Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2004   #601
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Geka,

So much for the 0-16 prediction made in the middle of the game.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #602
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Other than one blocked pass RoSmith wasn't too impressive...but I will have to watch the game and look for individual performance to give a full opinion.
Didn't he have two passes defensed? He blocked that one pass at the line then he was out in coverage in a zone blitz covering a WR and he either batted to ball or forced the guy to miss the catch. He played pretty well I thought. Ionane hasn't gotten much attention but he had that great tackle on Holmes the play before the Coleman INT, and he had a pretty good push inside from time to time. We just need to get a better pass rush more consistently. If I'm not mistaken Peek came in after all the injuries to the D-Line and he and Wong were playing as DEs. He did apply good pressure though, and I like him and Wong at DEs in passing situations better than Wong and Babin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
good game texans thanks for beating the chiefs
Thanks, and it looks like ya'll are in trouble early on against Denver. Tomlinson had a 38 yard pass to Drew Brees too. Looks like Marty's breaking out the 'trickeration'. Good Luck.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #603
tiger06
Veteran

Excellent win for us I got pretty nervous there in teh 4th quarter but Big plays like Coleman's INT and Andre's two big catches gave us a lot of momentum and confidence.
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #604
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can post a message about a game. Three years in and I got to see one from start to finish. Pleased with the win of course but geez, could Carr run for his life any more than he did? Seemed like every play the pocket collapsed and he was trying to survive.

My take:

1. Carr needs security. Shore up that o-line because it is sad.
2. Throw, throw, throw. Not this little stuff but go BIG. Obviously we have the guys to catch the rock we just need to use them. That catch by AJ kicked MAJOR ace and Gaffney did well also.
3. Good job by the D. Not stellar but they were there when they were needed.

I look at this game like this. If we take away the int by Carr and by Green we still come out up by 3. Good job.

I know that I'm not saying anything new. I'm just amped that I can finally talk about a game!!!!!

GO TEXANS!!!

Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #605
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

The o-line is sad. Why are they continuing to collapse? ..
Looks like we're back to year 1 again, and David running for his life.
Love the spark of Coleman and his 102 yds today .. who changed the game around.
Love our great kicker Kris, who always comes through for us.

Armstrong is a wonderful addition. Glad we have him.
BUT, I'm missing Starling, who's absence could be seen a couple times today on special teams.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #606
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure the Chiefs are officially in a panic mode. They're going in for a TD to ice the game and all of a sudden on one play the whole game/momentum changes. It's such a funny game.

I know they never expected to be 0-3.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #607
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I'm sure the Chiefs are officially in a panic mode. They're going in for a TD to ice the game and all of a sudden on one play the whole game/momentum changes. It's such a funny game.

I know they never expected to be 0-3.
And they play Baltimore next week. Good luck scoring on those guys.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2004   #608
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

We didn't do much offensively to deserve that win but we will take it. If Coleman doesn't intercept that pass in the endzone we lose plain and simple. Our offense didn't look any better than the first 2 games. I'm very happy for the win.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #609
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
We didn't do much offensively to deserve that win but we will take it. If Coleman doesn't intercept that pass in the endzone we lose plain and simple. Our offense didn't look any better than the first 2 games. I'm very happy for the win.
If we don't lose that interception in our endzone we win. Without the turnovers from both teams we still win by a field goal. I'm happy. Not extremely happy, but happy.
Old 09-26-2004   #610
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_VA
Not extremely happy, but happy.
Oh, I'm extremely happy. ANY win is something to take pride in, especially one in KC against a team that had their backs against the wall. I don't care how they look doing it, just win baby!
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #611
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

There were problems, but we beat a good team in their house after getting smacked on the road by a mediocre team 1 week ago. Great job, Texans, for gutting through the early mistakes and answering every challenge.

Ya gotta be happy about this win.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #612
gibsquad
Rookie

Good job Texans, thanks for the good show. Bring on da Raiders!!!!!!
gibsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #613
TexanAggie
Rookie

It was killing me how much Carr was running for his life, come on o-line where are those blocks??

SUPER SUPER catch by AJ way to stick with it and haul it in.. Gaff and bradford also had some good catches....

Wells great running (even though every time he touched it I pleaded with the football gods "dont let him drop it on the ground")

DD- The chiefs had your number, didnt help that the o-line really didnt get after anyone and block them......

Carr - did some great work, the int was bad but that was also Gaff slipped and the DB had to catch it..

K. Brown - WHAT A FOOT - he had 4-5 more yds on both of his 40+ kicks
Learned a pretty decent stat. Browns longest in his career is 55, at that stadium facing the same way he did sunday....

Defense - at times they had me dying., but did what they had to do to win the game. Coleman great int and great run.........

Gary Walker great pass coverage, that was a funny thing to see him drop back in coverage........
TexanAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004   #614
Demon
Rookie

Default Perfection

Being perfect would be nice for a QB. However, it doesn't exit. A mistake by Carr, yes, but overall I believe he threw for 220 yards. 1-2 sounds awefully good.
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read