Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-16-2006   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Lenard Davis Trade............

ESPN said they are trying to move him, what do you think? How healthy will Spencer be when he gets back? He has got a big contract but heck this would improve our run game and cutting loose Buc made some room.

And dont tell me he is too big, cause he moves pretty well from what I have seen tonight.

Would you give a 4th or 3rd for this guy? 5th heck yes.

Quote:
Davis is massive and powerful, and he moves well for his size. He is the league's strongest left tackle. He can engulf defenders and wear down pass-rushing ends in the run game. He is effective in pass protection against power and straight-line rushers.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #2
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Lenard Davis Trade............

The way he's playing RIGHT NOW against the Bears.......hell yes!!!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #3
brewhaus
All Pro

Thumbs up Re: Lenard Davis Trade............

I have been watching him since this thread popped up. He does move pretty well and I haven't seen anyone get by him yet, which is saying something considering this is supposed to be the premier defense in the NFL.
Old 10-17-2006   #4
texan_b
Rookie

Default Re: Lenard Davis Trade............

dont be shocked if he ends up a raven
texan_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #5
AtheGreat
Veteran

I'd love to see a decent, healthy Davis on the team this year. I'd give up a 4-5 rounder for him. Would be better than anything else we could get that late.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Leonard Davis can barely move...he is overweight even for him. He is part of the reason the Cards have a bad line...no thanks.
I'm sorry I tried to get to you before Vinny did to warn you that when I brought this up, Vinny computer slapped me. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!

Looking over though, Vinny was correct!!!! I'll pass. Let's keep in mind our draft for this year when we got Winston, maybe some Denver guys will pop up and perhaps we get another good one in the draft.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Leonard Davis can barely move...he is overweight even for him. He is part of the reason the Cards have a bad line...no thanks.
he's an all-pro and the best thing they got.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2006   #8
texansfaninca8892
Rookie

Well, he would improve the O-Line, but is he really worth the money?
Old 10-17-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No way man I saw what I saw yesterday, he could stand to loose some wieght but I saw him pancake plenty of people, one of which was Brian Urlacher. He is not part of the lines problems in Arizona, name another guy on their line.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
No way man I saw what I saw yesterday, he could stand to loose some wieght but I saw him pancake plenty of people, one of which was Brian Urlacher. He is not part of the lines problems in Arizona, name another guy on their line.

Milford Brown
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89797 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm probably the most vocal person on this board about doing anything necessary to help this line. that being said, i wouldnt take davis.
Old 10-18-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Davis a G, and as Vinny said, he's probably overweight even for that position. He has no business playing T. We're pretty set at G IMO. Unless we were trying to move Pitts back out to T, there's no reason to pick up Davis. Not a need.
Old 10-18-2006   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Davis a G, and as Vinny said, he's probably overweight even for that position. He has no business playing T. We're pretty set at G IMO. Unless we were trying to move Pitts back out to T, there's no reason to pick up Davis. Not a need.
On top of all that I think he is a free agent at seasons end.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #14
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would you guys want Davis? He and the rest of that line sucks. I think a memeber (DraconisRex) on the 49er board put it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconisRex on Leonard Davis
Being tall, fat and over-hyped only makes you tall, fat and overhyped, not a good tackle.
Anway, Davis is just mediocre in pass coverage and despite being huge can't even push people in the run game. In addition, he led the NFL in false starts last year, racking up 12.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
he's an all-pro and the best thing they got.
When did he make the all pro team? That's the elite honor in the NFL....I'll wait on the reply.
Make the All-Pro team? Heck, when did he make the Pro Bowl team?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
He made the all rookie team playing guard. Otherwise nada.
Old 10-19-2006   #17
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

He's a favorite of mine because of his background and personality. But I'm not delusional about his abilities.

I was at the Arizona/Dallas game last year. At the end of the game, Demarcus Ware bullrushed Davis and shoved him back into the QB causing an INT. It was the most impressive play I saw Ware make all season.

Getting bullrushed is one thing. But if you're 6'6, 360, you've got no business getting pushed around by somebody that's over 100 lbs lighter than you.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he's a great guard.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #19
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
I could be wrong but I think he made the pro-bowl last year (probably just because he was chosen 2nd overall in the draft) as an alternate. Not saying much though considering Michael Vick and Julian Peterson made the pro-bowl last year.

Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 10-19-2006 at 11:21 PM.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
I could be worng but I think he made the pro-bowl last year (probably just because he was chosen 2nd overall in the draft) as an alternate. Not saying much though considering Michael Vick and Julian Peterson made the pro-bowl last year.
No he did not make it last year. The NFC tackles were Jones, Pace and Samuels.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read