Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

Default Its Chad Stanley's fault!!!

Chad Stanley doesn't show the leadership needed in a punter. I'm tired of his 30 yard punts. He has no leadership skills, and is not a clutch punter. How can we pass up such great punters in the draft when we have no punting game??!! Until we get a new punter, we will always be a losing franchise!!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Its Chad Stanley's fault!!!

blasphemy!
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Its Chad Stanley's fault!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshouldbeGM View Post
Chad Stanley doesn't show the leadership needed in a punter. I'm tired of his 30 yard punts. He has no leadership skills, and is not a clutch punter. How can we pass up such great punters in the draft when we have no punting game??!! Until we get a new punter, we will always be a losing franchise!!
Dude...............nah dude u need to put the bottle down for real its the o-line....yea once again and the rushing game. Davis is loving this I bet, getting paid and not playing screw that he's the one that needs to get the pity after the loses we've faced. If we had a running game.............hell this would be a better record!!! But nah his knee hurts screw that go play!!! If I was getting paid $100,000 a year I would still be out there playing my ass off. Enough said before I get crunk in this.....
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

mcbriar schooled stanley ... sorry PD.
Old 10-15-2006   #5
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I thought it was the waterboy's fault for not serving up "high quality H2O"...

When all you have is gatorade, no wonder we are losing...
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Capster67
Veteran

I've thought since before the season we should have said goodbye to Stanley and Brown. Maybe we should give sauerbran a look.
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Haha, nice
Old 10-15-2006   #8
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

I was really being sarcastic with my post, but mcbriar did school stanley today. Dallas kicked our butts in field position. Im just sick of seeing stanley punt from the 50 and only kick it to the 30.....thats garbage, i can do that!! At least kick it to the end zone...let the other team take it from the 20, stop trying to be perfect and pin them back in the 10 when you cant really do it!! just boom the freakin football!!!
Old 10-15-2006   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
lol, ill check his name off the "whos to blame list". Anyone else left . . . ?
Old 10-15-2006   #10
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

A list of punters to look forward to in the 2007 nfl draft!! Maybe we can go with the local kid Jared Scruggs out of rice. We didn't draft Vince, might as well draft Jared, he can sell tickets!

http://www.draftshowcase.com/07punters.htm
Old 10-15-2006   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

hes acctually done a good job of punting inside the 20, its the long distance ones that he does badly. A 30 yarder from our goaline? Not good.
Old 10-15-2006   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
just boom the freakin football!!!
he was. stanley doesnt have much of a leg, he's just consistant.
Old 10-15-2006   #13
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

consistantly bad!!
Old 10-15-2006   #14
TexanLen
Veteran

Quote:
consistantly bad!!
Look, If you punted as much as Stanley did, your leg would be tired too!!! I am sure the guy is in pain and has his leg wrapped now.
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #15
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
consistantly bad!!
PD's a lot of fun so i leave stanley alone, but my highschool soccer goalie was twice the punter stanley is. it amazes me that the NFL tries to find kickers from college teams as opposed to buying soccer players.
Old 10-15-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
PD's a lot of fun so i leave stanley alone, but my highschool soccer goalie was twice the punter stanley is. it amazes me that the NFL tries to find kickers from college teams as opposed to buying soccer players.
its not that easy. we have tried recruiting local mexican soccer players to be our kicker and they suck. yes, they can kick hard, but no, they can't put it between the posts. Also, recruiting soccer players to punt is a very bad idea. It is a completely different style. Punting involves bringing the leg straight up through a tilted and angled ball in order to create a spiral effect while still maintaining hangtime. kicking is more soccer style, but not many soccer players are good at it.
Old 10-15-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
its not that easy. we have tried recruiting local mexican soccer players to be our kicker and they suck. yes, they can kick hard, but no, they can't put it between the posts. Also, recruiting soccer players to punt is a very bad idea. It is a completely different style. Punting involves bringing the leg straight up through a tilted and angled ball in order to create a spiral effect while still maintaining hangtime. kicking is more soccer style, but not many soccer players are good at it.
I object. Guys that can't make the soccer team at my school try out for kicker, and yes, they all wear soccer shoes when kicking.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I object. Guys that can't make the soccer team at my school try out for kicker, and yes, they all wear soccer shoes when kicking.
Further proof that Chad is greater than Kris. Soccer players are intimidated by punters.
Old 10-15-2006   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
lol, ill check his name off the "whos to blame list". Anyone else left . . . ?
Brian Pittman...no...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Brian Pittman...no...
I have had the stinkeye on Pittman for weeks. He makes no one around him better and for crying out loud, could he make one game changing play?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read