Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2006   #1
TEXANS MVP
Rookie

Default Its Taylor Time

He's Big Strong And Our Fastest Back We Say We Need A Rb Why Not Activate Taylor And See What Happens...i Forgot To Mention Dayne Sucks He Doesn't Have The Speed Or Vision To Hit The Hole Lets Go With Taylor And Lundy
TEXANS MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Its Taylor Time

I know I said this on another thread, but . . .

Wrong.

It's the offensive line again. Only this time, they pass-protect well, but can't get the push on running plays.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that I rarely see cutbacks add to the problem.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #4
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The running game is BEYOND pathetic.

Have we rushed for 100 yards YET?
Old 10-16-2006   #5
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post

I think so. We had 30 something yds. today and some 60 something in the Miami game, I think. I'm sure we've rushed for over a hundred yds.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #6
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Give Chris Taylor A Chance!Im tired of Dayne

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #7
Texans86
All Pro

Lundy or C.Taylor. I don't care, we need new blood on the field. Dayne runs way too high for my liking. I haven't seen any flashes from Gado either.
Old 10-16-2006   #8
Spoda
Veteran

dayne is a cast off..he needs to be cut and move on..this team seems to have a quick trigger cutting or benching everyone except dayne..why is that?...gado had what 6 straight 100 yd games last year? give him a chance, cut dayne bring up the fast kid...clearly we are going nowhere...let's give em a few games to be the man so we know if we need adrian peterson!!!
Old 10-16-2006   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should guve him or Lundy a try. Dayne and Gado are not cutting it. Something needs to be done.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #10
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post

Did we have a rush Sunday for more than 3 yards???

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #11
DreDaMan05
Rookie

What the problem is not good run blocking and slow big runners, both together is a bad combination. Big backs need big holes to go thru with the line we got we need fast agile backs to cut back on zone blocking.
DreDaMan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #12
amazingandre
All Pro

IM from wisconsin and last year gado did ok he was with a very experienced green bay oline. he really isnt that good. dayne sucks i dont know much of taylor but if he is faster than y not go for it. lundy may be ok if we give him more reps. no more of this splitting time crap. stick one back in there and make them fight for yards. until we can run i say only try on 1st down every now and then. we suck too much to waste 2 and 3 downs. we need new pass plays because the 3 yard curls and 4 yards in arent working out.
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #13
Doug
All Pro

I've heard both sides of the running back argument and I think it's a bit of both (Oline & RB). Dayne nor Gado have any kind of burst once that ball is snapped and the holes in the line are closing as fast they open. One thing that really stuck out to me against Dallas was that at least 2 times there was a huge cutback lane that never got ran through. The only thing that went through my head was what a field day DD would have had.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail View Post
Did we have a rush Sunday for more than 3 yards???

Bobby 119C
ya, carr scrambled a couple times for some yards
Old 10-16-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak didn't say yes or no on if they are going to use Taylor. he said that Taylor was a good football player and that is why they kept him. Also said something along the lines of Taylor getting touches (not sure if that meant game touches or practice touches)

someone can fill in my missing blanks on that radio broadcast
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #16
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson View Post
Give Chris Taylor A Chance!Im tired of Dayne

Dayne looks like Earl Campell and runs like Naomi. He's beyond unimaginative. A perfect backfield mate for David empty helmet Carr.
Old 10-17-2006   #17
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Kubiak didn't say yes or no on if they are going to use Taylor. he said that Taylor was a good football player and that is why they kept him. Also said something along the lines of Taylor getting touches (not sure if that meant game touches or practice touches)

someone can fill in my missing blanks on that radio broadcast
It's crazy. This guy was bouncing off tackle and running good in the preseason. Taylor looked rugged and hungry. And so we practice squad him for this?
Old 10-17-2006   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
It's crazy. This guy was bouncing off tackle and running good in the preseason. Taylor looked rugged and hungry. And so we practice squad him for this?
Look at it another way. Say you're the defensive coordinator of the team the Texans play this Sunday. And if you see Taylor back there at running back, you'd be stupid not to blitz on passing downs because he's not experienced enough to pick them up.

This is what Kubes means when he say's "They're not ready to handle it."

There's a lot more to it than just carrying the ball and trying to find a hole. I'm more worried about what Lundy and Taylor would do when they don't have the ball.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Look at it another way. Say you're the defensive coordinator of the team the Texans play this Sunday. And if you see Taylor back there at running back, you'd be stupid not to blitz on passing downs because he's not experienced enough to pick them up.

This is what Kubes means when he say's "They're not ready to handle it."

There's a lot more to it than just carrying the ball and trying to find a hole. I'm more worried about what Lundy and Taylor would do when they don't have the ball.

Ding, ding, ding! Cigars all around cause we gots a winner!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006   #20
srstex
Veteran

In Kubiaks assesment of the loss he said that Taylor might be someone to go back and take a look at, but right now I think we keep going, keep going? we are headed for the crapper and Kubiak says I think we keep going ?!? Carr was our leading rusher at D, and he had 15 yards, Hey Kubiak keep going but leave the team here. 1 & 4 and I say it is already time to have Kubiaks head examined, he is lost in his ego, he had the nads to say The only thing that's going to correct that ( our poor play in the second half ) is leadership from the players. From the players! call a better game !, for god's sake let David call the plays, my daughter could call a better game. This statement by Kubiak shows what I have said before, Kubiak needs to hold himself accountable to SHOW the way. If anyone can get a word with Gary let it be these " You can't talk yourself out of a problem you performed yourself into".
Kubiak picked our RB's, make no mistake about it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read