Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2006   #1
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Default Motion creates Emotion: Kubiak and crew are stale

I see these other new coaches in the league with fire and intensity in their eyes and actions. Kubiak reminds me a little of Capers. Just chillin out with a disappointed look on his face, taking notes. Kubiak needs to get fired up. He needs to become more animated. Show some passion, dude. The only other new coach as stale as Kubiak is Art Shell, and you see how successful he is right now. We need heart and a never say die spirit. We don't have either right now. I truly hope things get better.
Jawja Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Motion creates Emotion: Kubiak and crew are stale

I think he is just evaluating who he wants to keep on the team. It's pretty obvious that we dont have very many good players, and I would probably say we have the least amount of talent on our roster next to the Raiders.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #3
Rightnow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawja Texan View Post
I see these other new coaches in the league with fire and intensity in their eyes and actions. Kubiak reminds me a little of Capers. Just chillin out with a disappointed look on his face, taking notes. Kubiak needs to get fired up. He needs to become more animated. Show some passion, dude. The only other new coach as stale as Kubiak is Art Shell, and you see how successful he is right now. We need heart and a never say die spirit. We don't have either right now. I truly hope things get better.
He's just not that kind of coach. Besides, Richard Smith screams at the defense and they are 32nd in the NFL right now. Perhaps he just needs to scream a bit louder?
Old 10-17-2006   #4
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Good point. But I just would hope that he would show a little more emotion. He doesn't have to scream, but I would like to see something besides a blank stare.
Old 10-17-2006   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Like gun play maybe? Missed a tackle? BANG...Offsides...BANG

Your old enough to remember Art Shell and his first go around coaching the Raiders, hardly a quiet coach and very intimidating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure that I can think of a more overrated thing in sports. For every firey, outward emotion guy there is a stone faced general type to counter who is just as successful.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #7
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

We take a coach for what he does in week 6, it's bull**** bull***!

The coaches are who we thought they were! Now if you want to brand them emotionless, then brand them! But they are who we thought they are!

<<closes message board window, vigorously>>
Old 10-17-2006   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is stupid.

Signed,

Tom Landry
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #9
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
We take a coach for what he does in week 6, it's bull**** bull***!

The coaches are who we thought they were! Now if you want to brand them emotionless, then brand them! But they are who we thought they are!

<<closes message board window, vigorously>>

I like it
Old 10-17-2006   #10
DreDaMan05
Rookie

I agree with you Jawja, he could show a little emotion maybe not on the field but off the field. Do like Dennis Green slap the mic and walk off before cussing out the media. It shows passion and it also tells the team that some heads is about to roll if they don't get in gear!!!!
DreDaMan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #11
Jawja Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDaMan05 View Post
I agree with you Jawja, he could show a little emotion maybe not on the field but off the field. Do like Dennis Green slap the mic and walk off before cussing out the media. It shows passion and it also tells the team that some heads is about to roll if they don't get in gear!!!!
Exactly! For the love of God, show something! Anything! Get excited! Light a fire under the players' behinds! Get them motivated! This team needs someone who can show the tough love, be animated, and who has a pulse!

Old 10-17-2006   #12
sleepwalker
Veteran

That's just not his personality....You can tell he's pretty quiet by the way he always looks toward the ground when he speaks....That's just the way he is and I don't mind that at all.

Kubiak is holding himself accountable for a mess he didn't create...The fact that he hasn't driven himself off a cliff is enough for me...Besides, stone faced is good in my opinion.
sleepwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #13
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawja Texan View Post
Please watch him more often.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I could not resist the urge to pull this back-up. Obviously, it is only one week later, but the coach with all the fire motivated his team to a rear kicking to a previously winless team and one step closer to his own joblessness.

The boring guy coached his team to the easily its best, most complete game in two years and one of the better wins in the Texans relatively short history.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #15
Sportsfan
All Pro

I guess you didn't catch Texans: Inside the Game last night on channel 13.
They showed pretty much his whole locker room speech after the game and he was fired up I tell ya. He does seem a little reserved but we don't see him on the field and in the locker room a lot. Either way it doesn't bother me. I say if you can do a better job, then get after it buddy.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #16
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
I guess you didn't catch Texans: Inside the Game last night on channel 13.
They showed pretty much his whole locker room speech after the game and he was fired up I tell ya. He does seem a little reserved but we don't see him on the field and in the locker room a lot. Either way it doesn't bother me. I say if you can do a better job, then get after it buddy.
well stated but wasted ........ not what he wanted to hear ....
Old 10-23-2006   #17
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Super Bowl winning coaches whose emotions are not worn on sleeve:

Chuck Noll -- 4 Super Bowl wins
Bill Belichick -- 3 Super Bowl wins
Joe Gibbs -- 3 Super Bowl wins
Bill Walsh -- 3 Super Bowl wins
George Seifert -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Tom Flores -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Tom Landry -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Mike Shanahan -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Don Shula -- 2 Super Bowl wins (and still the only coach to go undefeated one complete season)
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #18
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Super Bowl winning coaches whose emotions are not worn on sleeve:

Chuck Noll -- 4 Super Bowl wins
Bill Belichick -- 3 Super Bowl wins
Joe Gibbs -- 3 Super Bowl wins
Bill Walsh -- 3 Super Bowl wins
George Seifert -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Tom Flores -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Tom Landry -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Mike Shanahan -- 2 Super Bowl wins
Don Shula -- 2 Super Bowl wins (and still the only coach to go undefeated one complete season)

you're ruining this thread .....
Old 10-23-2006   #19
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
you're ruining this thread .....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006   #20
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDaMan05 View Post
Yeah..Greens methods have Oakland playoff bound for sure..

Pay attention DreDa..heads have been rolling since before training camp..

Todays roster bears little resemblance to the one we finished up with last season .

It isn't necessary to make a spectacle of yourself or the players you choose to release to be successful.

JMHO though

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read