Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2006   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default More bad news . . injuries

According to Kubes on the radio . .

Seth Payne - done for the year
Travis Johnson - sprained knee
Ron Dayne - sprained knee
Glen Earl - sprained neck
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More bad news . . injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

This can only help our team.
Old 10-16-2006   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Did not even notice Dayne in trouble, must be a small bump.

Payne, that's real bad...
Old 10-16-2006   #4
Dunta_23
All Pro

Hopefully Dayne is out for a while
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Did not even notice Dayne in trouble, must be a small bump.

Payne, that's real bad...
WOW Payne's out..................man I betcha he hates he got rid of Robaire Smith.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #6
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl is lucky to come away with a sprain. That play was pretty ugly.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #7
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle View Post
Earl is lucky to come away with a sprain. That play was pretty ugly.
After watching the replay, it could've been so much worse.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2006   #8
Texans86
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
You know it's bad when you want your starting running back out for a significant amount of time.
Old 10-16-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
I never root for a player to get injured....but Im with you on this one....
Old 10-16-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I am as well. I am hoping for a full recovery health wise, but I want him on the bench.
Old 10-16-2006   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

so who then? Lundy and Gado?
Old 10-16-2006   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Seth Payne - done for the year
Travis Johnson - sprained knee
I guess Chris taylor is up next Huh?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

'Tis a sad day for your football team when you look at the injury report and say "Alright!"
Old 10-16-2006   #14
O.G.
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to O.G. Send a message via Yahoo to O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86 View Post
You know it's bad when you want your starting running back out for a significant amount of time.
I think it's time to put Chris Taylor in or give one guy a shot and stick with him. You can't get any contuity going if you don't. Hick bring back Wells.
Old 10-16-2006   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Dayne boo-boo may just be more of a face saver to get Lundy or Taylor inolved.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #16
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Injuries, hopefully thats about it for the injurys, if not, we may be looking at a 1-15 season

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #17
texan_fan_8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I personally keep hoping something happens that Carr has to sit out a week or two.

I really really really believe that attitude has alot to do with winning and Carr does nothing to foster a winning attitude. I feel the only way Rosenfelds gets the start is if Carr gets hurt. I think they need to try this. But they won't.

They have nothing to lose by trying it. /sigh
texan_fan_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr has been doing very well and the last thing I want to see is him on the bench when he is just starting to show his capabilities..he needs to be out there continuing to learn the system and growing as a QB.

His "attitude" is just fine.. or didnt you notice him getting angry when things went wrong? He wants to win.

Id like to see Gado and Lundy getting more playing time.. I feel that Taylor was taken out of the starting line up for a reason though. When things are going badly..fans tend to grasp at straws and want to see everyone sitting on the bench starting. They feel that there may be some guy that will come in and be a superstar. Im guilty of it as well.. but I dont think Taylor is the answer to the running game.. fact of the matter is that our Oline is not doing well in run blocking at all.. and no amount of talent at RB is gonna fix our running game.

Payne and TJ are the big losses.. we are thin on players and talent on the Dline. Glenn Earl I think we will be alright without.. hes a solid player but not a difference maker.

I dunno how we are gonna piece together a line for the rest of the season.. hopefully TJ is back quickly..otherwise we are gonna have to put Mario at DT just so that we have a body at every spot.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #19
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_fan_8 View Post
I personally keep hoping something happens that Carr has to sit out a week or two.

I really really really believe that attitude has alot to do with winning and Carr does nothing to foster a winning attitude. I feel the only way Rosenfelds gets the start is if Carr gets hurt. I think they need to try this. But they won't.

They have nothing to lose by trying it. /sigh
Interesting concept of problem solving... our defense sucks, we can't run the ball. Answer; put in the back up quarterback.

Bizzare.
Old 10-17-2006   #20
Rightnow
Veteran

Wonder who will play for Glen Earl?

Guss Scott

5-10 205 lbs.

Draft: 2004 - 3rd round (32nd pick) by the New England Patriots

Ah yes, a third or fourth string safety that was cut by the Patriots after one season. I thought Earl was bad...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read