Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2006   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No Leaders Ever

I thought our team would be up for this game. They had two weeks to prepare for a innerstate rival. A win would definetly give everyone the opportunity to forgive and forget all that has happened in the past, starting out 0-3.

I look out on the field, a guy makes a 3rd down conversion and noone gets hyped at all, a guy gets a sack and noone jumps around like we did something good to even attempt at getting momentum to swing my way.

Look at the side line and nobody is talking to each other to let anyone know that we are still in this game and to just get them the ball or anything.

You look across at the opponents sideline and everything I mentioned above was done on their sideline.

That being said, I am all for giving David and anybody else a sit until he or someone can step up. I was a DC supporter but there is a lack of leadership there to take us to the next level. Yes he has played well this season but worse QBs are winning because someone is leading that team. Sharper said it long ago, that someone needs to guide this team to a win and DC needs to be that man. If Kubiak wants to pad his stats so that he can be traded, I'm cool with it. David can and needs to bring that part of his game up if he wants to continue to be the QB for this team and take us to that next level.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #2
Heywood
Veteran

Default Re: No Leaders Ever

mods, isn't this a flagrant repost of yesterday's thread? or, do you only delete my posts?
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
mods, isn't this a flagrant repost of yesterday's thread? or, do you only delete my posts?
I haven't been on here for a week. Today is my first day back. Easy!!!
Old 10-16-2006   #4
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I thought our team would be up for this game. They had two weeks to prepare for a innerstate rival. A win would definetly give everyone the opportunity to forgive and forget all that has happened in the past, starting out 0-3.

I look out on the field, a guy makes a 3rd down conversion and noone gets hyped at all, a guy gets a sack and noone jumps around like we did something good to even attempt at getting momentum to swing my way.

Look at the side line and nobody is talking to each other to let anyone know that we are still in this game and to just get them the ball or anything.

You look across at the opponents sideline and everything I mentioned above was done on their sideline.

That being said, I am all for giving David and anybody else a sit until he or someone can step up. I was a DC supporter but there is a lack of leadership there to take us to the next level. Yes he has played well this season but worse QBs are winning because someone is leading that team. Sharper said it long ago, that someone needs to guide this team to a win and DC needs to be that man. If Kubiak wants to pad his stats so that he can be traded, I'm cool with it. David can and needs to bring that part of his game up if he wants to continue to be the QB for this team and take us to that next level.
Give me a break, he tongue lashed Andre Johnson ON the field after his 4th drop, and he was trying to get our heartless Lineman to get up and block somebody, NOBODY wants to win more then David Carr..............Once your off the band wagon your not getting back on.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #5
SESupergenius

I saw Carr bark out many times yesterday at a team that just has no heart. Once Carr threw the 1st INT our team just let down and had no fire. The poor play by the CB's once again and a horrible running game is killing this team.
Old 10-16-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Here we go with the "leadership" thing again.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #7
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Here we go with the "leadership" thing again.
It's true...there's no fire in their blood.

The only ones I see with it are three players, Carr....Robinson....and Peek. Beyond that...you'll be hard-pressed to find another under the Texans roster.
Old 10-16-2006   #8
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

That Jerry Rice would have been so much better if he ranted and raved on the sidelines.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #9
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
That Jerry Rice would have been so much better if he ranted and raved on the sidelines.
Nope, no ranting or raving....but, determination in the eyes...yes! Rice had it.

When Johnson gets knocked up....he walks off the sidelines as if it's acceptable. Man...we need to see that look in his face like next time he's out....he won't be denied and actually do it!
Old 10-16-2006   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Give me a break, he tongue lashed Andre Johnson ON the field after his 4th drop, and he was trying to get our heartless Lineman to get up and block somebody, NOBODY wants to win more then David Carr..............Once your off the band wagon your not getting back on.
A leader leads. If nobody is following, is he really leading?

I'm not down on Carr, as I can't blame this pathetic display of football on one player. It's a team meltdown, and everyone deserves equal blame, from the FO on down. 1-4 after 2-14 is indicative of deep problems with this organization, and I did not expect Kubiak to turn it around in one season. You can't fix futility overnight.
Old 10-16-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You can't fix futility overnight.
But you can show improvement somewhere. We are having so many of the exact same problems it's stunning.

Kubiak had these players eating out of his hand when he arrived here. Now we are calling them quitters. Sure we have some bad players on the team, but the coaches aren't doing anything to instill confidence in what we have. Didn't the coaches say that if we lost this year we'd go down swinging?

An example. Remember the discussion about going for it at the end of the first half against Miami with two minutes to go? Many fans said it was the right decision to sit on the ball because we won. I still maintain that the coaches were being "quitters" and teaching the players the same in that instance.

Another thing is that many of us fans think the best players aren't on the field. Now we are frequently full of hot air, but I'd bet the players on the team see some of the same things and wonder where this coaching staff is leading.
Old 10-16-2006   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08 View Post
The only ones I see with it are three players, Carr....Robinson....and Peek. Beyond that...you'll be hard-pressed to find another under the Texans roster.
DeMeco Ryans.
Old 10-16-2006   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would consider Roger Clements the biggest gamer in this town . Any Texans resemble Clements ?
Old 10-16-2006   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I am not off any bandwagon. I know David Carr wants to win. I know he is not the reason we are 1-4. What I am saying here is that nobody is responding to anything he or anyone else does. Yesterday was the first time I saw David bark at anyone, its too late for that. But what i was talking about was the weeks coming before this game, and during the game when someone did something right, especially when we were in the game. Looked as if everyone was waiting for the bad stuff to happen.

As for Demeco Ryans, sometimes I want to apologize to him that we drafted him.
Old 10-16-2006   #15
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone clear something up for me please. I jumped in the shower yesterday at the end of the game (to wash away the heartache) and when I got out I saw Sage in the game. I just assumed it was because we were getting blown out and it was garbage time. After the game we went to the Woddlands and I was listening to 610's fan feedback show. Anyways, they were going on and on about how Kubiak lit into Carr on the sideline and pulled him from the game. They said he had a "loser attitude" and that he had his shoulders slumped and that was why he was pulled. They continued to rag on him for a while and I don't know why. Everyone out there gave up. Why was he the only one pulled in that case? I saw Andre hang his head repeatedly after dropping the ball. I saw our secondary constantly being embarassed and aggrevated and not one of them was yanked from the game. Did something happen or were they just speculating? Someone clarify this for me if you can.
Old 10-16-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out Carr's body language when you replay the game...it was rotten. I didn't notice it much till it was pointed out by the Texans radio network guys....looking closer Carr just looked defeated and a bit of a shrinking violet when we had to overcome a Dallas lead. He looks great at the first of the game but once you have to pass to win and throw something down the field (passes that are actually not in front of the linebacker drops) we are done....same thing for 4 years....some things never change.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #17
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

It isn't just Carr, it seems to be the entire team. They have that "here we go again" look on their faces every time a big play goes against them.
Old 10-16-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Anyone else feel like they are watching the Oilers from around 82-85?
Old 10-16-2006   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
It isn't just Carr, it seems to be the entire team. They have that "here we go again" look on their faces every time a big play goes against them.
yeah, but if the guy holding the ball on every play looks whipped, you got no shot.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #20
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
yeah, but if the guy holding the ball on every play looks whipped, you got no shot.
and how sad is it that he is probally this team's MVP at the moment?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read