Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Superstar
Rookie

Angry Titans win Saints win......

Both teams won against really tough teams we could not beat. Wow we are really soaring today.....I hate Vince Young but he shows better leadership skills than our current quarterback. Texans need to do something or we are just going to look forward to another draft. Oh wait nevermind that our front office will just pick something ridiculous.....
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Titans win Saints win......

yep, VY would have gotten Dayne to hit that whole 4 times harder and faster.
Old 10-15-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

give it up...

TITANS win not vince young wins
SAINTS win not Bush (who really lit it up again )

TEXANS lost not Williams
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #4
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Both teams won against really tough teams we could not beat. Wow we are really soaring today.....I hate Vince Young but he shows better leadership skills than our current quarterback.
Yea that is true but win-loss wise...I'd say we are worse all around than both of those teams. Vince always had those leadership skills. I saw something on BET last night where they were saying he got Mack Brown to listen to rap music, and incorporate it in their workouts. Vince explained to Mack why the kids now a days listen to it and that it can motivate them in a big way. Just one example of Vince's people skills. Seems like everybody that has played with him would follow him off a bridge.

P.S. Why is everyone putting down everybody's threads. Where in the world did he say that it had anything to do with Reggie Bush...or that VY would make our running backs better???? You guys need to take some pills or something.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
yep, VY would have gotten Dayne to hit that whole 4 times harder and faster.
there was a hole?
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

you are the one that mentioned VY ..

I don't merit peoples post on the amount they have I don't know why you bring that up into a strawman argument
Old 10-15-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

you basically implied that VY had better leadership qualities is why the Titans won.

BTW I recall Moon's leadership being questioned because he wasn't vocal enough..

some of the other posters can correct me, but I think I see more fire out of Carr than I did of Moon
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2006   #8
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
there was a hole?
That is a very good question.

We obviously have issues with our running game but does the problem lie with the running backs or with the line? I'm no football expert by any strecth of the imagination but the line looked like they played pretty decent to me. The pass protection has steadily improved by week, especially considering the front seen they were going against this week. But as we know, run block and pass blocking are two different monsters. I could be wrong but my untrained eyes see the problem in the guys running the ball - no the guys blocking for them.

It would be interesting to see what Dom Davis would be doing this season. You know what they say, you never really know what you had until it is gone.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #9
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Titans win against Redskins - Reasoning: A decent running game...
Saints win against Eagles - Reasoning: A decent running game...
Texans lose against Cowboys - Reasoning: No running game...

Not raining on your opening thread but facts are facts for everyone to see. We will never win against these type of teams much less an Oakland or Cleveland until we get what the Titans and Saints at least have in that department...
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Storm View Post

Not raining on your opening thread but facts are facts for everyone to see. We will never win against these type of teams much less an Oakland or Cleveland until we get what the Titans and Saints at least have in that department...
If we had a OKAY run game that would be something.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #11
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Storm View Post

and passing on RBush for Mario guarranteed no running game..........................Mario was a mistake and I said it before he was even a Texan...............even his team mate Lawson is outplaying him
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

how is bush a mistake.. he is basically a receiver for N.O. and averages 3.1 yards a carry
Old 10-15-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
you basically implied that VY had better leadership qualities is why the Titans won.

BTW I recall Moon's leadership being questioned because he wasn't vocal enough..

some of the other posters can correct me, but I think I see more fire out of Carr than I did of Moon
Sometimes leadership is shown through leading by example...I think that is what Moon was good at.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

oh...leading by example meaning what? making the catch that the QB puts in your hands?

I don't get it...Carr had good throws today and yes got INT on 2 ..yet Bledsoe made horrible throws today yet .. I imagine being the cowboys won.. he is a leader
Old 10-15-2006   #15
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
and passing on RBush for Mario guarranteed no running game..........................Mario was a mistake and I said it before he was even a Texan...............even his team mate Lawson is outplaying him
Yeah, I agree. 89 all-purpose yards vs. the Eagles is HUGE. I mean, 11 carries for 25 yards? I have to convert to being a Reggie stan now.

I'll raise my hands as one of the people who are pleasantly surprised by the run of success the Saints have had in this season so far, but RB has been rather... desmondhowardish.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #16
TexanLen
Veteran

Mario had a decent game today. He actually had more than 2 tackles. It is just sickining that everywhere I look, i see the exposure Bush is getting. He should have been a texan!!! Watching The Texans play the way they did in the second half and watching VY and Bush's teams win put a sour taste in my mouth. Yeah, one player doesn't make a team, but can you imagine defenses HAVING to keep their eye out on our back? All defenses have to do now is drop back and defend the pass because our backs are slow rejects that no one else wanted.
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #17
jshlr4343
Rookie

I'm not sure what happened to the Texans today. I really thought we had made more progress. But the Texans do have a lot of injuries - Domenick Davis included.

To say that Vince Young wasn't a major contribution to the Titans is wrong. The Titans were apathetic in their first couple of games, and they just seemed to be a mess. Vince has made them into a team in just three weeks. He has made them believe they can win and he had them fired up to win for him.

I have to give New Orleans coach all the credit for their turnaround. Which is kind of a bummer, because Kubiak hasn't done the same for us. Doesn't mean he won't, but he hasn't. Bush has been helpful, but it's the system and Drew Brees that has turned that team around.

Coach's & QB's have the most influence on the team and it's direction. David Carr has been the brightest spot on the team this year, but he has had so much baggage in Houston with the coaching, that I don't know if he will ever get turned around here leadership wise. Maybe a new place that will give him weapons and protection and support.
jshlr4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone is missing the key point here:
VY: Knows how to win, no one can argue this
RB: knows how to win, came from one of the most winning programs in college football history
MW: No idea. NCState is not a team that dominated.

Maybe the attitude difference is whats separating these 3 players? Talentwise they may all be around the same, but the other 2 bring a desire to win and an enthusiam for it, while MW is content to play well week in and week out
Old 10-16-2006   #19
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Maybe the attitude difference is whats separating these 3 players? Talentwise they may all be around the same, but the other 2 bring a desire to win and an enthusiam for it, while MW is content to play well week in and week out
That's so weak....It's cool to give VY and RB props...They are helping their teams out in big ways....

But to try and blame a loss on Mario is ridiculous....
Old 10-16-2006   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
That's so weak....It's cool to give VY and RB props...They are helping their teams out in big ways....

But to try and blame a loss on Mario is ridiculous....
Um, again, you miss my point. In no way am I blaming this on Mario. If anything, its just an indirect comparison.

A winning attitude, leadership ability, optimism, and confidence are things a team needs. They either have them or they don't. Maybe VY is giving the Titans those things. Maybe RB is giving the Saints those things. Maybe thats why they are winning.

I think its clear that MW is not giving the Texans those things. Is this MWs fault? Not in the least, because there are 50+ other players who are ALSO not giving the Texans these things. I'm not blaming Mario for the loss, jus tsaying the Texans are lacking something that the other 2 provide, that he doesn't. Its not his fault, he's just not the rah-rah guy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read