Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Default Why are Texans fans brainwashed?

I just don't get it. We have been AWFUL since our induction into the league and all our fan base does is make excuses. It makes no sense. Maybe this is why our team is a laughing stock, b/c the fans tolerate it.

Week after week it's pathetic to see our team get POUNDED and written off by all the other NFL franchises. "Oh it's just the Texans, that's an easy win".

And then to add insult to injury every week another move blows up in our face.

Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Bennie Joppru, Jabar Gaffney, John Wells, Tony Hollings, Phillip Buchanon all RELEASED or LET GO.

These were ALL either high draft picks or huge free agents deals that we got NOTHING for.

Then to this day the majority of people on this board REFUSE to admit that passing on Reggie Bush was the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made, and one of the stupidest decisions in NFL history.

Forget stats and compaing Reggie and Mario, look at what really counts... THE RESULTS!

The Texans are 1-4, just as bad or worse than last year. And our defense (that Mario was supposed to ANCHOR) is last in the NFL.

The Saints are a LEGIT 5-1 (beating a team that manhandled us) and their offense is one of the best in the league.

How do you defend that? Where are your excuses? I'm just sick of it.

And go ahead, bash me, tell me how stupid I am, and make more excuses for them.... PROVE my POINT!
Old 10-17-2006   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why are Texans fans brainwashed?

Well this has to be the king of useless threads--"disagree with me and prove I'm right." Nice self-definitional delusion.
Old 10-17-2006   #3
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well this has to be the king of useless threads--"disagree with me and prove I'm right." Nice self-definitional delusion.
Quit making excuses!!!!

BTW, that's a hell of an avatar for a Reggie Bush pimp.
Old 10-17-2006   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
I just don't get it. We have been AWFUL since our induction into the league and all our fan base does is make excuses. It makes no sense. Maybe this is why our team is a laughing stock, b/c the fans tolerate it.
I take from this you'll be suiting up Sunday? Can I request a few things?
I'd like to see alot of pressure from you on the opposing QB, and then when you're on offense, can you find the right hole and get us some yards? Please be sure to have some field vision as quarterback, because I'm sure someone else is open besides AJ, and finally, when standing on the sideline as the coach, holler alot and look emotional. This is a sure sign of a coach with a clue I ask of you all these things as a "tolerant fan"
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
Old 10-17-2006   #5
Jerry Jones
Rookie

the guy is right, you are the laughingstocks of nfl..."and with the first pick in the 2007 nfl draft, The Houston Junior High Texans select....
Old 10-17-2006   #6
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Your Cowboy love is bigger than that sock in your pants..do us all a favor and go home troll.
Old 10-17-2006   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's Busted Carr View Post
How do we tolerate it exactly? What do you propose we do? Not go to the games? Boo? Tell the team to take a hike? We tried that once already. See what it got us.

Quote:
Todd Wade, Robaire Smith, Bennie Joppru, Jabar Gaffney, John Wells, Tony Hollings, Phillip Buchanon all RELEASED or LET GO.
Those are fine reasons why Cass and Co. are no longer here. These are past mistakes that are getting corrected.

Next.

Quote:
Then to this day the majority of people on this board REFUSE to admit that passing on Reggie Bush was the biggest mistake this franchise has ever made, and one of the stupidest decisions in NFL history.
There is nothing to admit to. Williams was still the right choice. McCallister is still the starting running back, out preforming Bush, and having one hell of a season like he normally does. Bush isn't the key to the Saints. Brees and Colston along with Horn are the reasons they are winning. Oh not to mention they have a D that can hold onto leads.

Want to know what happens if you are all offense and no D? See Arizona Cardinals.

Quote:
The Texans are 1-4, just as bad or worse than last year. And our defense (that Mario was supposed to ANCHOR) is last in the NFL.
Its all Mario's fault. If only he could play safety.....and OLB......and safety......he already plays tackle too.
Quote:
The Saints are a LEGIT 5-1 (beating a team that manhandled us) and their offense is one of the best in the league.
Some say its VY who created drops of sunshine, but really I think it was Bush.
Quote:
I just listed them.

My Mom says you should get some rest when you are sick.

Quote:
And go ahead, bash me, tell me how stupid I am, and make more excuses for them.... PROVE my POINT!
OK.

Have a bright and sunshiny day.

Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2006   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I feel your pain and agree that the Texans are an embarassing outfit currently with little hope of a swift turnaround.

However, this season we were somewhat doomed to failure. The defense is woefully untalented and the offense, though greatly improved, is still prone to key mistakes/penalties and turnovers. Drafting Mario was destined to get you less immediate impact and with our revolving door policy on veteran players we were destined to suck on defense...yet again.

As to your comment about everyone being brainwashed, I don't know if its that bad. Some people just support their team and rarely criticize even in really bad times (like now). Just wait a few more years of this brand and quality of football and I think we may see a few more unhappy campers around here and far less in Reliant's seats. I myself am on the fence this year because Kubiak has done pretty well with the Carr experiment and the schedule has been pretty rough. It's still early but the early returns are pretty disappointing.

We need a little luck in this next draft and hope that some of our youngsters (t.johnston, mario, demeco, dunta, cc, earl) can gel over time and turn us into a quality defense. As bad as things may seem, IT CAN BE DONE, only 4 years ago the Bears were embarassing and had little talent on either side of the ball. They made some good draft picks and some good resignings/FA moves and are now the talk of the NFL. I hope we try and emulate the Bears recent moves by going for defense first and then hoping the offense can do enough to start winning consistently, as I think its the way to go and less of a crapshoot.

Try and stay positive man, it could be a really long season...

doug from the woodlands
Old 10-17-2006   #9
texflex513
All Pro

The saints O LINE is 20 times better than ours. Thats just one reason. There are many more but i will let others state the rest. I love my team i will forever stay optimistic no matter how bad we are and that does not mean i am brainwashed because i know how horrible we are lol.

X1000
Old 10-17-2006   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Week after week it's pathetic to see our team get POUNDED and written off by all the other NFL franchises. "Oh it's just the Texans, that's an easy win".

And then to add insult to injury every week another move blows up in our face.

These were ALL either high draft picks or huge free agents deals that we got NOTHING for.

Forget stats and compaing Reggie and Mario, look at what really counts... THE RESULTS!

OK. Let me prove your point. Reggie Bush has been a good wide receiver and returner. Much better than I expected. As a running back, not so much. RB is not the reason the Saints are 5-1. The Saints are 5-1 because they've got a very good defense and because of Brees, McAllister, Colston, and Horn. RB is a very, very small part of that. I still think they made a mistake in picking him 2nd and I'm glad we didn't take him first. He would have been a Kijana Carter like bust.

Now... are the Texans a laughingstock? Yes, unfortunately they are. Are we happy about it? No. Are we "tolerating" it? Huh? How do you "not" tolerate it? We're fans. We're not the front office or the coaching staff. Do you stop being a fan because they suck and make bad moves? Are you saying that none of us should be cheering for our team? Are you brain damaged? It's not like we can make them make good moves or go back in time and stop them from making bad ones. We're reaping the rewards of years of incompetence. But they're still our team come hell and high water.

PBuch? No one's going to trade us anything for him. Joppru and all the others? Why should anyone trade us anything for those guys? They KNOW we're going to cut them and all they have to do is wait. How successful have those guys been since we let them go?

Try to make some sense before you post a BS message like this.
Old 10-17-2006   #11
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I didn't know I was brainwashed...

I thought it was the buzz from the valiums I take every Sunday and Monday...
Old 10-17-2006   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

There is nothing to admit to. Williams was still the right choice. McCallister is still the starting running back, out preforming Bush, and having one hell of a season like he normally does. Bush isn't the key to the Saints. Brees and Colston along with Horn are the reasons they are winning. Oh not to mention they have a D that can hold onto leads.

Want to know what happens if you are all offense and no D? See Arizona Cardinals.
Did you watch the Monday Night game?

The Bears offense could only get a field goal, so the Arizona D did it's job!

The Arizona D forced six turnovers, held the Bears to 34 yards rushing and 134 yards passing. Meanwhile, the Arizona offense gave up two defensive touchdowns and had great field position several times because of the Arizona defense and only got field goals.

The blame is on the offense (but they were playing the Bears D, give them a break) and special teams because of the punt return for TD.

You got this one totally backwards!
Old 10-17-2006   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Who's really brainwashed? The long-suffering fan who sticks with his/her team because they've just accepted that as their lot in life...

...or the guy who can't get over Reggie Bush.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 10-17-2006   #14
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

"offense, though greatly improved..."

"These are past mistakes that are getting corrected."

Looking at the results of our first 5 games, how can the above be said? First, how is the offense greatly improved? Second, which past mistakes are getting corrected? I gotta hear the answers to these .....
Old 10-17-2006   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Yeah, you can't stop being a fan because the team sucks. If you are not happy with product you vote with your feet and your wallet. McNair's investment is free falling in value as we speak and the more no-shows he gets the less money he makes and the less he can charge for ads, sponsorships, endorsements, etc. McNair is not a moron, he knows that the buzz is dying and the franchise is in pretty bad shape. Expect short leashes for this regime.

Speaking of short leashes, we need to put our whole defensive staff on one right now....the lack of defense is a joke.
Old 10-17-2006   #16
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
"offense, though greatly improved..."

Looking at the results of our first 5 games, how can the above be said? First, how is the offense greatly improved? Second, which past mistakes are getting corrected? I gotta hear the answers to these .....
The offense especially Carr has greatly improved from last years embarassing form. Regretfully, it didnt take much to improve from last year. The passing game is far superior this year and we have far less rushing talent compared to last year. We would have addressed our RB needs at the draft if there would have been any good RBs in the draft.....

I stand by my opinion that our offense is better this year though I am not satisfied or pleased with the outfit as a whole.

Doug ftw
Old 10-17-2006   #17
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
The Texans are 1-4, just as bad or worse than last year. And our defense is last in the NFL.
The Saints are a LEGIT 5-1.
What would you have us do? Burn down the stadium?
I don't know what you mean by Texan fans tolerating being bad. I've seen many posts on this site complaining about the drafting and free agents. I've heard complainng on the radio shows. We complained so much, they fired Casserly and Capers and his inept staff. I think this was because of fan backlash.
Passing on Reggie Bush was not nearly the biggest mistake this franchise has made. That would be either the Babin deal or the Buchanon deal.
The Saints are a legit 5-1 this year. You are right. But Bush has little to do with it. Deuce is running wild, and Bush is not. They have the same O-line.
To say Bush is better than Mario purely based on the team's record is laughable. The Texan's D blows because of weak LB's, very weak DB's, and overall weak D-Line play. This is because of horrible drafting by the guys we fired! They are gone. We did not tolerate it.
Now there will be some growing pains because Kubiak is now getting rid of the dead wood Casserly gave us. That's called "not tolerating it".
But, even though the team is bad, I'm still going to tailgate and enjoy the games. We'll upset some people this year, you'll see. And, we can't get worse! Can we?
Old 10-17-2006   #18
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Jones View Post
the guy is right, you are the laughingstocks of nfl..."and with the first pick in the 2007 nfl draft, The Houston Junior High Texans select....
The Texans have the same chance as Dallas of going to the Super Bowl this year. ZERO.
Philly, New Orleans, Seattle, Chicago, Carolina are clearly better than the Cowboys.
You keep riding them 5 Super Bowls, you won't see another soon.
Old 10-17-2006   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Did you watch the Monday Night game?

The Bears offense could only get a field goal, so the Arizona D did it's job!

The Arizona D forced six turnovers, held the Bears to 34 yards rushing and 134 yards passing. Meanwhile, the Arizona offense gave up two defensive touchdowns and had great field position several times because of the Arizona defense and only got field goals.

The blame is on the offense (but they were playing the Bears D, give them a break) and special teams because of the punt return for TD.

You got this one totally backwards!
I am super ecstatic that is all you go from that.

Really, you should see the joy on my face.

Old 10-17-2006   #20
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
We'll upset some people this year, you'll see. And, we can't get worse! Can we?
Dang, I wished you wouldn't have said that. We still have Tennessee and Oakland to play...

Don't go jinxing us yet....

Must be time for another couple of valiums...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read