Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which former Texan do you miss most right now?
Aaron Glenn 46 52.87%
Jonathon Wells 7 8.05%
Tony Boselli 4 4.60%
Jamie Sharper 29 33.33%
Tony Banks 1 1.15%
Gary Walker 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2006   #1
Chrispy
Rookie

Default Who do you miss most?

Which former Texan do you miss most right now?
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #2
Rightnow
Veteran

Default Re: Who do you miss most?

Steve Foley and Aaron Glen in their primes.
Old 10-16-2006   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Stevens. If only Matt were here, I could blame it all on him.
Old 10-16-2006   #4
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Aaron Glenn and Jamie Sharper, removing them is what put us in this messed up situation, atleast thats what I think

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #5
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he was healthy, no doubt Tony Boseli
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #6
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss Glenn & Sharper about equally. I can't help but think that having some veteran leadership that could have been here for a few seasons would help this team tremendously at this point. Did that make sense? Having veterans who have been with the team a while would help us out greatly at this point. Better? I think that Robinson having Glenn for a few seasons instead of one would have done wonders for his developement and would help him work on some techniques, and Sharper would give some much needed advice to some of our LB's, muchless he would be an upgrade over Greenwood IMHO. I would like the Sharper/Wong/Ryans combo. We could reak havoc!!
Old 10-16-2006   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys realize that everyone on this list (except Glenn) is out of the league, right?
Old 10-16-2006   #8
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
Aaron Glenn and Jamie Sharper, removing them is what put us in this messed up situation, atleast thats what I think
Yep, it has all been downhill since then
Old 10-16-2006   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You guys realize that everyone on this list (except Glenn) is out of the league, right?
lol....strange poll. how do you miss a back up QB or a Tackle that never played a snap for you?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
lol....strange poll. how do you miss a back up QB or a Tackle that never played a snap for you?
Good point!
Old 10-16-2006   #11
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

All on the list are washed up. We need Robaire Smith right now. Waiving him was a huge mistake.
Old 10-16-2006   #12
Heywood
Veteran

boselli?

boselli?

i realize houstonians often substitute spin for reality, to comprehend the peculiarities of their existence there, but how can you "miss" a guy who wasted so much of the expansion draft opportunity and smoked so much of the salary cap he single-handedly set the texans back 2 years in their development?

i "miss" boselli like i miss that ingrown toenail the doctor was kind enough to remove.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Which, in a way, is better than what we have now: Carr and Salaam.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
They were both old, expensive and had lost a step, and both went on to other teams for a fraction of the salary we would have had to pay them to keep them and they did diddly squat for those other teams.

But with that said, they did seem to be leaders on the defensive side of the ball. But from what I hear from a NFL player having a "leader" in the locker room is overrated and just a bunch just BS that the media spoon feeds the fans. The coaches are all the leadership you need. At least that is what my one friend who played in the NFL told me (ps he did with a Superbowl ring w/ the Rams).

No one can argue that this team needs something.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #15
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
boselli?

boselli?

i realize houstonians often substitute spin for reality, to comprehend the peculiarities of their existence there, but how can you "miss" a guy who wasted so much of the expansion draft opportunity and smoked so much of the salary cap he single-handedly set the texans back 2 years in their development?

i "miss" boselli like i miss that ingrown toenail the doctor was kind enough to remove.
Personally I voted for Boselli. But I was voting more for the postition than the player. I was assuming we were talking about guys in their primes. You could easily argue he was the worst Texans player ever...considering he was a HUGE cap hit, never played a down, and cost the #1 pick in the expansion draft. But if he was the player that he was in Jax, I think he would be the guy we would need more than anyone else on that list.

Given that ALL of are running backs are running HORRIBLY, i am leaning towards the problem being the run blocking. But a good chunk of blame needs to go on our Running Backs shoulders too.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #16
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

How about "none of the above"?
Old 10-16-2006   #17
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
well foley was an unfortunate situation. marcus coleman was released yesterday. is there a miracle chance that we bring him in for a look at corner?
Old 10-16-2006   #18
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
well foley was an unfortunate situation. marcus coleman was released yesterday. is there a miracle chance that we bring him in for a look at corner?
that idea is very interesting to me.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #19
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

i mean in 2003 and 2004 he was very good. our defense has just 1 INT this yr!!! ONE!!! geeeesh
Old 10-16-2006   #20
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I would say theres a better chance of Dexter McCleon deciding to play well than of us bringing back Coleman and him actually succeeding at CB.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read