Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This is so depressing

This team makes me want to check into a mental institution. They give you so many ups and downs its almost impossible not to want to crack up a bit.

1. Hire Gary Kubiak, everyones really excited
2. Kubiak's Broncos are in the playoffs too long, and he doesn't get the coaches he wants, everyones a bit sad
3. Kubiak sells us on the guys, everyones happy.

4. Get 1st pick in the draft, everyone is thrilled - Bush or VY here we come.
5. We select MW with the 1st pick, most people are raelly surprised
6. Kubiak and co. sell us on the pick, everyones excited again

7. We pick up Moulds and some other good FA acquisitions, everyones happy
8. We let some key starters go, everyone is surprised again
9. We have an awesome preseason, everyone is thrilled
10. Davis is out for the season, everyones sad again
11. Lundy + Morency rack up the yardage, everyones happy
12. We trade Morency for Gado, everyones sad again
13. Me and the rest of the board convinces us the trade is a good one, everyones happy
14. Morency does well in GB, Gado rolls for a 1 yard gain, we are sad again

15. Our team shows promise in preseaosn, everyones happy
16. Our team lays eggs in 3 straight games, we are sad
17. Our team beats Miami going into the bye, we are excstatic
18. We get smeared all over the field by Dallas, embarassment ensues.

I don't even want to get into the injuries. My new phrase should be "Making lemonade" because thats what this board has me doing. As soon as something goes terribly wrong, and the world gives me lemons, I'm back making lemonade again. And then, boom, back to the depressioin.
Old 10-16-2006   #2
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is so depressing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
This team makes me want to check into a mental institution. They give you so many ups and downs its almost impossible not to want to crack up a bit.

1. Hire Gary Kubiak, everyones really excited
2. Kubiak's Broncos are in the playoffs too long, and he doesn't get the coaches he wants, everyones a bit sad
3. Kubiak sells us on the guys, everyones happy.

4. Get 1st pick in the draft, everyone is thrilled - Bush or VY here we come.
5. We select MW with the 1st pick, most people are raelly surprised
6. Kubiak and co. sell us on the pick, everyones excited again

7. We pick up Moulds and some other good FA acquisitions, everyones happy
8. We let some key starters go, everyone is surprised again
9. We have an awesome preseason, everyone is thrilled
10. Davis is out for the season, everyones sad again
11. Lundy + Morency rack up the yardage, everyones happy
12. We trade Morency for Gado, everyones sad again
13. Me and the rest of the board convinces us the trade is a good one, everyones happy
14. Morency does well in GB, Gado rolls for a 1 yard gain, we are sad again

15. Our team shows promise in preseaosn, everyones happy
16. Our team lays eggs in 3 straight games, we are sad
17. Our team beats Miami going into the bye, we are excstatic
18. We get smeared all over the field by Dallas, embarassment ensues.

I don't even want to get into the injuries. My new phrase should be "Making lemonade" because thats what this board has me doing. As soon as something goes terribly wrong, and the world gives me lemons, I'm back making lemonade again. And then, boom, back to the depressioin.
great post.
this team makes it's fans look crazy!:bananasplit:
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #3
Jerry Jones
Rookie

its just football...relax.
learn to take defeat like a man!
you need to get rid of carr he is killing your team....trade him or draft another... usually after yr 3 a qb is at his best....you guys are still losing so i will blame carr for not leading you guys to more victories...
Old 10-16-2006   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
at least I made 10 gallons of Imperial Stout yesterday

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Jones View Post
you need to get rid of carr he is killing your team....trade him or draft another... usually after yr 3 a qb is at his best....you guys are still losing so i will blame carr for not leading you guys to more victories...
Just a cowplop fans stupid opinion.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Before you start blaming Carr for not leading us to victories you should take a look at your own QB...
Old 10-16-2006   #7
D-Vizzl
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 D-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballotD-Vizzl is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
I am not trying to start trouble here, but I hold contempt for this post, Carr may not be cerebral but what do you think Bledslow would do if JJ or MB3 was averaging like 1 yard per carry. David is just a player on a team so if any part is out of sync it will affect what he can do. I more blame the playcalling on offense, it is way too conservative, and since we all put an emphasis on sacks, David dumps the ball off so he doesn't get sacked, that's dispicable in itself but the coaches won't let him loose and that's the problem with the O, not Carr
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2006   #8
Jerry Jones
Rookie

19-10, 19-10!
how bout 34-6! ahh feels good to shut my cousins up! now ...
im telling you get rid of carr, draft brady quinn and start over again.
i wish we could get rid of bledsoe but tuna is stubborn. good luck the rest of the year!
Old 10-16-2006   #9
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

19-10

34-6

All that counts is that we were ahead of y'all 1-0 for four years and now we are just tied. losers.

Texans 1
Dallas 1
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #10
Jerry Jones
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric138 View Post
19-10

34-6

All that counts is that we were ahead of y'all 1-0 for four years and now we are just tied. losers.

Texans 1
Dallas 1
trust me those dave campo years do not count as actual cowboy teams...trust me...
look on the brightside its not too late to redshirt david carr...try out a couple of walk ons...you never know, with a couple of late season wins, your texans might get a bowl bid....
Old 10-16-2006   #11
texflex513
All Pro

Quote:
trust me those dave campo years do not count as actual cowboy teams...trust me...
look on the brightside its not too late to redshirt david carr...try out a couple of walk ons...you never know, with a couple of late season wins, your texans might get a bowl bid....
Please jerry leave us alone come back in about 4-5 years and do something about those wrinkles will ya!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #12
SESupergenius

I wasn't depressed in the 1st half of the game, in fact, I actually thought we had a chance. We let them score 1st drive in the 3rd quarter and then the wheels fell off.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read