Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-16-2006   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Brown..............

I think we should take a look at him, like McClain said nothing higher then a 5th rd pick. A 5th rd pick maybe for Chris Brown, I would. And I personaly think we need to get on the corners more Outside the tackles, we did it one time on the first drive and got 6 yards and a first down, Browns got speed to get it out there.......I dont know?............We need something, I believe this team can win a lot ball games, but NOT with the running game we got. I am happy but feel bad for our Defense. I like how Richard Smith went about it, Blitzed and came after Bledsoe, NOW if we can only get Buc to knock down a ball and not get lost while the ball is in the air.

I think we should see what the Titans would want for him, bite the bullet Kubes and just see, hey maybe I am wrong but something has got to happen.

O and get Mike Flanagan the heck out of there, BRO grow some muscles man! Go back and watch him on some run plays, holy crap it is bad.
Quote:
Comment:
Brown has a good combination of size, speed and experience. He is patient and will allow blocks to develop in front of him. He has good initial quickness and functional speed for his size. He is fast enough to bend the edge and get outside on the corner.
This team can play with anyone IF IF IF everyone does there job, all the little things add up at the end of the ball game.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #2
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Chris Brown..............

I really thought Flannigan was going to be a saving grace, guess not.

Believe me when I say this, being a Titan fan also we don't want any part of Cris Brown. Before he was deactivated he was always a game time decision, not always because he couldn't play, he is just weak. When he is on you can definitely expect 5.5 ypc, but the problem is he rarely plays, this time around one teams trash isn't another teams treasure.
Old 10-16-2006   #3
Heywood
Veteran

chris brown is terrible- he's injury prone and a malcontent.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Vizzl View Post
I really thought Flannigan was going to be a saving grace, guess not.
I've decided they signed up Flanniagan strictly for his sense of humor. You
know, the fat Irish guy, telling jokes over a couple brews after a tough day
at the office/practice.
But how could a guy with a gut like Flanny have the "body type" to play for Denver as one of its svelte ZB greyhounds ? The answer is, he couldn't.
I dunno what this Kubiak/Sherman hybrid Oline is (an abortion maybe ?), but
its not looking like Denver South just yet.
In the meantime, just put Hodgedon in the game.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I think we should take a look at him, like McClain said nothing higher then a 5th rd pick. A 5th rd pick maybe for Chris Brown, I would. .

We don't have a 5th to give. That was Moulds.

I'm sick and effin tired of giving up draft picks for broken down retreads. Our team has been destroyed by poor drafts and even poorer free agent moves and trades. Keep the effin draft picks and draft some effin talent.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
The Texans gave up a 2006 5th round pick for Moulds. They have all of their picks in '07, but no extra picks. I think the Texans should be sellers, not buyers in the trade market.
Old 10-16-2006   #7
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

I'm sick and effin tired of giving up draft picks for broken down retreads. Our team has been destroyed by poor drafts and even poorer free agent moves and trades. Keep the effin draft picks and draft some effin talent.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
My thoughts exactly.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2006   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans gave up a 2006 5th round pick for Moulds. They have all of their picks in '07, but no extra picks. I think the Texans should be sellers, not buyers in the trade market.
\

Of course.... Moulds and 5th in the same part of the brain.

Same rant applies regardless of 5th or no 5th.
Old 10-16-2006   #9
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Chris Brown is a great player, but like yao ming he has toe problems, but he can't be worse than what we have now, maybe he can be revitalized,Houston has the number one medical center in the world, it couldnt hurt.........

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
Chris Brown is a great player, but like yao ming he has toe problems, but he can't be worse than what we have now, maybe he can be revitalized,Houston has the number one medical center in the world, it couldnt hurt.........
Chris Brown is not a great player, and yes it could hurt.
Old 10-16-2006   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
...maybe he can be revitalized,Houston has the number one medical center in the world...
How has that helped Yao? Or Domanick Davis & Tony Boselli, for that matter?

Is Chris Brown going to put this team on his back and carry them on a winning streak? Did you know that Brown is an UFA after this season. He would walk without compensation (unless you want to franchise tag him). Trading for Chris Brown makes zero sense.
Old 10-16-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree completely. Our FO is going to have to learn to think like winners before our team becomes winners on the field.

Unfortunately, the ghost of Casserly is going to haunt us for years to come, IMO.
Old 10-16-2006   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno what this Kubiak/Sherman hybrid Oline is (an abortion maybe ?)....
Look, I'm not trying to be smart, or pick on your vocabulary, but I've seen other members use this word in this context, and I've got to ask is that what you mean?? Not carrying a baby full term??

or do you mean aberration??

Quote:
ab·er·ra·tion:
A deviation from the proper or expected
it's just that one makes sense..... aberration, the other is just disgusting to be used in describing a person, or a group of people.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Look, I'm not trying to be smart, or pick on your vocabulary, but I've seen other members use this word in this context, and I've got to ask is that what you mean?? Not carrying a baby full term??

or do you mean aberration??

it's just that one makes sense..... aberration, the other is just disgusting to be used in describing a person, or a group of people.
"abortion" doesn't just mean the termination of a pregnancy.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
2. any of various surgical methods for terminating a pregnancy, esp. during the first six months.
3. Also called spontaneous abortion. miscarriage (def. 3).
4. an immature and nonviable fetus.
5. abortus (def. 2b).
6. any malformed or monstrous person, thing, etc.
7. Biology. the arrested development of an embryo or an organ at a more or less early stage.
8. the stopping of an illness, infection, etc., at a very early stage.
9. Informal. a. shambles; mess.
b. anything that fails to develop, progress, or mature, as a design or project.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
\

Of course.... Moulds and 5th in the same part of the brain.

Same rant applies regardless of 5th or no 5th.

Sooo, basically your pleading the 5th?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read