Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2006   #1
Heywood
Veteran

Default andre "drop" johnson

when the game was in the balance, when it was time for men to step up who had courage, AJ was the biggest slacker or even coward on the field, refusing to make the tough catch. he's not ready for prime time.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #2
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: andre "drop" johnson

Lets forget the fact he is about 50% of our passing offense and way over 50% of our targets. I never tought i would say this, but we are trying to get the ball to him too much. We have to spread it around a little more then use his explosivness instead of running crossing slants and slants into the middle of the field where safties and linebackers are waiting, not having to worry about the run and knowing we want to go to AJ at evey opportunity.

All the "drops" were in coverage and heavy traffic. Believe it or not, its hard to catch a ball going 80 miles and hour when you have hands in your face, getting hit by Roy Williams and surrounded by people trying to stop you. Yes, he gets paid to catch the ball, but we have to use Molds for what we brought him in here to do: take pressure off AJ by being the #1 option when the D keys on AJ. We havnt done that yet.
Old 10-15-2006   #3
NJTexanFan
Rookie

Andre Johnson is definitely not someone to bash
NJTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

dont feed the trolls. let this one drop off the first page.
Old 10-15-2006   #5
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 11 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I can see why you've been demoted to the practice squad

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #6
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
stupid post of the day. So andre has one big not so good game today. :brickwall
totally agree, stupid post. defenders are focusing in on him every play, why? Cause we can't RUN THE DAMN BALL. Sooner or later you knew who was going to get keyed on if you put the whole game into perspective and not just the dropped ball.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
totally agree, stupid post. defenders are focusing in on him every play, why? Cause we can't RUN THE DAMN BALL. Sooner or later you knew who was going to get keyed on if you put the whole game into perspective and not just the dropped ball.
He got the Steve Smith treatment today (Seahawks in the NFC Championship game). How do we respond to this next week? Get the ball to Emo early and let him make some plays, then go to AJ. Balance!
Old 10-15-2006   #8
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

why does AJ always get a free pass with fans?
he drops his fair share of passes and sometimes he seems to not have any heart. (along with the rest of the team).
so why does carr , mario, etc. get ragged on all the time when andre gets nothing but praise?
it smacks of a double standard to me...
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #9
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
He got the Steve Smith treatment today (Seahawks in the NFC Championship game). How do we respond to this next week? Get the ball to Emo early and let him make some plays, then go to AJ. Balance!
Yeah, I totally agree with the balance deal. The only problem I had with Carr was he referred back to some old habits today, locking on one reciever and not going thru his reads, but I'm pretty sure Kube's pick up on that and get it corrected this week.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang it, you have to make plays IF your a "pro bowl" wr, he is not getting off this easy just because he has freaky talent, so what he dropped some KEY passes today, he a terrible game.

I expect bigger plays and more key grabs then he has shown, catch the football when it is hard to catch the football.

Throwing to him too much give me a break people, I could see if he id double covered and such, but when it is just EASY slant routes and you still cant win the battle, COME ON?
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #11
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckaroo_banzai View Post
why does AJ always get a free pass with fans?
he drops his fair share of passes and sometimes he seems to not have any heart. (along with the rest of the team).
so why does carr , mario, etc. get ragged on all the time when andre gets nothing but praise?
it smacks of a double standard to me...
He must be doing something right.Through 5 games andre would be the leader in recieving yards and I think receptions.By the way, this is a stupid post.
MrMeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #12
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
He must be doing something right.Through 5 games andre would be the leader in recieving yards and I think receptions.By the way, this is a stupid post.
oh i'm sorry....i forgot AJ could do no wrong.
thanks for the personal attack.
Old 10-15-2006   #13
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckaroo_banzai View Post
oh i'm sorry....i forgot AJ could do no wrong.
thanks for the personal attack.
Great come back. What big man you are.
Old 10-15-2006   #14
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

If anyone deserves a free pass on this team, it is AJ. I shutter to think what we would look like without him.
Old 10-15-2006   #15
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Great come back. What big man you are.
Old 10-15-2006   #16
FanFromCali
Rookie

He dropped a couple of passes....it happens.

He is still the best player the team has.
FanFromCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #17
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanFromCali View Post
He dropped a couple of passes....it happens.

He is still the best player the team has.
Yup.
Old 10-15-2006   #18
phan1
All Pro

I know it's not kosher to criticize our best player, but let's face it: He had an AWFUL game when we needed him DESPERATELY. While I'm not going to say he's a coward by any means, he did play about as bad as the rest of the team. Our running game isn't working; these short passes to Dre is the best we could muster. Hey, someone's got to freakin step it up, and Johnson had the opportunity to do that. And he didn't today. Yeah, he was covered well, but all those balls were catchable today, and that was the difference between being able to stay on the field for another set of downs and letting Dallas get another TD.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude was M.I.A. when it counted.

Carr's taken all the heat and now when AJ can make a few key catches...he drops them. That kind of thing is a momentum killer for the whole team.

If he's as good as you guys are pumping him up to be with all the "He's the best player" stuff...then where was he today?

TO had to make a few tough grabs, and he made them. AJ didn't. End of story.
Old 10-15-2006   #20
MrMeToo
All Pro

Some of you guys sound like you are blaming the loss all on Johnson. When reallisticly, it wasn't all one person's fault. But between Carr and Johnson, the blame has to be put more on Carr because his mistakes were bigger.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read