old 09-26-2004   #24
Panther5407
All Pro

Don't get me wrong, Babin is awesome. I'm just not to fond of foreman and really fond of Babs and Peek. Babin is gonna be great just he young and its only his third NFL game.
Old 09-27-2004   #25
CyberTexan
Veteran

I cant believe you guys , havent you seen the way Foreman has been playing this year ? hes been all over the field lately hes playing aalot better than last year , I was all for replacing him with Peek at the begginig of the season but hes made me change my mind the way hes been playing . Peek should be out there and I think hes awsome but he also gets injured alot , I agree with the earlier post use him spareingly like in 3rd and long situations by taking out wong or Babin .
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #26
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Look there is no harm in having 5 quality linebackers. Peek can be in there for either Babin or Wong on obvious passing downs.

If Peek can get his run defense and pass protection down he could be a really good player. I see him as where Clark Haggans was a couple of years ago when he got 6.5 sacks. It wasn't until this season that he moved into a full time role.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #27
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

no way in hell can Peek play DE in the 3-4.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2004   #28
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Peek will not play DE first of all, no way no how. Maybe if he played for a team that used a 4-3 defense he might be able to but not with the Texans.

Peek is a monster at getting to the quarterback. He will be our situational pass rusher. Teams will know we are blitzing, but with his speed it wont really mattered. He will probably finish with around 8 or 9 sacks on the season. but very few tackles
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #29
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Jacquescas has it about right. Might move Wong to the middle on those plays and then we could have a middle rusher if we wanted to. In the 34 if you don't get pressure on the QB you are dead in the water, as we have seen. Need to get Peek involved, but not as a starter.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #30
SESupergenius

The blitz packages have been very mediocre and we just have not been agressive in that area. We are not fooling anyone. It wasn't until late that we sent more people and Green's time was diminished. Peek has to be able to cover as well as blitz hard because if Peek blitzed all the time then that doesn't do much for our scheme and it could be too easy for offensive coordinators to pick up on that. Peek will thrive late this year and blossom next year. Babin is solid but he is still a rookie and good enough to beat out Peek.
Old 09-27-2004   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, shoot. Let's just go to a 2-5 defense.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #32
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek was untouched both times through the line, so it's not like he made some slick move on the RT to get through. They were both blitz packages. Besides, Babin is starting this sunday against Oakland.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #33
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

some complain that peek is not good on the run but when he is in there he brings a lot more intensity to our defence like Ray Lewis does to the Ravens. I think we need to give him a chance to start and see how consistent he can be.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #34
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
some complain that peek is not good on the run but when he is in there he brings a lot more intensity to our defence like Ray Lewis does to the Ravens. I think we need to give him a chance to start and see how consistent he can be.
I don't think that will happen right now. The Texans have too much invested in Babin to bench him on the 4th game of the season. Besides, the only way he's going to get better is by playing games and making mistakes.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #35
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
People complain that Peek isn't good against the run but we also haven't been good against the run with him on the bench. I say don't give him the start but start bringing him in more and moving him around from left to right when you sub with him. Keeps our starters fresh, and doesn't allow the offense to know whether he is blitzing or not.

Oh yeah, by the way. Foreman has been playing alot better and I don't think anybody noticed because of Peek's plays but Foreman made a statement tackle late in the game that I believed sparked this defense late and made me realize, we just may see our real defense back now. It was on KCs last drive. I don't know if it was second or third down but he came flying by to finish a tackle and it was a pretty hard hit. When he got up, he didn't help the other guy up but gave him this nasty look. It was a look I had seen before. I believe it was the look he had when we played Pittsburgh our first year, when he was staring down the offense from our defensive huddle. I hope I am right. I would love to see our defense take over a game with the offense we have.

Last edited by El Tejano; 09-28-2004 at 02:38 PM.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #36
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

You are correct. Foreman has been playing the best ball I have seen him play. Might be motivated by the thought of going to second team in favor of Wong in the middle. Whatever the reason, I hope it continues. One thing about a defense, they feed off of each others success and level of play. Need the intensity to turn up and I think they will be "OK" as long as we attack, rather than react to what the offense is doing.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #37
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they will start to unleash our defense a little more now. I get the impression the defense has been hiding some things.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #38
Txnpride
Veteran

Default Anyone else think Peek >>>>

Does anyone else on the forum think Peek should get the start sunday?I know we have alot vested in Babin,but Peek seems to be a step or two faster then Babin..Its all about QB pressure,and I think we have a better shot with Peek out there.Oakland has a massive line....speed kills If a thread of this nature has already been started,I apologize
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #39
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txnpride
Does anyone else on the forum think Peek should get the start sunday?I know we have alot vested in Babin,but Peek seems to be a step or two faster then Babin..Its all about QB pressure,and I think we have a better shot with Peek out there.Oakland has a massive line....speed kills If a thread of this nature has already been started,I apologize
It's not all about QB pressure. The reason he hasn't been out there much to this point is because every team in the league knows that any misdirection to his side means a free ride down the sideline. If he becomes a little more disciplined, then I think we will and should see him more on passing downs- though I think Babin has looked pretty good with the exception of the KC game. And, in fairness, they are the best OL in football. Let's not forget, Peek was left unblocked on his sack. It looked to me like KC expected him to get sucked in on the run action and when he didn't, he was free to tee off on TGreen.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004   #40
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

all i'm gonna say is this...you put performance before potential

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read