Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Texan1
Veteran

Default 2007

Well, 2006 and 1-4.

Is it too early to start analyzing which long term project defensive lineman the Texans will select in the 1st round of the 2007 draft, over other players who would actually make an immediate impact to the team?

I would have never been able to guess Babin, Johnson, Williams - so your guess is as good as mine. DL projects 4 years in a row baby!
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: 2007

LOL, They cant pass on Adrian Peterson could they???

Williams looks better each week. Id like to see Peek on the other end or them two next to one another on the line.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #3
tburdette
Rookie

[quote=Goldeagle;469511]LOL, They cant pass on Adrian Peterson could they???

]

I think it just depends on where we are in the draft. But no matter who we have back there they won't produce without someone to block for them. I think we might be picking too late this year to get Peterson and will look for a LB or DB to fill one of our many needs.
tburdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: 2007

:brickwall stupid post
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

2007 is 11 games away, give them some time
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
2007 is 11 games away, give them some time

Time for what....... davis to get in with one leg?????!!!!! Hell he can do better than 19 yards with just ARMS!!
Old 10-15-2006   #7
BlueThunder
Veteran

Its early but there always seams to be a second choice that surfaces in the Senior bowl if we do pick late.I just feel this team would really have to turn the corner to not be in position to draft a star feature back early.Look what Portis did for Denver and where they are now!

I realize Kub is a new head coach and i'm going to support him as long as I feel he's improving the team.I also feel he will make mistakes and learn his lesson by making mistakes.I'm not mad at all about the way the teram is headed because I feel its going in the right direction so far.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
Its early but there always seams to be a second choice that surfaces in the Senior bowl if we do pick late.I just feel this team would really have to turn the corner to not be in position to draft a star feature back early.Look what Portis did for Denver and where they are now!

I realize Kub is a new head coach and i'm going to support him as long as I feel he's improving the team.I also feel he will make mistakes and learn his lesson by making mistakes.I'm not mad at all about the way the teram is headed because I feel its going in the right direction so far.
Portis was taken in the 2nd round, and we passed on him twice.
Old 10-15-2006   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
LOL, They cant pass on Adrian Peterson could they??
two words .... edgerrin james. he's one of the most talented and complete backs in football. and he sucks. entirely useless in arizona because of an offensive line that might or might not be worse than ours. we can draft runningbacks like detroit drafts wide receivers (how's their passing game over the last 3 years?), but it doesnt matter if they're not given any chance to succeed. it's unlikely that we'll landy barry sanders, so lets draft a ton of linemen like denver & pittsburgh and try to create runningbacks.
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Portis was taken in the 2nd round, and we passed on him twice.
and denver traded him for a defensive back.
Old 10-15-2006   #11
htsone
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburdette View Post
I think we might be picking too late this year to get Peterson and will look for a LB or DB to fill one of our many needs.
Is #1 too late to get AP?

hts:brickwall
htsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #12
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
and denver traded him for a defensive back.
oooo portis was traded for bailey hell thats a win win situation. i was wondering for a while how did bailey get to the broncos........well now i know
Old 10-15-2006   #13
BlueThunder
Veteran

So are you saying passing Portis was smart?It took them what?3, 4 yrs to replace him..Every team needs a homerun threat in the backfield..I prefer 2 explosive backs going into a season plus a pounder.There is no question we can get a runner to the second level.Gado I just haven't seen enough of but then the offense osn't getting him the ball fast enough either to study him.Its just in every game I see of the Texans there backfield looks slow and unelusive enough to excite me..
Old 10-15-2006   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson is out for the season with a broken collarbone, he could very well slip out of the top 10, just look what happened three years ago to Willis McGahee. A sure fire top 5 pick before he tore his acl & then went #23 to Buffalo. The Texans have got to fix the offensive line once and for all & take a franchise LT (if there is one this year that warrents that high of a pick?).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #15
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Peterson is out for the season with a broken collarbone, he could very well slip out of the top 10, just look what happened three years ago to Willis McGahee. A sure fire top 5 pick before he tore his acl & then went #23 to Buffalo. The Texans have got to fix the offensive line once and for all & take a franchise LT (if there is one this year that warrents that high of a pick?).
Peterson's injury is not even close to McGahee's. McGahee's was pretty severe, even for an ACL, and it happened at the end of the season. No way he slips as far as McGahee did.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #16
quicksilver
Overweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder View Post
Its just in every game I see of the Texans there backfield looks slow and unelusive enough to excite me..
As Scooter and beerlover point out, the problem on offense is the line. Our backs look slow and unelusive because they keep looking for a hole, but too often there isn't one to find.

If Spencer recovers from that broken tibia, we have our franchise LT. We need a RT and a C more.
Old 10-15-2006   #17
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDizzle View Post
Peterson's injury is not even close to McGahee's. McGahee's was pretty severe, even for an ACL, and it happened at the end of the season. No way he slips as far as McGahee did.
That pic of Ron Dayne is classic!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #18
TexanLen
Veteran

I don't think it is too late to start thinking of a top 10, possibly top 5 pick for the Texans. This team looks that bad!!! AP would be nice, but we already have an injury prone back. This team needs a lot. I think of the 1-15 cowboys before they won all the Super Bowls in the 90's. I hope we can do the same. HOPE!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #19
BlueThunder
Veteran

Mario is the best player drafted by the Texans next to Andre Johnson.I see a lot of good things coming to the Texans..We may miss on Adrain Peterson and its early but even if we miss nim I still see us reaching for top quality at the position with a later pick.That would also give us a chance to squeeze Back AND up to land 4 or 6 top 100 tal;enys to riddle our team with from what we couldn't reach in FA..I would love to see us land a 4 year UFA DB OR DE coming into his own to put us ahead of the learning curve,,

2007 DRAFT

RBs are risky picks early but you can still get one later with just as much talent by wisdom and land another top 100 pick..

Last edited by BlueThunder; 10-15-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

If we are looking for a talanted back, how about Michael Bush, he should slip because of the broken leg, so it wont be a high risk pick and we should be able to get some defensive or O-line help. Hopefuly we can draft for offense and get FA's to fix the defense becasue we really dont want more rookies at saftey and corner.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read