Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2006   #1
DreDaMan05
Rookie

Default Texans need to learn from Cards!!!

Cards played with a passion last night, with a nice mix up of offensive plays which you seen screens, short passes, long passes. Playing against a better team last night you would have not known until the 4th quarter. The players had that fire in their eye which the Texans should have had against the Cowgirls. By all means it was a rival game that we had two weeks to prepare for. The Cards running game was shut down the whole night so what did they do, put Lienert in shotgun and they played to win not afraid to lose. Defense get an attitude come up with a nickname and try to make Sportscenter with every bonecrushing tackle you make (see Urlacher sp?)Texans should open up the playbook for Carr with deep and short passes. And the team need to show passion, when losing throw a helmet down at the end of the game, Kubiak be more like Dennis Green and cuss out the media after a loss and storm out and call out the players if they not doing good. Show me some emotions Texans show me that you can't stand losing anymore. Get mad and play do something!!!:brickwall
DreDaMan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #2
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default Re: Texans need to learn from Cards!!!

"I didn't go to sleep (Sunday night), because I was trying to figure out what happened in the second half against the Cowboys."

As soon as Gary figures out what 'happened,' he'll get back to us--but, remember, he said the same thing about our 2nd half against the Eagles--so give him some time...:brickwall :brickwall
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

6 turnovers, 2 sacks, 2 defensive touchdowns, and a punt return for a touchdown would've gone a long way on Sunday....
Old 10-17-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't know if I want the Texans to lose a game like the Cards did last night. It's bad enough to have a losing record 7 straight seasons. But to be up 23-3 at the half against the Bears on MNF, and then to choke like they did in the second half . .

They should have won that game, plain and simple . . just like the Oilers should have won that game against Buffalo.

Letdowns like that are hard to erase.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #5
DreDaMan05
Rookie

Even if the Cards lost in a painful way while lets admit it they choke, they played with passion and was in the game for four quarters which I rather the Texans would lose like. Instead of that bashing the Cowgirls gave us. For goodness sake Romo threw a touchdown against us, that right there should have made Kubiak go off during the press conference. I am just sick of these blow outs and then the Texans getting up for press conference and act like they don't care. Most high school kids play with more emotions than the Texans and I am sick of it.:brickwall But I can't stop rooting for them I'm a Texans fan for life.
Old 10-17-2006   #6
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cardinals are the very last organization the Texans should emulate. I'll stick with the Broncos.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #7
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
The Cardinals are the very last organization the Texans should emulate. I'll stick with the Broncos.
Are we emulating the Broncos? They have a running game.
Old 10-17-2006   #8
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
"I didn't go to sleep (Sunday night), because I was trying to figure out what happened in the second half against the Cowboys."

As soon as Gary figures out what 'happened,' he'll get back to us--but, remember, he said the same thing about our 2nd half against the Eagles--so give him some time...:brickwall :brickwall

My take on what happened Sunday. Got to see the debacle live in person.

They had 3rd and bout 4 yds. They ran the play, we stopped them. They got a motion penalty. The fans started booing Bledsoe and TO half way into the FIRST quarter. when TO slipped down on a pass play, they really started the booing. Anyway needless to say we had a guy dilly dallying getting off the field, too many men on the field penality. They penalties offsetted each other, re-play the down. Instead of 4th and a field goal to tie it 6-6, they got the first down. Next play TO got his first TD of the game. They fans went wild. They were so loud. The team got pumped for the crowd noise. They were cutting up, waving for the fans, they were pumped and started kicking our butts.

Just wonder if they had just got a field goal instead of that first down and TD, would it have been different.

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #9
Frills
Veteran

Must be nice living in a fantasy land where you can change philosophies and personnel overnight.

It takes awhile to rebuild. Knee jerk reactions will get nowhere.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I really don't know if I want the Texans to lose a game like the Cards did last night. It's bad enough to have a losing record 7 straight seasons. But to be up 23-3 at the half against the Bears on MNF, and then to choke like they did in the second half . .

They should have won that game, plain and simple . . just like the Oilers should have won that game against Buffalo.

Letdowns like that are hard to erase.

I am going to pretend that you didn't bring that up!!!!
Old 10-17-2006   #11
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

It's really hard being a Texan fan, but I think ppl are reaching at this point if were looking up to the Cards.
Dennis Green might not even have a job after this season.

Kubiak just needs a B-12 shot in hisbutt, a great draft,,,ahh never mind...we need another 3 drafts to get this figured out.

:brickwall I guess reality just set in.
Old 10-17-2006   #12
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills View Post
Must be nice living in a fantasy land where you can change philosophies and personnel overnight.

It takes awhile to rebuild. Knee jerk reactions will get nowhere.
...so true, especially when you change personnel and philosophies on a daily basis
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #13
DreDaMan05
Rookie

Ok the Cards was a bad team to mention, but I just love the emotion they played with. I love the emotion that Dennis Green had after the game. They really wanted to win that game against the undefeated Bears. And they should have won. Did you see the Texans or Kubiak act like that Sunday? And write this down if Matt Lienart show that much passion every Sunday the Cardinals will get really good real quick!!
Old 10-17-2006   #14
DreDaMan05
Rookie

Would you like Carr to have passing plays like Lienert had? They need to open up the playbook 5 wideouts, 3 wideouts, mix it up.
Old 10-17-2006   #15
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreDaMan05 View Post
Ok the Cards was a bad team to mention, but I just love the emotion they played with. I love the emotion that Dennis Green had after the game. They really wanted to win that game against the undefeated Bears. And they should have won. Did you see the Texans or Kubiak act like that Sunday? And write this down if Matt Lienart show that much passion every Sunday the Cardinals will get really good real quick!!
I thought the Cards found a way to lose instead of a way to win. Was a good game, and I really thought they were going to pull it out. But Dennis Green got conservative instead of blasting away at the Bears. They had the Bears so confused. I still can't believe they lost that game...
Old 10-17-2006   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

What is there to learn...Kris Brown is already capable of shanking potential game winning or game tying FGs.
Errant Hothy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #17
srstex
Veteran

When you lose by 1 or 2 you know you matched the other team, but we have lost every game by doulbe digits, and that hurts worse. I am so disappointed in the play calling of the Texans, I believe this team will self distruct like last year, when everyone knew, no-one had a clue, as to how to win a game on the coaching staff. Kubiak is the one in fantasy land changing RB at the drop of a hat since the pre-season, he knew he was going to let these guys go then, and now we are lost. As for the Complete Back, Willie Parker was an unrestricted/undrafted free agent, that's a pick-up a GOOD Gm can find.
So where's ours?
Old 10-17-2006   #18
SESupergenius

The Texans should take a closer look at what the Bears did, win the game with Special teams and defense. Their offense wasn't even helping them.
Old 10-17-2006   #19
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
The Texans should take a closer look at what the Bears did, win the game with Special teams and defense. Their offense wasn't even helping them.
Exactly! I don't think the Cards choked at all, except for Rackers. Urlacher played like a man possessed!! Kinda reminded me of our game against the Steelers a couple years ago. Defenses DO win games!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #20
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Yeah, I was surprised by the score last night as well. Didn't watch the game, but to see the Cardinals almost take on from the Bears? This year? Are you kidding me?
As for our problems, yes we need a better running game, but I still we can win at least three to four more games this year, which is saying a lot for a team with a new coach and in a rebuilding phase.
OrangeCountyTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read