Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-16-2006   #1
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC
Default +'s and -'s from my perspective

+

mario played very well. demeco played well. the offensive line played well above average. it was good to see eric winston get some reps in, and he looked pretty good.

-

simple...the secondary absolutely sucks. the technique is terrible. for once they were actually running step for step with the recievers (very good recievers too) but they were putting themselves in bad positions to make any kind of play. their technique definitely needs to be worked on because although they were running with the dallas recievers, they had to twist themselves in a pretzel in order to have any chance of making a play. their technique is totally off and i wonder what hoke will do to fix this. they ran with their backs to the ball, and nobody was aware of where the ball was being thrown, especially on TO's second td catch.

the running game sucks...understatement of the month. id say we give chris taylor a look. he has fresh legs and a bit more youth. he cant possibly be worse than what we are putting out there. granted dallas's run defense is pretty good, but dayne and gado havent gotten the job done against anybody.

although carr threw 2 ints, i still think he played a decent game. one int was just a good play by the defender. the lack of the running game really put too much pressure on carr.

PS. the first TO td catch was BS....it shoulda been offensive pass interference.
Old 10-16-2006   #2
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Default Re: +'s and -'s from my perspective

With the exception of the fumble, special teams looked pretty good. Good returns and good blocking. Shepard's fumble was big though.
Old 10-16-2006   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFanInCC View Post
PS. the first TO td catch was BS....it shoulda been offensive pass interference.

I agree with everyting accept the above , it was clear that the defender had his hands on TO .... any time that happens its gonna be a flag on the defender ..... TO's second TD catch was a real good play in double coverage , he split the defenders shielding the ball from the guy over the top and had a step on the underneath coverage .

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr played excellent. His first bad pass was the second interception and that was partially a result of Andre Johnson not finishing his route and making a play.

Mario Williams was very, very good today. He disrupted the run game quite a bit and put some pressure on Bledsoe.

Demeco was excellent again.

I thought Dunta played very well. I also thought the safeties were much better this week than last. It will really help this defense to get Faggins back. We won't see McCleon on the field again.

Andre Johnson was awful. He regularly was manhandled by Anthony Henry. AJ had two drops plus at least two balls he should have taken from Henry.

The oline was okay. I think Carr's quick decisions and the three and five step drops had a lot to do with the 0 sacks. Unfortunately, they didn't run block well. Although, I will say there were opportunities for some cutbacks that the backs, particularly Dayne missed.

I'm actually encouraged by what I saw. I hope to see more of Winston next week. Also, we really need a healthy Spencer back next year. I feel like this team is much closer to being successful that many do. We obviously have to dramatically improve the RB position. The return of Wong and Petey is really going to help the defense. Carr is playing like a good NFL QB. Mario Williams is showing dramatic improvement and Demeco Ryans continiues to be impressive. I think at the end of the year we will be saying that we're only 3-4 players away from being a playoff caliber team. We obviously need a RB, a road-grader on the interior offensive line, a WLB, and a FS or cover CB opposite Dunta.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #5
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Dunta is my favorite player on the defense. That guy is going to be a great coner, we just have to keep him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read