Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
K.D.
Veteran

Default Overhaul

It might be to early to think about this, but we need to overhaul this thing called an O-Line. The only ones I'll keep is Spencer and maybe Winston if he shoes improvement and BTW, draft Peterson.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Overhaul

Is it too early to be thinking about next offseasons moves?

Edit: I'm seriously asking this.
Old 10-15-2006   #3
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Winston needs work still and Spencer is still up the air until we know how he is going to recover from his broken leg. But ya, something has to be done.
Old 10-15-2006   #4
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post

Nah, I don't think it's too early cuz this season is going to be longer than last year. This o-line just isn't getting it done and not showing signs of being capable of creating holes.
Old 10-15-2006   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

last year we were having draft debates during week 2 so i think we're atleast making progress lol. i think the texans will progress very well as the season goes on, but we're not going to the playoffs. the offensive line is the area i've been complaining about since day one and i agree with K.D. to a degree. i like flanagan and love spencer. we've got pieces in place there. pitts is good enough, i'm comfortable with him starting. salaam is bad. weigert is worse. mckinney is probably the worst lineman i've ever seen. bedell probably shouldnt be playing football. winston might take more than 1 season to be ready. weary ... not bad for a backup, but he's only a backup. that leaves us with 4 or 5 linemen that we need to acquire during the offseason ... atleast 2 of which need to be starters. if at all possible we need to acquire extra draft picks and use 2+ on the line.

5 of our 8 dressed linemen need to be removed next season, yes it's time for an overhaul.
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Texan Ned
Rookie

Quote:

too bad the Texans quit in the second half. They had the crackboys moving backwards during the first 2 quarters, and Parcells had a couple of questionable coaching calls. No runnning game is obviously killing us. IMO, the Texans need help at OL, RB, QB, DL, DB. They are probably only 9-10 starters away from having a good starting lineup.
Old 10-15-2006   #7
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
It might be to early to think about this, but we need to overhaul this thing called an O-Line. The only ones I'll keep is Spencer and maybe Winston if he shoes improvement and BTW, draft Peterson.

draft Peterson... you mean the guy who is out for the year with a broken collarbone.
Old 10-15-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

we are in overhaul mode

we have a new offensive system and went from 3-4 to 4-3 defense.. (guys we drafted in years past were tweeners) so we are going through growing pains again

thanks Dom/Charlie
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #9
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
draft Peterson... you mean the guy who is out for the year with a broken collarbone.
Why not? he should be rested for mini camp, and unlike Dayne, will be well under 300 pounds when he arrives...
Old 10-15-2006   #10
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
Yeap, that's the guy i'm talking about.
Old 10-15-2006   #11
BlueThunder
Veteran

Have you looked at the UFA?

CB Nate Clements
S Ken Hamlin
DE DeWight Freeney

Some really good LBers and OL also

Would look to the draft for everything else

RB and maybe star TE 1 AND 2

Then you if could swing T.O in, while Dallas is slipping we would have a good start..I think we should mostlikely go CB or DE AND TRY TO add atleast 2 OL and a LBer at fare value.It should be possible with all the baggage this team has on it.I really didn't see any push on the O-line today.

PS.Don't think with your azz, we seen what Manning can do and it ain't pretty..
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #12
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost this game because of two things.....no running game and turnovers. The defense didn't play that badly but the offense can't give up the ball and give a good team a short field. The first half was played well but I knew the lack of running would catch up with us and it did. The d backs played well considering they were in single coverage most of the game. Again, when you can't run the ball, the opposing D will eventually make the right adjustments and they did by picking up the blitz better in the second half. No sacks for Carr and he didn't fumble once. A good thing. His first int was tipped but the second was his fault for trying to force one into double coverage. Again, the lack of running makes him try to force things sometimes. Mario had a good game. All in all, I saw some progress but the glaring lack of a running game will leave the offense one dimensional and that equates to no more wins until something is figured out.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #13
Georgiaboy
Rookie

Pick a side now, so we can all be pissed off come April.
Old 10-15-2006   #14
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
Yeap, that's the guy i'm talking about.
the cardinals need peterson a lot more than we do. with an offensive line so bad that edgerrin james cant produce, i'm sure a rookie can do it. seeing that our line is even better than theirs, peterson will be the best player ever!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read