Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2004   #261
Txnpride
Veteran

I think he hurt his ankle earlier....if he cant make his cuts....keep him on the bech
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #262
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need turnovers on defense, 1 in 10 quarters will not cut it.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #263
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

TO is looking like a beast as well in that game. Even Freddie Mitchell is looking pretty good.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #264
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Fiddy, its cause Carr doesn't have time to get the ball out on the longer routes.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #265
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Maybe having Davis out will force us to play a vertical game and we can actually win it throwing downfield...

Is Hollings officially out or just not playing?
Old 09-26-2004   #266
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Yeah, Vinny what do you think of "Big John Wells" running today? He looks to me to have finally figured out how to run. He hasn't transformed into a franchise back or anything but at least he can now be listed in the "assets" catagory instead of the "liabilities".
He did okay, but he ran into the back of his blockers on that one play inside our own 5 even though he had a hole to his right to cut back into for a few yards. He more than made up for it on that first down run.
Old 09-26-2004   #267
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Roy Williams has 6 catches for 78 yards and 1 TD with a long of 22. Can somebody tell me why AJ cant put up those numbers????
You have to actually throw the ball to the guy before he can put up those kinds of numbers!
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2004   #268
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
Fiddy, its cause Carr doesn't have time to get the ball out on the longer routes.
Harrington hasn't had much time either against the Eagles.
Old 09-26-2004   #269
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think davis is hurt...in the first series he looked towards the bench and was out a play or two. also, he has not looked explosive, but then he has not had great blocking either.

Seriously, davis put the ball on the ground all over the place last week and Wells did not see action. i think something is up.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #270
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this the end of D. Davis' 15 minutes of fame? Wells has come in and shown what a RB SHOULD look like against one of the worst run defenses in the league.. what is wrong Davis?

He has lost something..he needs to get it back if he is gonna be our starter.

Carr looked AWEFUL in the first quarter.. dunno if he was still feeling that stomach virus or what.. but he overthrew on every pass. he is coming around though.

Our defense hasnt stopped the Chiefs at all.. if it wasnt for the penalties we would not be coming into the 2nd half with only a 1 point defecit.

Lets hope they come out fired up and ready to play like they are going against one of the worst defenses in the league.

And lets hope Palmer can figure out how to stop the a damn TE from running all over us.

Wells looks pretty good.. told yall he wasnt a bust . I dunno if he looks good cause Davis looks SOOOOO bad.. or if he looks good cause he actually is good though.

Is it just me or does Davis look really dang timid when he gets that ball? he is bouncing around behind the line.. cutting back when he should keep running with his blockers, not breaking tackles.. its just depressing.. COME ON DAVIS! My birthday is coming up and I was gonna get me a D. Davis jersey.. now im not so sure that I should.

Anyway, cmon Texans, lets pull it together and show the world that we really ARE a top 10 offense and defense.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #271
toronado
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Roy Williams has 6 catches for 78 yards and 1 TD with a long of 22. Can somebody tell me why AJ cant put up those numbers????

1. Roy is probably better than AJ.

2. Our O-line sucks.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #272
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
Well, then be creative, use quick 3 step drops with AJ running a slant and let AJ use his strength and speed. That is what Roy Williams is doing in the west coast offense in Detroit...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #273
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

ok we are kicking lets not let give Hall anything here, he almost broke one earlier
Old 09-26-2004   #274
texasguy346
Mod Squad

45 yd return.....Yikes!
Old 09-26-2004   #275
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Go ahead KC. Burn a couple more of those timeouts early for us.
SmoochyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #276
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

wow NBA live dunk contest looks good.
Old 09-26-2004   #277
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Big complaint here: Coleman had a big opportunity to completely blow up Dante Hall on that short pass. And he opts to push him to the ground?!! C'mon Coleman. Be a safety and light somebody up.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #278
toronado
Rookie

Dunta has made some tackles this season, but has he made one pass-play this season?
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004   #279
Dal

Can I just say as a new Texans fan in the UK, this thread is priceless for me, there's not much Texans TV coverage here. Thanks so much...
Old 09-26-2004   #280
Cupps
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Cupps Send a message via Yahoo to Cupps

Hey guys, I live in Florida and I never get to see the games on CBS, so I'm stuck watchign it play-by-play online. Could someone assure me that AJ's okay, last I saw from him was the big play he had where it said he was injured. Tell me I can stop worrying... lol.
Cupps is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read