Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2006   #1
c5demon
Rookie

Default What about the Texans disappoints you the most?

The extension of David Carr? Draft Selection? The Defense? Secondary? Playcalling? No leadership? Lack of output on the field?
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What about the Texans disappoints you the most?

We gutted this team but kept the scouts....Fire Bobby Grier! That's what the Pats did when the Patriots became a decent team...perhaps we need to do it as well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #3
gab24m3
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to gab24m3

c5demon you hit the nail on the head!:brickwall
gab24m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #4
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

The lack of fight disappoints me the most. I hate watching this team crumble when they get down.
Old 10-16-2006   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont know which is worse , 17 rushing plays for a net total of 43 yards or the 140 rushing yards they gave up in the 3rd quarter alone . :brickwall

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest disappointment: Run game in the preseason, no run game in the regular season. By the time you figure out you have a problem, it is basically too late to fix. If they get the running game going, I will be amazed.

In the bigger scheme of things, I wish we had more experience in our defensive coordinator and our defensive backs coach positions.

I wish we had a coach that could coach the ZBS in the way that Denver does it.

You can't pick up all the personnel you need in one season. Both lines are a problem, and the defensive personnel is a mess.
Old 10-16-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Most disappointing? Almost no improvement, anywhere.
Old 10-16-2006   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that disappointments me the most . . is that we never win the trench battles . . even in the few games that we win.

I'm old school to a fault, and I don't apologize for that. I'm a firm believer that if you can beat the other team on the line of scrimmage, then you win. To me, it's that simple.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

lack of 2nd half effectivness. even with anemic offense 6 points in the first half the defense was aggressive and held the cowpokes to 3. somehow we need to figure a way to call the game after the first half

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I agree to a certain extent. It's kind of like we take a small step forward, then the next moment we take two huge steps backwards. It's embarrassing being a Texan fan sometimes.
Old 10-16-2006   #11
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Running game and I guess some coaching and playcalling so far. I can't believe we didn't throw at Watkins yesterday. Did our coaches not see him get lit up like a Marion Berry crackpipe against the Eagles? I was at the game yesterday and I don't remember our receivers running anything deeper than intermediate. Also, let em drop Kubs and do something with 35 seconds left and one timeout instead of giving it to Ron Dayne 1.0 ........................
Old 10-16-2006   #12
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5demon View Post
The extension of David Carr? Draft Selection? The Defense? Secondary? Playcalling? No leadership? Lack of output on the field?
A few weeks ago i would have said the defense. Now i shift my displeasure to the running game or lack thereof. Our D played tremendous in the first half but due to our lack of balance on O bad things started to happen and the rest is history. We are down but not out injuries are killing us as well. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #13
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

The fact that the current staff can't turn this team around in 1 offseason, 4 pre-season games, and 5 regular season games in what took the previous staff 4 years to jack up.

</sarcasm>

But, yeah - what everyone else mentioned above and the bottom line fact that we've had 4 wins out of the last 20 regular season games. That's what most disappoints me.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #14
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Why are we all disapointed?This is a "rebuilding year"

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #15
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

So many holes where do we start? I'm glad I'm not the one having to make the decisions, but I don't forsee this group making a run at anything until we see a massive turnover in personnel. I suppose my positive outlook on things keeps the balance in check for me. I try to see the whole picture, what mistakes have been made in the past, that continue to haunt us today. You can all lay blame whereever you choose, but I choose to have faith that our owner, and our new coach will find a way to be successful one day. I just hope I live to see it, but if not, someone email me ok?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #16
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We gutted this team but kept the scouts....Fire Bobby Grier! That's what the Pats did when the Patriots became a decent team...perhaps we need to do it as well.
I like that, I will go with that.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #17
slamdunc
Rookie

Coaching...Kubes is the right guy long term. WhatI don't get is the inability (or "want to") to adjust schemes. Zone blocking is not working right now. I know this is the system and will be in the future. But, in watching limited Dallas action this year, it appeared that teams that lined up, hat on hat, and hammered them in the mouth did so with success. A small quick defense should not be attacked with slow developing, look for a whole running game. This is especially true when you are not good at blocking it. 3 pops from the 1 or 2 on the opening drive? Go to jumbo set and bust them in the mouth.

Kubes, from what I can see, kept doing the same thing in the RG.
slamdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
That pretty much sums it up & that 5 years later we STILL have OL problems.:brickwall
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #19
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

no half time adjustments, and giving up after we are down by 4
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

The performance of the DLine, nothing else even comes close.
We have 3 first round picks (including the top overall pick of '06) invested in
the defensive line, and for boot our top (most expensive) FA pickup this past
offseason also is a DLine guy. We are getting a very pathetic return on investement for this high-cap collection.
As bad as the OLine is, not near the investment as their defensive counterparts so I can't be nearly as disappointed with them.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read